• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Help me get rid of my] Timeshare

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me get out of my timeshares
It's going to take a bit more on your part to help you accomplish this. First, is this something you just bought so you can rescind (cancel) the purchase? Is it something you've owned for some time? Is it paid off, free and clear with all dues and maintenance current? If you want to sell or give it away, there's a 'sticky' at top of this forum (in red) explaining how to list it for sale or giveaway.

A word of caution- DO NOT sign up for ANY of those 'get you out of your timeshare', upfront fee outfits. We have not found one yet that is not a scam designed to separate you from your money.

Best wishes. dispensing of a timeshare is not simple and can take some time. They have little to no resale value, and there is no real practical marketplace (except TUG and perhaps Redweek) where it can be listed at a low- to no cost.

Jim

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming your Week is outside of the rescind period; has no loan against it; and MFs are current, the cleanest way to divest is to see if you can deed it back to the HOA or if what you own is Points, to the entity that manages the Point System.

George

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming your Week is outside of the rescind period; has no loan against it; and MFs are current, the cleanest way to divest is to see if you can deed it back to the HOA or if what you own is Points, to the entity that manages the Point System.

Good advice, but OP needs to clearly understand that "deedback" cannot be achieved by independent, unilateral action.

The HOA must overtly agree to accept a "deedback". If they are willing to do so at all, they may very well impose some fees as a condition to acceptance. A year (or two) worth of maintenance fees might be required for deedback acceptance.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Need more info?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help me get out of my timeshares
Bmaynard, we're here to give what guidance we can, but you need to communicate with us.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score