• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hershey's is changing the look of its candy bar for the first time in history

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Not a dark chocolate nor a Hershey's fan. Craft chocolatiers can produce some lovely chocolates. Rogers' Chocolates from Victoria, BC offer lovely cream-filled chocolates called Victoria Creams with many different flavours. A must-stop when in Victoria.

https://www.rogerschocolates.com/our-collections/victoria-creams-squares/build-a-box

Two of my favourite premium chocolate bars that are easily available in multiple locations are Toblerone and Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Plus, I agree with jme and admit I also have a soft spot for that genius invention: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yummmy!

is

s-l1600.jpg

Just had my first Fruit & Nut bar in years a couple days ago. Reminds me of the old Chunky square bar.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Aldi's has large chocolate bars with hazelnuts?! There is an Aldi's close by. I knew I should be shopping there more often.

The only thing Cliff can buy that he knows I won't go searching his desk for is candy bars with hazelnuts. I just can't abide hazelnuts! He usually gets a couple bars when we go to Trader Joe's.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I love Aldi's large dark chocolate bars with the hazelnuts. For YEARS I hauled them back in my suitcase from Germany, and when Aldi came here to the USA I was so happy to see they stocked them here too.
Aldi has great chocolate. Haven't really had anything bad from there yet, except I did return their 85% cocoa, I learned I really can't go above 70%.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Really enjoyed our time at Magnolia's in March. Peanut Butter Passion Cake at Carmella's sounds delicious. It's a date!! Will let you know when we are next there. :thumbup:

My mother also liked to buy the Russell Stover mixed chocolate selection when they were spending winters in Florida. I found them OK, but just OK, but didn't really understand her delight with them. The Pecan Delights sound a bit like Turtles, which are my wife's favourite. I enjoy them, too, so I might like the Pecan Delights. You don't know till you try!! :D

I too have never been successful in trying "just one" if I really like it, so tend to try and avoid most of the time. And as much as I love Lindt Swiss milk chocolate, I have never gotten into the dark chocolate, especially the high % bars, and really don't enjoy them. :eek:

We did too! And yes, Pecan Delights are like Turtles.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has been my dad's favorite for years. Now my mom buys the Hershey's Nuggets with almonds (we like with toffee pieces best) for him and lets him have as many as he wants since he's on hospice care. BTW, I think joke is on hospice because after 3 months in bed he is up using a walker, and first stop is always the Nugget jar.

My mother has a stash of Hershey's Nuggets with almonds and toffee in her room. Strange, I know, but I find that the nuggets and various other sizes just don't taste the same as the regular sized Hershey's Almond Bar! Guess it's just what I had first and have had more of. Mother's stash is safe from me as a result though. :)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aldi has great chocolate. Haven't really had anything bad from there yet, except I did return their 85% cocoa, I learned I really can't go above 70%.

I love Aldi's and Trader Joe's cookies. Aldi's has one cookie that is very close to Girl Scout thin mints.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My mother has a stash of Hershey's Nuggets with almonds and toffee in her room. Strange, I know, but I find that the nuggets and various other sizes just don't taste the same as the regular sized Hershey's Almond Bar! Guess it's just what I had first and have had more of. Mother's stash is safe from me as a result though. :)
The nuggets are definitely a more premium milk chocolate.