• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton activation fee

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
When buying a Hilton affiliated resort on the resale market, fixed week, does one have to pay the $609. activation fee or is that only if you want to be able to use points?

Thanks
Mike

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If you want to enroll in HGVC you’ll have to pay the one time fee and the annual club fee. You might be able to delay those fees if you plan on using only your fixed week for a year or two but check with the resort to make sure you would be able to enroll after point of sale.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When you voluntarily to add an affiliated-TS to HGVC
at your option, the activation fee is either $377 or 399.
If the ownership change is done by the resort itself,
then HGVC's change fee ($409) does not apply.

2019 HGVC ENROLLMENT FEES
Purchased [from] HRC or its Affiliates.... $377
Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval)..... $399
Ownership Change Fee........................ $409

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
When buying a Hilton affiliated resort on the resale market, fixed week, does one have to pay the $609. activation fee or is that only if you want to be able to use points?

Thanks
Mike
Right now it is $377 to enroll an affiliate in hgvc. It is voluntary. For the affiliates I purchased there were no activation fees. You can choose not to enroll.

Being I had other weeks and was already paying the yearly membership fee, I enrolled my affiliate weeks, to be grandfathered into the program and not have to worry if a large future increase occurs for affiliate enrollment.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Right now it is $377 to enroll an affiliate in hgvc. It is voluntary. For the affiliates I purchased there were no activation fees. You can choose not to enroll.
Can you describe or explain the difference between "enroll" and "activate?"

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Can you describe or explain the difference between "enroll" and "activate?"
I used the wrong terminology.

For some affiliates there is no ownership change fee. Each affiliate decides if and what to charge for the ownership change fee. It can be less or more then what hgvc charges for resales for mandatory resorts in hgvc.

When you buy an affiliate it is not mandatory to join/enroll in hgvc. If you do join hgvc charges you a one time fee of $377. For mandatory hgvc this fee is called an activation fee. If this is the only one you own, you will pay each year the membership fee but being its an affiliate you can stop at any time.

All resale mandatory hgvc weeks will pay an ownership change fee and an activation fee to enroll the week in hgvc. You must pay both, no exceptions I know.

B2524EFA-754F-41D8-84AB-050AA5E903CB.jpeg

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
With a mandatory resort, there is a fee of around $600 (still waiting to see what the new fee is) that HGVC will bill you once the unit is transferred. I’m not sure if affiliates have to pay those as well.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
With a mandatory resort, there is a fee of around $600...

You'll pay both the activation fee + ownership change fee.
Today, it's well North of $600... closer to $800 rounding up.

Affiliates set their own ownership change fee, which may be -0-.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
The $609 is the account creation fee I believe. Then depending on if you want your unit converted to points, enrollment or "transfer" fee of $399. Then you have club dues, which will be the only re-occurring fee going forward for a points account.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
The $609 is the account creation fee I believe. Then depending on if you want your unit converted to points, enrollment or "transfer" fee of $399. Then you have club dues, which will be the only re-occurring fee going forward for a points account.
Does it matter if you're already the owner of a HGVC unit and you're buying another? For instance, I have a week (8400 pts oceanview) at Lagoon Tower. Considering buying a second week (9600 pts oceanfront). Will I be charged all the same fees I was charged when I purchased the first week?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Does it matter if you're already the owner of a HGVC unit and you're buying another?

Activation + owner change fees are "per unit." Other units matter not.
Only Club Dues are one per member, regardless of # of units owned.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Activation + owner change fees are "per unit." Other units matter not.
Only Club Dues are one per member, regardless of # of units owned.
Thanks. Makes sense.

jasperdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you voluntarily to add an affiliated-TS to HGVC
at your option, the activation fee is either $377 or 399.
If the ownership change is done by the resort itself,
then HGVC's change fee ($409) does not apply.

