TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

HGVC website: Sorry, an error has occurred.

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Great3, Aug 27, 2019.

1. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

I am going to do this next time I call in. Can reduce points but not add when changing res.

2. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    Except for this issue (which is fairly significant), the change feature is working better than last year. Then I couldn't figure out why it did or didn't work.

3. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
    This explains why, when I was walking a reservation last week, I was successful some days, and had to call in other days. Being in the business of creating and supporting high-volume web applications, I find it amazing how many ways HGVC's IT can continue to screw up their application! I'm thinking they do little to no user acceptance testing. Just crazy.

Kurt

4. 2disneydads

2disneydads TUG Member

I have tried twice tonight on two different browers to make a reservation with a guest's name. Both times, I get something like pop-up messages telling me that I have been blocked. I will call tomorrow, but it made me a little nervous, because it looks something like a hack (though it probably isn't). The messages direct me to contact HGVC. Very strange. And on both MS Edge and Firefox.

5. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    I am thinking the same thing.

6. brp

brp TUG Member

Sure they do. We're the users. We're doing the testing. We don't accept :)

What they appear not to do is much in the way of pre-release regression testing (really basic stuff). Then, realizing how munged this was, not sure why they didn't roll back to a stable check point and fix this offline. I asked them this yesterday. We'll see if they answer :)

Cheers.

lds337 and PigsDad like this.
  7. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Newport Coast Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY;
    HGVC at Flamingo
    New owner here and I got the error message when trying to walk a reservation. I need to call HGVC in the morning. Per their site they open at 8am ET. Is that correct? Thank you.

Best regards.

Mike

8. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    That is correct. Was the reservation change requiring more points?

9. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Newport Coast Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY;
    HGVC at Flamingo
    Thank you. Yes, need more points. The same issue as others have reported. I was hoping IT would have fixed it, but not yet.

Best regards.

Mike

10. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    I think they must've hired stoners fresh out of high-school
    to run their IT department, and they spend a good portion
    of their time partying. "Hey, dudes. Wassup?"

Kind'a like the crew working on my kitchen remodel.

lds337 likes this.
  11. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    Well, on the bright news, I haven't had any transactions mess up on my points. Now that would be a disaster.

12. brp

brp TUG Member

You clearly know little of stoners and software development. Had they hired high school stoners, this would:

a. Not have happened
    b. Been fixed even if it did

Here in Silicon Valley, some of the best code is written while on something. I no longer code, but did once :)

Cheers.

jehb2 likes this.
  13. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    When my wife used to code, she would listen to either speed or industrial metal music. The fast, driving beat of the music helped her brain code better.

She’s not a metal head at all. She likes alternative music, but much less aggressive than her coding music. Since she stopped coding, she hasn’t listened to that type of music since.

14. terces

terces TUG Member

I for one would like to keep these threads filled with helpful information instead of irrelevant thoughts and complaining. Moderator, can some of these posts be deleted?

15. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I've seen nothing here that violates TUG's rules. Going off-topic is just the nature of forums. No thought police here (thankfully!).

Kurt

lds337 likes this.
  16. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    One of the great things about TUG is the community aspect. The little side bar off topic conversations allow me to get to know my fellow tuggers better. Yes, many here are only online for the info, but if that’s all it was, than it would become a cold, sterile place where people might not stick around.

Maybe no one likes me here, and that would be fine, but I have grown to like many of the regulars. I wouldn’t have gotten to know their online personalities as well if their weren’t some off topic conversations.

Edited for correcting autocorrect

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    GT75, escanoe, lds337 and 1 other person like this.
  17. brp

brp TUG Member

Ok, sorry to throw real data in here, but I have to :)

Received email from HGVC:

Tried Cancel, and it worked!

Cheers.

PigsDad, GT75, escanoe and 1 other person like this.
  18. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    Progress is good. Just tried to modify a reservation in a way that added points. Still not working. I'm ready for them to bring in the fresh high school graduates and what ever performance enhancing substances they need.

19. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Little victories are good! I have done several transactions in the last few weeks: changing and cancelling several winter reservations, and creating / walking a couple of consecutive reservations for a long early June trip we are putting together. Today I made a new reservation without issue; three weeks ago I was not able to do that. The website has gradually been getting better and faster since the time when the major issues began, so it has been encouraging that they are at least working on it.

I'll have to say I have been impressed that when I have needed to call in, the phone lines have not had long waits at all.

Kurt

20. brp

brp TUG Member

That part has particularly surprised me. Given website issues, and the need to call, I'd have expected longer waits....but not the case.

Cheers.

escanoe and GT75 like this.
  21. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Now if they'd fix the Guest Certificate issue where it doesn't actually send the email (I think this is going on like what, 4-5 years or longer now). Every time I have to call in and have them resend the email.

22. Oscar923

Oscar923 TUG Member

I just tried changing an existing reservation by adding a day; it is still not working.

23. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

I have been adding one day for the past couple of nights and it has been working for me fine. I am just adding and not taking off any nights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

24. Great3

Great3 TUG Member

Wow, you serious. That stinks, as adding a day doesn't work at all for me. I still have to call in every 2-3 days. I still find it true if I modify to use less points, it works, but can't modify to need more points.

Great3

25. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

I added enough points to make a full week so there are no fluctuations in value as I walk the reservation. No issues so far. When I get to our desired dates, will drop the extra days. This may require a call but better than daily calls.

P.S. Another good point about HGVC is that customer service answers the phone promptly and the CSRs are knowledgable. Nothing worse than waiting on hold for 30+ minutes when you have a simple question that can't be addressed by the website.