• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP needed with timeshare transfer company

DJ0105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
World Mark
Legendary
Palace Premiere
HELP! What can we do with our tomeshare transfer situation? We were at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We were persuaded to attend a timeshare presentation for a guaranteed 90 mimutes and great perks. They were pitching "Legendary" tiimeshares. (associated with Palace Premiere). We got up to leave after saying "NO" to 3 different representatives after they scribbled numbers on yellow sheets of paper and spouted their salespitch. A rep kept pressuring us. We mentioned we had a World Mark Timeshare
with a monthy maintenance fee. Boy, are we sorry we said that! She said "NO PROBLEM". Scribbling and speedily talking, "We'll write a contract giving you $5000 equity credit for the World Mark Timeshare and you'll be rid of the monthly maintenace fee. It's a wash" You'll pay $350 to start the transfer paperwork and then $500 when the transfer takes place. It will take a few months to get it done and you will need to pay the 2017 maintenance fees. We said "OK". "BUT ONLY IF WORLD MARK is transferred".

It was now 3 plus hours later and we were mentally and physically exhausted. Another employee, whom we could not understand, slid the sheets of the contract in front of us to sign. He worked rapidly, not giving us time to read them, breathing over our shoulders. He said, "It's just as we talked about". We are trusting people and signed in good faith.

We had no idea how a timeshare transfer company works. We genuinely thought we would be transferring our ownership directly to Global. Whatever tey did with it after that was up to them.

Global emailed us about 30 days later. Requested $406 ($350 plus tax). We did so.

Two weeks later, we received an email from Global, directing us to send them our World Mak ownership documents! When received, Global Resort Transfer would send us a "full document packet for us to execute and return along with $500 processing fee. That's when we got suspicious and started investigating. Of course you know what we discovered. Global Resort Transfer Inc is nothing but a rip off. They will prolong the transaction as long as they can or until you report them to BBB or hire an attorney, or both.

In the last email, and aloo in their included "official" letter, it states, "If the required documents are not returned within 30 days, we will assume you do not wish to continue with the preparation of the transfer and your file will be closed".

Do we believe this? Or is this just the way to start threatening us with legal action, penalties and collection costs. What can we do? Our 30 days is uo in 10 days. Please help.

Thank you.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, this is quite an ugly situation and unfortunately appears to be missing a ton of details.

unfortunately what was said verbally (by you, or by the salesperson) has nothing to do with the agreement and wont matter at this point...only what is in the contract you signed.

what are the details of the contract specifically? this all sounds like your typical mexican "trade in" scam where you end up simply owning two timeshares instead of trading yours in.

DJ0105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
World Mark
Legendary
Palace Premiere
The actual signed contract with "Legendary" makes NO reference to the agreement with Global Resort Transfer. Not even the fact that they gave us $5000 equity credit. There is an additional pink Global sheet that we signed with precise instructions and fees. How can they ask for our doccuments at the beginning of the transaction? Basically we are handing over our ownership as we cannot use it. But we still have to pay maintenance.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I "worked" for Global for a few weeks many years ago. My job was to help people resell their timeshares. I fell for their line but Of course it was a BIG scam and I ended up telling people to rescind their Agreement. At that time Global suggested to me to stall their customers until the rescission period had past. As I said it was a very short relationship and I cost Global a slew of contracts. I felt I was on the side of the angels.