TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Hershey's is changing the look of its candy bar for the first time in history

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by MULTIZ321, May 15, 2019 at 4:50 PM.

1. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    mpumilia likes this.
  2. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Too bad that they're not also improving the chocolate:
    "New Hershey's!"

3. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I always loved Hershey bars but then I started getting into dark chocolate and I prefer that now.

mjm1 and silentg like this.
  4. Patri

Patri Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Whatever. If it helps with marketing, great. I'll still eat it. I am not a chocolate snob. I like Hershey's better than Nestle's though, and I can't stand the cheap Easter stuff that comes out, like Palmer's.

mpumilia likes this.
  5. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
    Brewster Green (two weeks).
    I love a Hershey Bar With Almonds!

clifffaith, mpumilia and jme like this.
  6. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 6
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston2
    Love Hersheys with Almonds, Reese Cups, Almond Joys, Nestle Crunches, and any dark chocolate.

I'll close my eyes and you can hand me any of the above, and we'll be fast friends.

pedro47, mpumilia and silentg like this.
  7. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    You had me until the any. Some dark chocolates are just too bitter for me. However, I do dream of going back to Bruges and stuffing my suitcase with as many packages of these as I can: https://www.choco-holic.be/en/producten/detail/florentines-245-gr

I also love See's Candies Nuts and Chews, Heath Bars, Brach's Malted Milk Balls, and Russell Stover Pecan Delights.

clifffaith and jme like this.
  8. CanuckTravlr

CanuckTravlr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Ocean 22
    Not a dark chocolate nor a Hershey's fan. Craft chocolatiers can produce some lovely chocolates. Rogers' Chocolates from Victoria, BC offer lovely cream-filled chocolates called Victoria Creams with many different flavours. A must-stop when in Victoria.

https://www.rogerschocolates.com/our-collections/victoria-creams-squares/build-a-box

Two of my favourite premium chocolate bars that are easily available in multiple locations are Toblerone and Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Plus, I agree with jme and admit I also have a soft spot for that genius invention: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yummmy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

clifffaith and bizaro86 like this.
  9. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Cadbury, I'm not very fond of. I see Roger's Chocolates has a raspberry cream filled that I'd like to try! For many years, Godiva had a cream filled called Raspberry Crown. Normally, I don't like the cream filled chocolates but that one I loved. They discontinued it. I really don't like Godiva in general.

10. CanuckTravlr

CanuckTravlr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Ocean 22
    That's OK, we all have different tastes. And the Cadbury milk chocolate you get there is a different formulation than we get here. Ours tends to be more chocolaty and creamy than most US chocolate. And that is true of most chocolate brands, as was discussed in the thread about the 11 Treats You Can Only Get in Canada. The image above of a Cadbury bar was the first one I could find, but is actually not a Canadian bar, since it is not bilingual. Not that the wrapper is that much different. There was a blind tasting about 5 years ago.

Here's the link to the tasting, although certainly not scientific nor by experts, but interesting nevertheless:
    https://www.canadianliving.com/food/article/makes-best-dairy-milk-chocolate-bar

And here's a Canadian bar:
    [​IMG]

By the same token, I don't generally prefer US chocolate, including Godiva or brands like Russell Stover. They don't have the same taste to me. And I think you would enjoy the Victoria Creams. They are absolutely delicious. Beautiful creamy milk or dark chocolate exteriors with centres that are full of flavour. And the raspberry ones are one of my favourites, too. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

My mother was from Victoria, so she grew up with them. Anytime we were visiting my grandparents, we always stopped into the Rogers' store downtown. I still visit it when in Victoria. We can also now source them at certain stores here in Toronto, but I try and avoid them as much as possible to save myself from myself!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 6:21 PM
    clifffaith and Glynda like this.
  11. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    Hi CanuckTravlr,

Thanks for educating our palates and informing us of chocolate stores to patronize when we visit Canada.

Richard

Glynda and CanuckTravlr like this.
  12. mav

mav TUG Member

I love Aldi's large dark chocolate bars with the hazelnuts. For YEARS I hauled them back in my suitcase from Germany, and when Aldi came here to the USA I was so happy to see they stocked them here too.

