• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hershey's is changing the look of its candy bar for the first time in history

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Too bad that they're not also improving the chocolate:
"New Hershey's!"

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I always loved Hershey bars but then I started getting into dark chocolate and I prefer that now.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever. If it helps with marketing, great. I'll still eat it. I am not a chocolate snob. I like Hershey's better than Nestle's though, and I can't stand the cheap Easter stuff that comes out, like Palmer's.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I love a Hershey Bar With Almonds!

Love Hersheys with Almonds, Reese Cups, Almond Joys, Nestle Crunches, and any dark chocolate.

I'll close my eyes and you can hand me any of the above, and we'll be fast friends.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Love Hersheys with Almonds, Reese Cups, Almond Joys, Nestle Crunches, and any dark chocolate.

I'll close my eyes and you can hand me any of the above, and we'll be fast friends.

You had me until the any. Some dark chocolates are just too bitter for me. However, I do dream of going back to Bruges and stuffing my suitcase with as many packages of these as I can: https://www.choco-holic.be/en/producten/detail/florentines-245-gr

I also love See's Candies Nuts and Chews, Heath Bars, Brach's Malted Milk Balls, and Russell Stover Pecan Delights.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Not a dark chocolate nor a Hershey's fan. Craft chocolatiers can produce some lovely chocolates. Rogers' Chocolates from Victoria, BC offer lovely cream-filled chocolates called Victoria Creams with many different flavours. A must-stop when in Victoria.

https://www.rogerschocolates.com/our-collections/victoria-creams-squares/build-a-box

Two of my favourite premium chocolate bars that are easily available in multiple locations are Toblerone and Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Plus, I agree with jme and admit I also have a soft spot for that genius invention: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yummmy!

is

s-l1600.jpg

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not a dark chocolate nor a Hershey's fan. Craft chocolatiers can produce some lovely chocolates. Rogers' Chocolates from Victoria, BC offer lovely cream-filled chocolates called Victoria Creams with many different flavours. A must-stop when in Victoria.

https://www.rogerschocolates.com/our-collections/victoria-creams-squares/build-a-box

Two of my favourite premium chocolate bars that are easily available in multiple locations are Toblerone and Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Plus, I agree with jme and admit I also have a soft spot for that genius invention: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yummmy!

is

s-l1600.jpg

Cadbury, I'm not very fond of. I see Roger's Chocolates has a raspberry cream filled that I'd like to try! For many years, Godiva had a cream filled called Raspberry Crown. Normally, I don't like the cream filled chocolates but that one I loved. They discontinued it. I really don't like Godiva in general.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Cadbury, I'm not very fond of. I see Roger's Chocolates has a raspberry cream filled that I'd like to try! For many years, Godiva had a cream filled called Raspberry Crown. Normally, I don't like the cream filled chocolates but that one I loved. They discontinued it. I really don't like Godiva in general.

That's OK, we all have different tastes. And the Cadbury milk chocolate you get there is a different formulation than we get here. Ours tends to be more chocolaty and creamy than most US chocolate. And that is true of most chocolate brands, as was discussed in the thread about the 11 Treats You Can Only Get in Canada. The image above of a Cadbury bar was the first one I could find, but is actually not a Canadian bar, since it is not bilingual. Not that the wrapper is that much different. There was a blind tasting about 5 years ago.

Here's the link to the tasting, although certainly not scientific nor by experts, but interesting nevertheless:
https://www.canadianliving.com/food/article/makes-best-dairy-milk-chocolate-bar

And here's a Canadian bar:
124324_1.jpg

By the same token, I don't generally prefer US chocolate, including Godiva or brands like Russell Stover. They don't have the same taste to me. And I think you would enjoy the Victoria Creams. They are absolutely delicious. Beautiful creamy milk or dark chocolate exteriors with centres that are full of flavour. And the raspberry ones are one of my favourites, too. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My mother was from Victoria, so she grew up with them. Anytime we were visiting my grandparents, we always stopped into the Rogers' store downtown. I still visit it when in Victoria. We can also now source them at certain stores here in Toronto, but I try and avoid them as much as possible to save myself from myself!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
That's OK, we all have different tastes. And the Cadbury milk chocolate you get there is a different formulation than we get here. Ours tends to be more chocolaty and creamy than most US chocolate. And that is true of most chocolate brands, as was discussed in the thread about the 11 Treats You Can Only Get in Canada. The image above of a Cadbury bar was the first one I could find, but is actually not a Canadian bar, since it is not bilingual. Not that the wrapper is that much different. There was a blind tasting about 5 years ago.

