• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Resell

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
There’s a changeover process to activate the membership
In your email you should have received a BBS Codeword. That must be entered on the marketplace side under your profile. Let me know if you can't figure it out.

BBS Codeword: ___________

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I’m just thinking if the yearly fee (maint/reserve/due) is approximately $1000 and I amortize the buy in (including the transaction cost) of $4000 by 10 years, it means we get get 14 nights of stays in quality studio (usually go for 2,200pts per week?) for $100 a night, which is not bad at all.

This forum had been very helpful! Thanks so much!

Not sure anyone else mentioned this, but studios in HGVC are generally limited to 2 people. I can say the Hyatt and the Marriott studios we book into (using Hyatt points) have a sleeper sofa and a occupancy limit of 4 - but HGVC clearly wants you to have to book a 1br if you have kids.

Also, you can book a minimum of 3 nights and weeknights are half as many points - the 3br in Orlando we book with HGVC is generally Mo-Th nights. So depending on what works for you your points can go further.

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm just reviewing the contract for resale and in the disclosure it says: "There is no mandatory exchange program included in this timeshare plan".
(Note: I'm getting HGVC Elara)

Isn't RCI the "mandatory exchange program" and the cost had already been included in the club dues/MFs?

Thanks!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hi all, I'm just reviewing the contract for resale and in the disclosure it says: "There is no mandatory exchange program included in this timeshare plan".
(Note: I'm getting HGVC Elara)

Isn't RCI the "mandatory exchange program" and the cost had already been included in the club dues/MFs?

Thanks!

I’m sure you have checked into it, but there are some Elara units that are former Westgate intervals. They have no points and, as of right now, will never have any. Please make sure you are buying an HGVC unit and not one of the Westgate ones.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
How many points are you getting, and for what season + size?
That should tell you/us if its a true HGVC unit or a Westgate unit.
If it is a HGVC unit, that disclosure is flat-out wrong.

As dayooper says: HGVC Elara, in its former incarnation, was a Westgate resort. HGVC took over management and started selling HGVC units. But existing Westgate owners were not (and will not) be given an option to join "the club." IOW, they were orphaned and left to fend for themselves. And now, they're selling their TS as "HGVC Elara." You'd better be darn sure you're getting a HGVC unit, not a Westgate unit.

Last edited:

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
I was the one that reported no ROFR at ELARA. This was related to us by David Patchnanian (sp?) and he was 100% right! We made an offer of $700 on a 1 BR GRAND unit 5000 points and they countered at $1000. We are working with Duncan title right now to finalize all the paperwork.

Within 14 days we got word back that they waived ROFR. ELARA would be the place to buy right now with the low maintenance fees and no ROFR.

I’m brand new at this but have spent hours on Tug (thank you!!!) and other online resources to get the info I needed. Message me if there is anything I can help with and I’ll do my best!

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Here’s a snapshot of page 2 of our estoppel.

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

I asked about it and the agent (Dana, assistant with Judi) confirm again and again that I’m getting the points program.

It says in the contract that I’m getting 4800 pts, which match the point schedule for 1br Plat for Elara.

So I guess it should be fine?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks all.
I asked about it and the agent (Dana, assistant with Judi) confirm again and again that I’m getting the points program.
It says in the contract that I’m getting 4800 pts, which match the point schedule for 1br Plat for Elara.
So I guess it should be fine?

Did you ask her why the disclosure is wrong?
Sometimes, statements made for one sale are left in for another by mistake.

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you ask her why the disclosure is wrong?
Sometimes, statements made for one sale are left in for another by mistake.

This’s the answer she gave me:

It means that you do not have to belong to an exchange company However your HGVC Club dues covers the RCI fee but it is not mandatory that you use the RCI program

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
This’s the answer she gave me:
... [Y]ou do not have to belong to an exchange company. However, your HGVC Club dues covers the RCI fee but it is not mandatory that you use the RCI program.

It's deceptive becuz it suggests you're getting a stand-alone TS, when...
(1) HGVC is itself one huge exchange program, and (b) you can't choose not to pay the RCI dues.
Then again, you know the system you're buying into, so...

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, so you are the one who bought that 4800pt Elara for $2k? Dana just told me today it was sold. I put an offer in on Fri, and tried to get the seller to cover some closing costs and they shut it down. Missed out by trying to save a couple more bucks lol Just today I was emailing her to see about just buying it for ask and paying all closing costs and it was gone!

Congrats and enjoy the HGVC system!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

It looks like you just signed the contract to purchase. I was getting a little confused in this thread when estoppel was mentioned. If I understand where you are in the purchase phase, that is still to come. This document will be ordered from HGVC by the closing company. This thread has a sample estoppel - here. As you can see, the current and following years points are clearly indicated along with other important information. Ensure that your estoppel agrees with what you are purchasing.

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like you just signed the contract to purchase. I was getting a little confused in this thread when estoppel was mentioned. If I understand where you are in the purchase phase, that is still to come. This document will be ordered from HGVC by the closing company. This thread has a sample estoppel - here. As you can see, the current and following years points are clearly indicated along with other important information. Ensure that your estoppel agrees with what you are purchasing.

Thanks! This's very helpful.

I guess as long as the estoppel stated that I'm getting the points as stated in the contract, then it should all be fine.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do the former Westgate Elara estoppels come from HGVC or from another entity? Would they look like those above with no points attached or would the look different, like from a different company?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the former Westgate Elara estoppels come from HGVC or from another entity? Would they look like those above with no points attached or would the look different, like from a different company?

Sample of Westgate Elara estoppel. Note how they refer to them as Planet Hollywood units and that the HGVC Club Dues are also paid by Westgate unit owners.

PHW Estoppel.JPG

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Is that a New Years fixed week?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I find it a bit deceptive...
Except for "Planet Hollywood" and "90" point value, one could easily be fooled.
It should shout "Not a part of the HGV Club," but they don't want to bother.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @Seagila. That is really deceptive. They even have the wording for the points balance, just have the unit 90 there. Its’s even call it a 2 bedroom Grand like the HGVC units are.

On a side note, does anybody know why the Westgate owners were never given the option of converting their units to HGVC?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a New Years fixed week?

Yes it is. The unit was also a pretty good one that faced the strip. I briefly considered buying it, but decided against it in the end.

I find it a bit deceptive...
Except for "Planet Hollywood" and "90" point value, one could easily be fooled.
It should shout "Not a part of the HGV Club," but they don't want to bother.

If a buyer knows how many HGVC points the week they're buying is worth, this estoppel should raise flags and alert the buyer it's not an HGVC unit.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If a buyer knows how many HGVC points the week they're buying is worth, this estoppel should raise flags and alert the buyer it's not an HGVC unit.

Yes, I would agree that it looks deceptive also especially to someone not familiar with this property. In fact, I wouldn't know anything about the potential issue but for all of our wonderful fellow HGVC Tuggers. I also think that sometimes we don't question why a deal seems "too good to be true".

frankyip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sample of Westgate Elara estoppel. Note how they refer to them as Planet Hollywood units and that the HGVC Club Dues are also paid by Westgate unit owners.

View attachment 9319
Thanks so much for this.

I'm not paying if my estoppel doesnt say 4800 annually and stating it's a fixed week.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
I apologize, I didn’t realize the images hadn’t uploaded. I’m having some difficulty trying to get the images to upload. I will try again when I get back home from work.
IMG_2171.jpg