• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you purchased consecutive weeks, in the same unit, same resort?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Recently at the same resort, I acquired two consecutive weeks in the same unit. I was able to do this at 2 different timeshares.

With my key west weeks at Banyan I acquired them from two different owners. My most recent at Blowing Rock, NC I am acquiring from one owner.

Do you own consecutive weeks in the same unit? Anyone with more then 2 consecutive weeks?

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
As a points owner with HIVC we can reserve weeks on end with one reservation , starting and stopping any day of the week example 8, 10, 17 days 4 weeks or more, pretty sweet. Just need to have the points.

With 26 locations makes it pretty attractive.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
At Smugglers Notch in order to acquire 2 consecutive weeks in the same unit years ago when we purchased (back in 1999), you had to buy 4 weeks (2 ownerships) because a floater is attached to the majority of their fixed prime weeks. That is how they got rid of their off season weeks to begin with. But it was possible to do if you were willing to take on all 4 weeks and some people did.

To have an annual ownership you had to purchase a fixed week with a floater, which is what ours is. If you only wanted to own one week every year you couldn't do it unless you bought one even and one odd annual one week ownerships. They only sold you one week every other year with a floater to use in the in between years.
But each has a floater attached anyway- so you would be back at two weeks per year.

So- some people could rent a week before or after their week in the same unit from another owner if they were lucky. I have a friend right now who is doing that at Smuggs. I was going to do it once, but the rent was too steep.

Now I am happy with two consecutive weeks at 2 different resorts in 2 different states just 2 hours ride from each other. And we do enjoy having the floater for some nice time off season.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently at the same resort, I acquired two consecutive weeks in the same unit. I was able to do this at 2 different timeshares.

Do you own consecutive weeks in the same unit? Anyone with more then 2 consecutive weeks?

We own two consecutive weeks in the same unit at each of two separate (independent) timeshare properties located not far from one another in coastal SW FL, potentially providing four consecutive weeks of escape from New England winter, moving only once.

It took about 15 years of attentive searching, buying and selling to piece all of that together. We've not actually been able to use more than two out of those four weeks in any of the past several years, due to various family matters. Fortunately, because they are all prime "Snowbird" weeks in an area where demand always far exceeds supply at that time of year, any of those weeks are very easily rented out when we can't get there.

Last edited:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starting with week 50 I have units in SW FL (if you include the Sarasota area as South) through and including week 12. 12 of the 15 weeks consist of two consecutive weeks in the same unit (Panina gifted me one of the units that paired up with another unit) 5 of the 6 pairs were bought as pairs from the previous owner. Purchases span 20 years. Idea was that my wife and I could winter in Florida after retirement . Never have been able to actually use more than 3 weeks and usually use 2. Unused weeks tended to rent out easily through a third party who charged me a 10% commission -small profit usually paid for other maintenance fees--but my agent recently passed so this might change. Given 6 grandchildren I doubt my wife will ever want to spend a complete winter in Florida but I would expect to use 1 to 3 additional weeks in the future.
Probably hard to justify all of this on an economic basis but I have enjoyed it.
The units should be relatively easy to unload should I or my children wish so I don't think I have planted any landmines for those who I might leave behind and yes I hold title to all in a trust which is really a necessity for Florida timeshares

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I do not, but I would if available. And I do continue to watch to see if something comes up in the resale market.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We don’t own at the same resort but we own a week 22,23,24, but we have never used them all at the same time. They are not geographically close to each other. Other weeks we own are 29 and 41 they are not near each other either. Years ago when RCI had 99 Dollar last call we got two weeks at Driftwood in Vero Beach. Will not see those deals again!
Silentg

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have but not in the same unit. Unfortunately, the first week is a Friday-Friday, the second Saturday-Saturday. But, this is in New Orleans so that means all I have to do is sleep out in the street with the rest of the bums. It's just for one night!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Plenty of owners of Westin St John (VGV phase) have consecutive weeks in same villa (and same checkin day) as they were sold as Fix/Fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have consecutive weeks 5 and 6 at Hollywood Beach Resort and unit week 4 on the floor below that we have been able to swap because the owner's bank, so we've been staying 3 weeks in the same unit.

