• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV 1M Point Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Collecting quotes on "renting" 1M in HICV reservations - terms would be paid up front (e.g. $5500 @ $5.50/1K), no expiration (available until used up), $263 per reservation guest fee and booking fee (if you don't regularly use your guest fees, that's $3000 in profit for 15 reservations).

If you don't want your quote public, please PM me.

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Poster tried the same thing in the Wyndham forum.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
MOD-Are we in the selling/renting points business now????

Actually, trying to value them. I posted in the marketplace, but hypothetical transactions don't get much of a response.

-Scott

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Collecting quotes on "renting" 1M in HICV reservations - terms would be paid up front (e.g. $5500 @ $5.50/1K), no expiration (available until used up), $263 per reservation guest fee and booking fee (if you don't regularly use your guest fees, that's $3000 in profit for 15 reservations).

If you don't want your quote public, please PM me.

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group
What are you looking for? To rent points from other owners or are you renting your points?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? To rent points from other owners or are you renting your points?
Trying to determine what the going rate for renting large quantities of points is. At any given time, I personally could be on either end of such a deal.

-Scott

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham has been around a lot longer and has a more thriving points resale market. There are more 1.5 million plus owners and even a bunch of 10-20 million points owners many of whom have at least a million in developer points to reach platinum. The million+ HICV points owners are probably relatively new owners of that large of an account and bought because they want to use that many points not because they are looking to rent out that large of an excess beyond their needs.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Trying to determine what the going rate for renting large quantities of points is. At any given time, I personally could be on either end of such a deal.

-Scott
I would say a penny a point 1,000,000 Points = $10,000

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say making them sealed bids is not academic valuation. Just put this where it belongs in the rental forum. As you said in your post above: “ I could personally be on either side of the DEAL”. There is no deal here nor should there be.

Status
Not open for further replies.