• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV -- changing room before redeye

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Is there a room or facility at HHV that allows someone to change and take a shower prior to boarding a redeye? I know there is the option of making a reservation at the spa but just seeing if there was a different alternative. Thank you!

Best,

Greg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
At the grand waikikian there is a lounge where there are showers and gym size lockers. But i believe the lounge closes at 6 or so.

There is another lounge in grand islander but that would be a farther walk and i know from recent experience that one is open till 6pm. Only reason I know the grand islander times is you have to walk by it to goto the pool. Unfortunately hgvc does not have the lounge like mko and aulani that you can use pretty much all day.

I think the grand waikikian lounge close at 4pm on weekends. The islander stays open pool hours as that is the restroom for the pool deck.

So when are you coming back to oahu greg?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Frank, thank you for the information -- I'm trying to come back in November, and if I can put it together, I will send you a note! I hope you are well, and thanks again!

Best,

Greg

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Is there a room or facility at HHV that allows someone to change and take a shower prior to boarding a redeye? I know there is the option of making a reservation at the spa but just seeing if there was a different alternative. Thank you!

Best,

Greg

All,

Best,

Greg

Greg, you're always welcome to use the facilities at my house. We're just 10 mins up the road.

Steve

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Before the Grand Waikikian was built, we just got into the habit of booking an extra night stay for our late night flights back to the east coast. We simply like having access to our room.

So if we have a Friday 8pm flight to the Eastern coast we arrange for a Saturday checkout. It allows us to make the most of the day before our long overnight flight to the east coast. It's also less of a hassle since we have valuables such as our laptop, ipad, cameras, etc

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We are doing great and hanging out at mko. Drop me a note when you make it to oahu. We will be back to oahu on nov 12 from our fall trip. Pretty funny that you travel here and we travel to your neighborhood of southern cal for vacation.

Guess you will be at hhv in nov? Might want to tour the grand islander. I was against staying there but now rank it as my top choice for hhv with lagoon second. If you want to be close to the ocean, lagoon cannot be beat. For us its not the view but we love the amenities and location of islander better. Although the point cost is about 30% higher than lagoon.

Now that parking has gone up at hhv i would rather pay $180 for a month parking right next door at koa parking garage. if you are staying at islander it is a shorter walk to hale koa garage right across the street.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Frank, it looks like I will miss you as I am Nov 5-10, sorry that our paths won't cross :( I look forward to seeing Steve though!

I'm staying on Open Season as this is a last minute trip. The only space I could find that covered that dates was in Grand Waikikian 2BR Plus for $1,000. They had Grand Islander 2BR Premier Luxury Whatever, but it was $2,250, and I couldn't justify the extra $1,200 even though I'm sure the view would be spectacular.

I expect to like the GW room, but be underwhelmed by the view. We will see! I will hope to see you next time in Oahu!

Best,

Greg

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Be sure to tell them when you check out and they'll give you the information. Or you can ask when you check in. Before the lounge existed in the Grand Waikikian we made reservations at HHV main hotel desk to use a courtesy room. Although we stayed at the Lagoon Tower we were still allowed to use the courtesy room for free. But you had to reserve a time when you checked out.

The courtesy room never closes as it is an actual hotel room. I believe they allotted 20 per person. So if there are two of you you'll get the room for 40 minuted.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes. Be sure to tell them when you check out and they'll give you the information. Or you can ask when you check in. Before the lounge existed in the Grand Waikikian we made reservations at HHV main hotel desk to use a courtesy room. Although we stayed at the Lagoon Tower we were still allowed to use the courtesy room for free. But you had to reserve a time when you checked out.

The courtesy room never closes as it is an actual hotel room. I believe they allotted 20 per person. So if there are two of you you'll get the room for 40 minuted.
Yeah we used the hotel hospitality room a couple of times back then as well.
It can't hurt to ask. In 2013, a TUG member reported that they were still able to request a hotel hospitality room - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/hhv-late-departure-refresh-room.194445/

The following is from http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/about-the-resort
Check-Out Options
Hospitality Rooms for freshening up prior to departing are available. Please call ext. 69007, one day prior to your departure.
Luggage storage is available for departing guests by calling ext. 41 or by visiting the Luggage Center on the ground level of the Diamond Head Tower. Also available is the Bell Desk in the Main Lobby or the Kalia Tower Lobby. Overnight luggage storage is not available.
Enjoy the facilities of the Luana Lounge at the Mandara Spa for just $24 per person (must be 16 years or older). Relax in the whirlpool, enjoy a last minute workout at the Mandara Spa Fitness Center or use the lockers and showers to freshen up. For more information call ext. 74370.
At check-in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. If you choose to depart earlier than your original check-out date an early departure fee may apply.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Wish I'd known of this. When we were at Kingsland last year, I used some Honors points to get a day room at the Waikoloa resort. It wasn't very many points, and I just reserved the cheapest room (points-wise) I could find, but they gave us this enormous suite. Instead of using the pool and resort facilities, we mostly just hung out in the room, napped and watched TV.