• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Headed to Kings' Land Tuesday!

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Greetings! The Fam and I are headed to Kings' Land on Tuesday (ironic since the last episode of Game of Thrones is Sunday). We are there for a VIP week in a 2BR in Phase III. We have a car rented for the week to explore beaches and what we can of the Island. Any pro tips? I know there's a parallel thread more focused on Bay Club currently, but we are Big Island novices so I'm open to suggestions.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, the parallel thread is focused quite a bit on BI activities that would apply to a Kingsland stay as well.

Cheers.

bagabonz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club Waikoloa
Yes they are walking distance from each other. Everything applies with relation to activities etc. Pro tips?

Join Konaweb.com It's a bulletin board with nearly everything happening on the Big Island.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings! The Fam and I are headed to Kings' Land on Tuesday (ironic since the last episode of Game of Thrones is Sunday). We are there for a VIP week in a 2BR in Phase III. We have a car rented for the week to explore beaches and what we can of the Island. Any pro tips? I know there's a parallel thread more focused on Bay Club currently, but we are Big Island novices so I'm open to suggestions.
Sorry you're in Phase 3. Good thing you have a rental car since you'll need it (and a full tank of gas) to get to the pool and restaurant unless you're a marathon enthusiast. You should fight/claw to get them to move you into Phase 2. Phase 3 is way, way too far from the main resort/pool/dining areas.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry you're in Phase 3. Good thing you have a rental car since you'll need it (and a full tank of gas) to get to the pool and restaurant unless you're a marathon enthusiast. You should fight/claw to get them to move you into Phase 2. Phase 3 is way, way too far from the main resort/pool/dining areas.

Interesting. We've walked from Bay Club to the main pool (and pool bar, specifically) and didn't find it very far. Is Phase 3 actually further away that Bay Club?

Cheers.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Hmmm, every morning we would walk from where we were staying (Bay Club or Kohala Suites) over to the Hilton Waikoloa and back again. Not a marathon enthusiast either. And to get to the beach we manage to get ourselves, and our "stuff" from the parking lot down the hill to the beach at Hapuna.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Interesting. We've walked from Bay Club to the main pool (and pool bar, specifically) and didn't find it very far. Is Phase 3 actually further away that Bay Club?

Cheers.

Its not that far, he’s eggzagerating. Its right across the street from the service building and building 1 of phase 1. It has its own pool and hot tub.

Its the closest phase to BC until they build phases 4 and 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not that far, he’s eggzagerating. Its right across the street from the service building and building 1 of phase 1. It has its own pool and hot tub.

Its the closest phase to BC until they build phases 4 and 5.

Yes, exaggerating overall. But not exaggerating that I'd never stay in P3 because it's too far for our liking.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Clarification: we were supposed to be in Phase II but ended up in Phase III. Building #23, room 104 facing the parking lot. We like the lanai and walking out from it. Mountain view would have been nice but this has a better breeze. Sunset view attached.

It is a hike to the pool complex and clubhouse. But having a surprisingly decent pool between buildings 24 and 25, only 100 yards away, is nice
e1be3c815fb991f313abe29abef10aec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification: we were supposed to be in Phase II but ended up in Phase III. Building #23, room 104 facing the parking lot. We like the lanai and walking out from it. Mountain view would have been nice but this has a better breeze. Sunset view attached.

It is a hike to the pool complex and clubhouse. But having a surprisingly decent pool between buildings 24 and 25, only 100 yards away, is nice
e1be3c815fb991f313abe29abef10aec.jpg

For a "parking lot" view that isn't bad at all. It looks like you're on the end of the building so the actual "parking" isn't right in front of you. That's great.

Question - you were "supposed to be in Phase 2". Then why did you let them change you to P3? The resort can put in whatever room/building they want but when you book a certain Phase (like you have to at KL) they shouldn't be able to move you out of that phase without your permission. Curious how that all played out and if you protested.

klowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land
When you book, you book into a room type, not a building Phase. The booking website does not identify which phase you are booking into when you book - it only states what the room size and point requirements are.

Phase 3 does have some lower point structure 2-bedrooms (smaller sized units) equivalent to what Phase 2 has, so the management can assign you a room there since they are equivalent - but I believe all of these Phase 3 lower point 2-bedrooms have parking lot views. I was told that all of the 2 bedroom golf course view rooms in Phase 3 are of the higher point structure (please correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never seen this documented anywhere).

I would add that the front desk is also not very helpful when you arrive to explain what rooms have what point values - they don't seem to know.

Phase 3 is newer, so some people may not mind the extra walk to get a fresher unit.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I took some pics before the opening and made some assumptions based on the type of lanai furniture. I think all the 2br face the rear, only the 1br face parking lot like phase 2.

Kingsland Phase 3 -Waikoloa Big Island Question

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
I took some pics before the opening and made some assumptions based on the type of lanai furniture. I think all the 2br face the rear, only the 1br face parking lot like phase 2.

Kingsland Phase 3 -Waikoloa Big Island Question

Our 2BR faced the parking lot. BUT... The lanai was 25-30 feet away from the sidewalk, and the parking lot was another 30 feet beyond the sidewalk. I compared it with the Phase 2 buildings (#21-22), and those lanais were only 15-20 ft from the Parking lot! I thought this was a remarkable difference in improving the aesthetic.