13. Lydlady

Lydlady TUG Member

Aldi's has large chocolate bars with hazelnuts?! There is an Aldi's close by. I knew I should be shopping there more often.

pedro47, CanuckTravlr and silentg like this.
  14. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Newport Coast Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Both my DW and I love chocolate, but have focused on dark chocolate due to the taste and health benefits when eaten in moderation . It must be at least 70% cocoa. We started eating Ghiradelli brand, but then tried Lindt’s 78% and really liked that. So, when we see a sale we stock up. We eat one square per day, unless we splurge and eat two. Good stuff!

Best regards.

Mike

Glynda likes this.
  15. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

I love cream filled chocolates. When I was a kid, nobody else in my family liked the creams in a box of Pot of Gold chocolates, and we always received multiple boxes as gifts at Christmas.

I will look for Rogers.

CanuckTravlr likes this.
  16. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I love Lindts 99%. I haven’t found anyone else who does.

pedro47 likes this.
  17. mav

mav TUG Member

I tried it once in Germany :eek: it was hair-raisingly bitter. Hats off to u Panina :)

18. mav

mav TUG Member

Yes, Lydlady, and they are TOO GOOD! I think maybe 55% chocolate? Choceur is the brand. They are the large chocolate bars with the whole hazelnuts . Started my addiction with them YEARS ago:):) If you try them let me know what u think.:)

19. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Ditto, loved those Reese Cup and Almond Joys.

20. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I didn't know the formulation was different for Cadbury here and there. I've eaten it in England. Godiva hasn't enticed me for years now that they discontinued the raspberry crown. Our CHS store closed a year or so ago. I promise I wasn't the one keeping it in business through raspberry crowns! :D

Someone always gives my mother a box of Russell Stover Pecan Delights for Christmas and she opens it and passes it around. It's come to be associated with Christmas morning for me. And you associate your time in Victoria with your grandparents with Rogers. I do that with so many foods which tends to lead me to treat myself to recreate the warm fuzzy feeling far too often! :eek: Next time you two are in CHS, we should share a mini Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's! OMG it's decadent.

CanuckTravlr likes this.
  21. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    That's control! I'm more of the "bet you can't just eat one" type so can't have it around!

CanuckTravlr likes this.
  22. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Whoa! Tried it, threw it away.

CanuckTravlr likes this.
  23. CanuckTravlr

CanuckTravlr TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Ocean 22
    Really enjoyed our time at Magnolia's in March. Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's sounds delicious. It's a date!! Will let you know when we are next there. :thumbup:

My mother also liked to buy the Russell Stover mixed chocolate selection when they were spending winters in Florida. I found them OK, but just OK, but didn't really understand her delight with them. The Pecan Delights sound a bit like Turtles, which are my wife's favourite. I enjoy them, too, so I might like the Pecan Delights. You don't know till you try!! :D

I too have never been successful in trying "just one" if I really like it, so tend to try and avoid most of the time. And as much as I love Lindt Swiss milk chocolate, I have never gotten into the dark chocolate, especially the high % bars, and really don't enjoy them. :eek:

24. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

For the last few years I worked as a trucker, I was tasked to carrying chocolate from the Hershey Western Distribution Center to regional distributors in Portland OR, and Seattle. Fortunately for me, the warehouse couldn't count worth a darn, and I frequently had overages of a box or two after the load was all counted off the trailer. The distributor preferred me to donate the overages to charity instead of run the refrigeration back to the warehouse. Occasionally I was my favorite charity.

Jim

chellej, Patri, clifffaith and 2 others like this.
  25. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Has been my dad's favorite for years. Now my mom buys the Hershey's Nuggets with almonds (we like with toffee pieces best) for him and lets him have as many as he wants since he's on hospice care. BTW, I think joke is on hospice because after 3 months in bed he is up using a walker, and first stop is always the Nugget jar.

mentalbreak and CanuckTravlr like this.