Now the unit is for sale, so I let it be know that we'd make a deal if a buyer would prefer the first floor.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
You folks are giving me fuel for daydreams...someday.... :)

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
It took a few years but we accumulated nine weeks at our favorite resort in Grand Cayman in the same unit “type”. They are floating weeks but we are able to book them all at once back-to-back and because they are all the same “type” we stay in the same room the entire time. It’s a wonderful winter getaway!!

itd1sah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own 4 weeks at Costa Linda in Aruba in the same unit. Weeks 39/40/41/42. Too 7 years to accomplish this as each purchase was from
a different source. So nice not to have to change rooms.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did own two consecutive weeks at the same resort in the same unit in New Orleans. I have since sold them.

With most timeshares using a floating system and even some of the fixed weeks using a floating unit system even finding a resort that is still a true fixed unit and fixed week system is difficult.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
this is the "big thing" in aruba. Folks are always looking to trade/acquire weeks in same unit. At Playa Linda, I have 2 weeks in one unit, followed by 2 weeks in another. Also took a few years - you have to buy when its available - even if you aren't "ready". If I ever sell - first dibs goes to the guy after me. I also have 2 consecutive weeks in Breckenridge in February. I book 2 weeks together with Wyndham was well. I just notify the front desk that I have 2 weeks and prefer not to move. Never has been a problem.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
A number of folks have up 2-5 consecutive weeks in the Marriott Maui Lahaina/Napili tower fixed week units in winter and summer peak times. Expensive proposition there, and as noted above, made harder if trying to buy resale and put a string together. You have to buy when they show up and hope you can fill an inside straight sometimes.

The most extensive strings were bought from the developer or bought resale where all weeks were owned by the same original purchaser.

Last edited:

mike1moss

TUG Member
Reaction score

With my key west weeks at Banyan I acquired them from two different owners. My most recent at Blowing Rock, NC I am acquiring from one owner.

Not sure how to post so hit reply, hope this is OK
Now have 2 consecutive weeks at MGC in Vegas followed by 3 consecutive weeks at LGI in Phoenix all done through II using DRI points. In the past I was able to get 3 consecutive weeks in a 3 bedroom at KBK in Beaver Creek CO, and 11 consecutive weeks in Texas and the Southwest. Even though all resorts were gold crown or higher some of the time was in mid season. To do this you have to keep looking and be flexible but Timeshares do take some “work” managing.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to post so hit reply, hope this is OK
Now have 2 consecutive weeks at MGC in Vegas followed by 3 consecutive weeks at LGI in Phoenix all done through II using DRI points. In the past I was able to get 3 consecutive weeks in a 3 bedroom at KBK in Beaver Creek CO, and 11 consecutive weeks in Texas and the Southwest. Even though all resorts were gold crown or higher some of the time was in mid season. To do this you have to keep looking and be flexible but Timeshares do take some “work” managing.

Exchanging is easy. I could actually get 52 consecutive weeks at a Marriott in Orlando. It’s Orlando but still. The OP is talking about owning actual fixed unit and fixed weeks. When you own a fixed unit you are occupying your actual own deeded property. For that specific week it’s like your house. The other systems end up being a right to use where the deeded rights are given up through the timeshare docs.

mike1moss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchanging is easy. I could actually get 52 consecutive weeks at a Marriott in Orlando. It’s Orlando but still. The OP is talking about owning actual fixed unit and fixed weeks. When you own a fixed unit you are occupying your actual own deeded property. For that specific week it’s like your house. The other systems end up being a right to use where the deeded rights are given up through the timeshare docs.
Sorry I guess I didn’t understand the thread

rosco1e

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 13 weeks in a row at VICC Brownsville for years. Jan - March and it was great. All 2 bedrooms. I'm down to just 4 now (all of February) and they're in the classifieds. We bought a condo in Orlando so tough to use them now. But when we had them all it was great. Super super easy to snowbird all winter in warmth without actually owning and worrying about a home or condo.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Mike, as Saints noted, using floating weeks that most folks own to build a multiple week visit is somewhat easy, though you may not get the same room assignment each week.

