• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC website: Sorry, an error has occurred.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I was able to move two reservations yesterday and today, but I haven't been able to cancel a reservation. Cancelling isn't as important, so that can wait until HGVC CS opens.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to move two reservations yesterday and today, but I haven't been able to cancel a reservation. Cancelling isn't as important, so that can wait until HGVC CS opens.

Making has been working for me all along. Cancelling is what I need, though, so this still dead for me. Certainly less of a big deal than other facets of the site, but still annoying.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I tried to walk my reservation one day last night (I had been successful the previous 3 nights!), but I got the generic "an error has occurred" message. However, I was able to make a new reservation for the shifted 3 nights, so I was good. The site still has major issues, but I have been able to at least do a few things the last few days.

Kurt

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
I tried to walk my reservation one day last night (I had been successful the previous 3 nights!), but I got the generic "an error has occurred" message. However, I was able to make a new reservation for the shifted 3 nights, so I was good. The site still has major issues, but I have been able to at least do a few things the last few days.

Kurt
Did you have to pay an extra additional booking fee for the new reservation?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on FB, I've not done it yet, but:
They said with the new website, when you want to change your reservation, but to a different location, that you can no longer select the resort, but rather the date, so you have to scroll through the big long list?

I just verified.

Was it always that way? I seem to remember that it worked differently last year.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Was it always that way? I seem to remember that it worked differently last year.

I also checked and couldn't figure out how to select a specific resort either. There is a filter option available but that didn't allow me (or I couldn't figure it out) to select a resort. I know that previously I have moved a reservation to one of the Orlando resorts (I don't remember selecting it from the big list).

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I also checked and couldn't figure out how to select a specific resort either. There is a filter option available but that didn't allow me (or I couldn't figure it out) to select a resort. I know that previously I have moved a reservation to one of the Orlando resorts (I don't remember selecting it from the big list).

That looks like a new “enhancement”, it lists all resorts with no way to filter it. I recall the location box being there to filter previously.

In a way I like it because its helps you find something quicker if you are moving a reservation out a month or two. Just have to scroll through a list and shows everything available once you change dates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Just have to scroll through a list and shows everything available once you change dates.

CRTL+F and type in the name of the resort you want when you get that screen. I am still having problems 95% of the time that I try to change a reservation.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
CRTL+F and type in the name of the resort you want when you get that screen. I am still having problems 95% of the time that I try to change a reservation.

Doesn’t work on a iPad, but I do have a find in page option in the Chrome menu so that is a option. I kind of like just swiping up to scroll through all of the resort.

I’m still not having a problem, I had to move a check in for today out to Dec this past weekend. I just now changed it from a 2 br to a 1 br plus and was refunded a few 2020 points. I will probably end up canceling it this weekend for a full refund of points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Has anyone been able to log into the Web site in the past 24-hr? I haven't been able to and I have tried the normal stuff, reboot PC, cleared cache, tried different browsers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Has anyone been able to log into the Web site in the past 24-hr? I haven't been able to and I have tried the normal stuff, reboot PC, cleared cache, tried different browsers.
I logged in earlier today, but for the last couple of days I have not been able to do anything with a reservation (change, cancel or create new). I have had to call the last couple of days (I have been doing a bunch of transactions this last week).

Kurt

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I just logged in with no problem. Didn't try a transaction, but logged in fine.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I was’t able to log in yesterday or much of the day before.

OMC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
Can login but still get the error when trying to walk a reservation. I did manage to move it earlier this week but can't get it all the way to where I want it.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called a rep to walk my reservation this morning. She asked for specifics on problems on the website (she knew they were ongoing) and I passed on the general takeaways from this thread.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Site works but cannot change a reservation. Can find availability, and locate a reservation but when the button is hit to submit the change it gives an error msg.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I was able to login finally yesterday by using a different login option on the web site. So far I have been able to "walk a reservation" as long as the change didn't require more points. I was able to slide my reservations this morning by 1 day.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
I was just now able to use the app and switch resorts in Orlando for an upcoming business trip. Was successful.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Walking a reservation online worked today.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far I have been able to "walk a reservation" as long as the change didn't require more points.

That is an astute observation I had not previously picked up on, and it appears to be the case. Next time I have to call customer service to walk a reservation for me, I am going to add several days on the front end. That way I can drop two days on the front end each time I add a weekend day. Maybe that trick will work.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
That is an astute observation I had not previously picked up on, and it appears to be the case. Next time I have to call customer service to walk a reservation for me, I am going to add several days on the front end. That way I can drop two days on the front end each time I add a weekend day.

Let me know if it works. So far it has worked for me on the latest revision from HGVC IT. I know that it hasn't always been the case.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I can walk a reservation if points are refunded but get an error message to add points.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to login finally yesterday by using a different login option on the web site. So far I have been able to "walk a reservation" as long as the change didn't require more points. I was able to slide my reservations this morning by 1 day.

Thanks for sharing this. I was wondering why sometime changing a reservation works, and sometimes it doesn't. Instead of trying to just add on days now to my existing reservation, I finally called and ask to add many leading days to the reservation, so that I can add the new days and drop off the leading days by myself online every couple of days. I am trying to minimize the number of calls I need to make to CS. While I hate tying up leading days I don't need, for some reason, I just dread calling in.

Great3