2019 HGVC ENROLLMENT FEES
Purchased [from] HRC or its Affiliates.... $377
Activation Fee Voluntary (1 Interval)..... $399
Ownership Change Fee........................ $409
I'm trying to sell my annual 1BR week at Parc Soleil. What fees in addition to my sale price will a non-HGVC member have to pay? The Activation Fee AND the Ownership Change Fee? I understand that they will also have to pay an annual HGVC membership fee, but isn't that delayed until the Maintenance Fee and taxes are due on 1/1? Can the new buyer use any 2021 points I have left over? As soon as the transfer is complete? When will those points expire for the new owner? When do they get the annual point allotment, right away or 1/1?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I'm trying to sell my annual 1BR week at Parc Soleil. What fees in addition to my sale price will a non-HGVC member have to pay? The Activation Fee AND the Ownership Change Fee? I understand that they will also have to pay an annual HGVC membership fee, but isn't that delayed until the Maintenance Fee and taxes are due on 1/1? Can the new buyer use any 2021 points I have left over? As soon as the transfer is complete? When will those points expire for the new owner? When do they get the annual point allotment, right away or 1/1?

I just bought a resale deed (closed in July). Here are the fees I paid/will have to pay:

Due at closing (or during the process)

HGVC Transfer Fee: $429
Deed transfer and prep: cost varies, but I paid $300 through LT Transfers (includes deed prep, estoppel fees, county recording fees)
Escrow: $100 through LT Transfers

Due when deed is in account

Enrollment Fee: $617

Existing members won‘t have to pay club dues as they already have paid the, with the previous years MF’s. Any new HGVC member needs to pay the club dues ($186). It will be billed when the account is made and the enrollment fee is put into their account. I got luck back in 2018 when I bought my first deed as I was billed my 2019 dues and never had to pay the 2018 dues.

The total is about $1500. If they want title insurance or go with a more expensive transfer company, it will cost more.

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought a resale deed (closed in July). Here are the fees I paid/will have to pay:

Due at closing (or during the process)

HGVC Transfer Fee: $429
Deed transfer and prep: cost varies, but I paid $300 through LT Transfers (includes deed prep, estoppel fees, county recording fees)
Escrow: $100 through LT Transfers

Due when deed is in account

Enrollment Fee: $617

Existing members won‘t have to pay club dues as they already have paid the, with the previous years MF’s. Any new HGVC member needs to pay the club dues ($186). It will be billed when the account is made and the enrollment fee is put into their account. I got luck back in 2018 when I bought my first deed as I was billed my 2019 dues and never had to pay the 2018 dues.

The total is about $1500. If they want title insurance or go with a more expensive transfer company, it will cost more.
When does the enrollment fee get billed? We closed last month on a resale contract and I have already booked a reservation. If they don't bill my enrollment fee before my travel dates, will my reservation get cancelled?

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When does the enrollment fee get billed? We closed last month on a resale contract and I have already booked a reservation. If they don't bill my enrollment fee before my travel dates, will my reservation get cancelled?

Doubt it. But I suggest you do these two things:
(1) On the members website, go to Ownership > HOA > View Your HOA Information.
(2) Call C/S to check on your account and that your email+mailing addresses are correct.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

I closed on two contracts mid January this year. The activation/enrollment fee was billed about 30 days later. I processed the payment using a credit card on the HGVC website. I don't recall getting a notification that they were billed and believe I saw the amounts due posted and just paid them.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I closed on two contracts mid January this year. The activation/enrollment fee was billed about 30 days later. I processed the payment using a credit card on the HGVC website. I don't recall getting a notification that they were billed and believe I saw the amounts due posted and just paid them.
Similar also as I recall.

Gwendyc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doubt it. But I suggest you do these two things:
(1) On the members website, go to Ownership > HOA > View Your HOA Information.
(2) Call C/S to check on your account and that your email+mailing addresses are correct.

I check online almost everyday because I'd rather pay it online. I called right when we first closed. It hasn't been 30 days yet so I guess they will bill it soon.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I check online almost everyday because I'd rather pay it online. I called right when we first closed. It hasn't been 30 days yet so I guess they will bill it soon.
Don’t worry, they won’t forget. It will show up eventually.