Resorts that offer a Fixed Week AND fixed unit purchase option allow the owner to stay in one unit for all the weeks they own, and for purposes of this thread, sequentially. And you don’t have to reserve your week in advance. You own it.

Note, it is possible to buy fixed weeks where the unit assignment will vary, so that doesn’t work, unless room control is nice to you. :)

deslagle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I once was in the pool at the Coral Building for Lawai Beach Resort on Kauai (Koloa, Hi near Poipu Point), years ago. As I talked with others in that pool as we shared timesharing experiences, I realized I was the only person in the pool that did not own more than 1 week at this timeshare. One couple, both teachers, owned 4 weeks and were using them yearly in a row and sometimes let family use some of them. Also, one couple had a car parked in the Coral parking garage for their own use when they came for multiple weeks. Sure make a lot of sense to stay multiple weeks since flying to Hawaii is not cheap.
My spouse and I own 1 week on Maui and 1 week every other year on Kauai. We found it was cheaper round trip to fly to Lihue, Hi (Kauai) and then fly back, after using both weeks,back from Kahului, Hi (Maui) with Alaska airlines. The savings is enough that we then used Island air to hop from Kauai to Maui. Island Air went out of business since we were there last and this month we got a direct flight with Hawaiian Airlines for $103 each for next April.

I now own at the Banyon building (Lawai Beach Resort). So I recommend owning two plus weeks in a row either way. Two weeks plus at the same resort or island hop for two weeks in a row at different islands.
Of course, before I was retired two weeks in a row was hard to obtain. Now retired it makes perfect sense.
Many of the midwestern owners come to Hawaii to skip harsh winters. But some of the Hawaiian islands, Dec and January is the rainy season. Lawai Beach is on the southern coast and not as much rain.
I did a lot of research and I try to go the last two weeks in April. Demand is down and one can pick which room one wants to have at Lawai Beach. Flights are cheaper after the flurry of spring break. Weather is nicer.
I realize this does not work for everyone but applying some of this logic to your own situation at resorts you like I recommend more than 1 week. When I pick which room I want, I walk into reservations while I am there
and book it 2 years in advance for the next time we are coming back.

Lawai Beach Resort originally was a Shell Property (now owned by Wyndham) but now has a very good owners organization and great staff that run it.
Resale prices are very reasonable. These are not fixed weeks at the Alii or Banyon property. So things are quite flexible.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazingly, I joined tug in order to learn how to get rid of my timeshare in Hawaii. Instead we learned how to use it to our advantage and as our circumstances have changed, we are in the process of purchasing a second floating deeded week and plan to book it as a second consecutive week in February for our 50th anniversary.

We are acquiring our second week through Timeshare Nation for free. Absolutely free. The process is almost finished and so far has gone without a hitch.

It is a long flight from the Midwest to the Big Island of Hawaii and the past few years we've rented condos to fill in the second and third weeks of our stay. Since we really enjoy Paniolo Greens, we decided to grab another week and just stay where we're familiar and comfortable.

avad88

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first timeshare we purchased (resale) 15 years ago was a fixed summer week in the Outer Banks of NC. About 5 years later we bought the following week at the same resort on eBay. Both are 2 bedroom, 2 bath units, Sunday check ins, but in different buildings. Some years we put one week in RCI, but most years, we stay for 2 weeks. They are not the same unit, but the resort is usually able to accommodate us for both weeks in one or the other unit.
We have been very happy with the consecutive weeks—except when we had an assssment for improvements—double the fun!