• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HICV platinum level membership

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
So what's the deal with the platinum membership levels for HICV? Has anyone been to an owner update and learned how you get this. Im not talking about the standard VIP levels but the new VIP/Platinum levels. Is it a signature collection purchase or a trust deed purchase that qualifies you for this? Going to Cape Canaveral in a couple weeks so maybe ill actually sit through the presentation to do some research.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Any purchase after May of last year qualifies for the platinum levels. Some bought before they completely changed over to the trust,so they bought regular deeded points and qualified. I believe at this point HICV is only selling trust points so if you want to qualify you have to buy and you can only buy what they will sell you. The minimum purchase that I have heard that they will sell is 30,000 trust points.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
The biggest negative I've heard about platinum levels is that you can no longer rent points from HICV like you can being non platinum. They do throw in a lot of extra free nights and such but as long as non-platinum keeps the ability to rent points I wont change.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
The biggest negative I've heard about platinum levels is that you can no longer rent points from HICV like you can being non platinum. They do throw in a lot of extra free nights and such but as long as non-platinum keeps the ability to rent points I wont change.
I have not heard of this, but HICV charges $10 per 1,000 to rent. The going rent rate at the HICV facebook group is from $6-$7 per 1,000 points, based on what I have seen there. So you could save by having other members book for you, and help them with their MF.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have not heard of this, but HICV charges $10 per 1,000 to rent. The going rent rate at the HICV facebook group is from $6-$7 per 1,000 points, based on what I have seen there. So you could save by having other members book for you, and help them with their MF.
Prestige members can rent up to 90% of the points they own at a 30% discount-so $7 per 1,000 points.
Elite members can rent up to 100% of the points they own at 50% discount- so $5 per 1,000 points.
and with the points you rent into your own account benefits like upgrades and point discounts would apply.
When you become platinum you lose the discounted rental benefit.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Prestige members can rent up to 90% of the points they own at a 30% discount-so $7 per 1,000 points.
Elite members can rent up to 100% of the points they own at 50% discount- so $5 per 1,000 points.
and with the points you rent into your own account benefits like upgrades and point discounts would apply.
Wow, so they basically came up with these new "Platinum memberships" tier to replace what you have? The PDF I linked above did not have the rental discount, and I just came across this other PDF that does. Now I understand why you would not upgrade.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
From what I hear yes but I dont know for sure.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I’m not sure I totally understand this thread?
We are Signature elite platinum and are in a trust. Still learning how to use all this
But. Reading a little on the level we are at. It appears elite platinum can rent up to 100% of their points at a 50% discount

Again. What I just said might not have anything to do with this thread

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I’m not sure I totally understand this thread?
We are Signature elite platinum and are in a trust. Still learning how to use all this
But. Reading a little on the level we are at. It appears elite platinum can rent up to 100% of their points at a 50% discount

Again. What I just said might not have anything to do with this thread

From my understanding, once you move to Platinum Elite you lose the ability to rent 100% more of your points at a 50% discount. That discount shows on the Regular Elite chart but does not appear on the Platinum Elite Chart. Maybe you can ask HICV if that's true?

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
From my understanding, once you move to Platinum Elite you lose the ability to rent 100% more of your points at a 50% discount. That discount shows on the Regular Elite chart but does not appear on the Platinum Elite Chart. Maybe you can ask HICV if that's true?

Is this the chart you are referring too? Or is there something else?
Hopefully it’s clear. Looks fuzzy to me

F0495C66-A9BD-4BBB-AD46-EF90C5796FBA.png

We are going to OL this weekend so I will ask also at that time

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Is this the chart you are referring too? Or is there something else?
Hopefully it’s clear. Looks fuzzy to me

View attachment 11972

We are going to OL this weekend so I will ask also at that time
yes that's the chart that no longer shows the ability to purchase points at a discount.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
yes that's the chart that no longer shows the ability to purchase points at a discount.

We just did our update on Sunday
We can still get 50% of our points which in our case is 500k since we own 1mil and I think he said at 10 cents?? Now can’t remember

We really don’t foresee and need to rent any points anyhow

They did try however to take one of our units back on trade. As we bought that $12k one at twenty some cents per point and sell us a different one at 17 cents.
17 is less than 20 something right and I would have received 100,000 more points. All for just $28k plus higher maintenance
What??
He couldn’t believe we said no

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
We just did our update on Sunday
We can still get 50% of our points which in our case is 500k since we own 1mil and I think he said at 10 cents?? Now can’t remember

We really don’t foresee and need to rent any points anyhow

They did try however to take one of our units back on trade. As we bought that $12k one at twenty some cents per point and sell us a different one at 17 cents.
17 is less than 20 something right and I would have received 100,000 more points. All for just $28k plus higher maintenance
What??
He couldn’t believe we said no
I think the new levels everyone can rent up to 50% of their points at a Penny a Point. The old elite was 100% at half a penny a point. Im currently Elite but no where close to being able to use all my points in a year. I find being able to rent more points at a half a penny a point is a great advantage when renting.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
I think the new levels everyone can rent up to 50% of their points at a Penny a Point. The old elite was 100% at half a penny a point. Im currently Elite but no where close to being able to use all my points in a year. I find being able to rent more points at a half a penny a point is a great advantage when renting.

That sounds about right

I really wasn’t paying too much attention since I doubt there’ll ever be a time I need to rent on top of what I can save or borrow from what I already have

Shap

Reaction score
I just bought into Signature and became Premier Platinum in May 2019, now with 521k points with 3 contracts, 2 resale and 1 Signature (300k + 176k + 45k). I did convert my account from resale to "corporate points" so I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but when I do the math I can rent up to 79% of my points at $10.00 per 1,000 points (see secreenshot from my member page). I don't forsee ever renting points at that rate since I will probably use my current year points or borrow ahead a year if necessary, but it looks like I can borrow that many if I want to. If I could borrow at half the cost, then it would be a good deal since I pay more $/MF on my current contracts than $5.00 per 1,000 points. I guess if I ran out of points and could not rent through IHG...or the IHG equivalent units are expensive, then maybe it would be a good deal to rent points at $10/1k pts.

Attachments

• Rent Points Example.JPG
    Rent Points Example.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 30