Here's the link to the tasting, although certainly not scientific nor by experts, but interesting nevertheless:

124324_1.jpg

By the same token, I don't generally prefer US chocolate, including Godiva or brands like Russell Stover. They don't have the same taste to me. And I think you would enjoy the Victoria Creams. They are absolutely delicious. Beautiful creamy milk or dark chocolate exteriors with centres that are full of flavour. And the raspberry ones are one of my favourites, too. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My mother was from Victoria, so she grew up with them. Anytime we were visiting my grandparents, we always stopped into their store downtown. I still visit it when in Victoria. We can also now source them at certain stores here in Toronto, but I try and avoid them as much as possible to save myself from myself!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hi CanuckTravlr,

Thanks for educating our palates and informing us of chocolate stores to patronize when we visit Canada.

Richard

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Both my DW and I love chocolate, but have focused on dark chocolate due to the taste and health benefits when eaten in moderation . It must be at least 70% cocoa. We started eating Ghiradelli brand, but then tried Lindt’s 78% and really liked that. So, when we see a sale we stock up. We eat one square per day, unless we splurge and eat two. Good stuff!

Best regards.

Mike

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

is

s-l1600.jpg

I love cream filled chocolates. When I was a kid, nobody else in my family liked the creams in a box of Pot of Gold chocolates, and we always received multiple boxes as gifts at Christmas.

I will look for Rogers.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I love Lindts 99%. I haven’t found anyone else who does.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried it once in Germany :eek: it was hair-raisingly bitter. Hats off to u Panina :)

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Lydlady, and they are TOO GOOD! I think maybe 55% chocolate? Choceur is the brand. They are the large chocolate bars with the whole hazelnuts . Started my addiction with them YEARS ago:):) If you try them let me know what u think.:)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Ditto, loved those Reese Cup and Almond Joys.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

124324_1.jpg

My mother was from Victoria, so she grew up with them. Anytime we were visiting my grandparents, we always stopped into the Rogers' store downtown. I still visit it when in Victoria. We can also now source them at certain stores here in Toronto, but I try and avoid them as much as possible to save myself from myself!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't know the formulation was different for Cadbury here and there. I've eaten it in England. Godiva hasn't enticed me for years now that they discontinued the raspberry crown. Our CHS store closed a year or so ago. I promise I wasn't the one keeping it in business through raspberry crowns! :D

Someone always gives my mother a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights for Christmas and she opens it and passes it around. It's come to be associated with Christmas morning for me. And you associate your time in Victoria with your grandparents with Rogers. I do that with so many foods which tends to lead me to treat myself to recreate the warm fuzzy feeling far too often! :eek: Next time you two are in CHS, we should share a mini Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's! OMG it's decadent.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Both my DW and I love chocolate, but have focused on dark chocolate due to the taste and health benefits when eaten in moderation . It must be at least 70% cocoa. We started eating Ghiradelli brand, but then tried Lindt’s 78% and really liked that. So, when we see a sale we stock up. We eat one square per day, unless we splurge and eat two. Good stuff!

Best regards.

Mike

That's control! I'm more of the "bet you can't just eat one" type so can't have it around!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I didn't know the formulation was different for Cadbury here and there. I've eaten it in England. Godiva hasn't enticed me for years now that they discontinued the raspberry crown. Our CHS store closed a year or so ago. I promise I wasn't the one keeping it in business through raspberry crowns! :D

Someone always gives my mother a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights for Christmas and she opens it and passes it around. It's come to be associated with Christmas morning for me. And you associate your time in Victoria with your grandparents with Rogers. I do that with so many foods which tends to lead me to treat myself to recreate the warm fuzzy feeling far too often! :eek: Next time you two are in CHS, we should share a mini Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's! OMG it's decadent.

Really enjoyed our time at Magnolia's in March. Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's sounds delicious. It's a date!! Will let you know when we are next there. :thumbup:

My mother also liked to buy the Russell Stover mixed chocolate selection when they were spending winters in Florida. I found them OK, but just OK, but didn't really understand her delight with them. The Pecan Delights sound a bit like Turtles, which are my wife's favourite. I enjoy them, too, so I might like the Pecan Delights. You don't know till you try!! :D

I too have never been successful in trying "just one" if I really like it, so tend to try and avoid most of the time. And as much as I love Lindt Swiss milk chocolate, I have never gotten into the dark chocolate, especially the high % bars, and really don't enjoy them. :eek:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last few years I worked as a trucker, I was tasked to carrying chocolate from the Hershey Western Distribution Center to regional distributors in Portland OR, and Seattle. Fortunately for me, the warehouse couldn't count worth a darn, and I frequently had overages of a box or two after the load was all counted off the trailer. The distributor preferred me to donate the overages to charity instead of run the refrigeration back to the warehouse. Occasionally I was my favorite charity.

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I love a Hershey Bar With Almonds!

Has been my dad's favorite for years. Now my mom buys the Hershey's Nuggets with almonds (we like with toffee pieces best) for him and lets him have as many as he wants since he's on hospice care. BTW, I think joke is on hospice because after 3 months in bed he is up using a walker, and first stop is always the Nugget jar.