• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HKB Is A Winner!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just wanted to post a quick note to let all of you HKB owners know that I now understand why HKB is the highest-rated resort on the TUG Reviews list. We were able to land an internal exchange there last week using our HPP week, and we loved it!
Hyatt-Kaanapali-Beach-P072-Waterfall-Pool.16x9.adapt.1920.1080.jpg

Here are some of the highlights we loved about your resort:

• A Great Location. HKB is sandwiched between the venerable and beautiful Hyatt hotel to the south and the Maui Marriott to the north, right on Ka'anapali Beach. If you love the ocean, it's right there for you. And if you enjoy the Ka'anapali beach walk, it's right there. And you also have all of the shops and restaurants at Whaler's Village, also within walking distance.
  • Beautiful Grounds. The layout is spectacular, the gardens are pristinely done, and the pools and waterfalls are breathtaking.
  • Aloha Hospitality. Everyone at the resort is friendly and helpful and welcoming. From the valets to the front desk folks to those who work in the shops and restaurant, we could not have been more impressed.
  • Room To Breathe. Even though the resort appeared to be operating near full capacity, we never felt crowded, never had to fight for beach chairs, never had to push back a dinner reservation by two hours. That in itself is a really nice feature of this resort. We've stayed at the more-famous Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas just down the road. It's a larger resort, but it can be a zoo over there. Too many people crawling on top of each other. Not so at HKB.
  • A Nice Gym Facility. We used the gym five days during our stay. The machines are modern, clean, and well-maintained.
  • Beautiful Rooms, Fully Furnished. Full kitchen, in-room laundry facilities, a large bathroom, and--best of all--the huge lanai for taking in the great views and extending the living area to the outdoors.
All in all, it's a home run. A very nice addition to the Hyatt collection of beautiful timeshare resorts.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just wanted to post a quick note to let all of you HKB owners know that I now understand why HKB is the highest-rated resort on the TUG Reviews list. We were able to land an internal exchange there last week using our HPP week, and we loved it!
Hyatt-Kaanapali-Beach-P072-Waterfall-Pool.16x9.adapt.1920.1080.jpg

Here are some of the highlights we loved about your resort:

• A Great Location. HKB is sandwiched between the venerable and beautiful Hyatt hotel to the south and the Maui Marriott to the north, right on Ka'anapali Beach. If you love the ocean, it's right there for you. And if you enjoy the Ka'anapali beach walk, it's right there. And you also have all of the shops and restaurants at Whaler's Village, also within walking distance.
  • Beautiful Grounds. The layout is spectacular, the gardens are pristinely done, and the pools and waterfalls are breathtaking.
  • Aloha Hospitality. Everyone at the resort is friendly and helpful and welcoming. From the valets to the front desk folks to those who work in the shops and restaurant, we could not have been more impressed.
  • Room To Breathe. Even though the resort appeared to be operating near full capacity, we never felt crowded, never had to fight for beach chairs, never had to push back a dinner reservation by two hours. That in itself is a really nice feature of this resort. We've stayed at the more-famous Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas just down the road. It's a larger resort, but it can be a zoo over there. Too many people crawling on top of each other. Not so at HKB.
  • A Nice Gym Facility. We used the gym five days during our stay. The machines are modern, clean, and well-maintained.
  • Beautiful Rooms, Fully Furnished. Full kitchen, in-room laundry facilities, a large bathroom, and--best of all--the huge lanai for taking in the great views and extending the living area to the outdoors.
All in all, it's a home run. A very nice addition to the Hyatt collection of beautiful timeshare resorts.

Did you exchange into a 1 or 2 bedroom unit? It looks so beautiful, I would one day like to stay here.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you exchange into a 1 or 2 bedroom unit? It looks so beautiful, I would one day like to stay here.
We exchanged into a 1BR unit. And because we're not owners there, we got a mountain view unit. But even that was a nice surprise. Unlike other resorts where "mountain view" can often mean you're overlooking a parking lot, we did indeed have lovely views of the West Maui Mountains and some beautiful rainbows over several days of our visit.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
We exchanged into a 1BR unit. And because we're not owners there, we got a mountain view unit. But even that was a nice surprise. Unlike other resorts where "mountain view" can often mean you're overlooking a parking lot, we did indeed have lovely views of the West Maui Mountains and some beautiful rainbows over several days of our visit.
I didn't realize there were non-ocean view units, but that was just based on seeing the "back" and it looking like outdoor entries. We have a stay in a 2BR for June, so thanks for the heads-up to request an ocean view.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
All 2br and 3br are ocean view. 1br can be ocean view or island view

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that HKB was one of the resorts not participating in HPP. Has that changed? Are all others now participating also? Colorado, etc?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that HKB was one of the resorts not participating in HPP. Has that changed? Are all others now participating also? Colorado, etc?

HKB is not in HPP. I think the only property in Colorado in HPP is Aspen. I don't think they have added any properties to HPP since its inception. Between HPP failing and Marriott purchasing II, I doubt they have seriously looked at adding anything else to it.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
HKB is not in HPP

I have seen reservations available at HKB and MSS along with Aspen through the Portfolio Program. I have not seen Mountain Lodge, but then I seldom look. These typically seem to be 1,2 or 3 nights.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked because Walnut Baron said that he used his HPP week for the trade. I thought that maybe something had changed and I had missed the notice.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen reservations available at HKB and MSS along with Aspen through the Portfolio Program. I have not seen Mountain Lodge, but then I seldom look. These typically seem to be 1,2 or 3 nights.

That's interesting, neither HKB nor MSS are component properties in HPP. I wonder how there has been HPP availability there.

HPP Public Offering Statement (lists specific properties):
http://www.bywindkal.com/HVOPLAN3.pdf

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, neither HKB nor MSS are component properties in HPP. I wonder how there has been HPP availability there.

Can't say, maybe they are working with the associations? Or developer in HI? I have never actually booked any of these stays. I take the reservation forward until it asks for payment. Most are only 1 day, who wants that?

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe he meant Hyatt Pinion Pointe, not Hyatt Points Program.

Now I understand why Hyatt called the points program the "Multisite Vacation Ownership Program".

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't say, maybe they are working with the associations? Or developer in HI? I have never actually booked any of these stays. I take the reservation forward until it asks for payment. Most are only 1 day, who wants that?

Maybe. Maybe it is an HKB owner who traded their week in for an HPP week, then the HKB week becomes available through HPP?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I asked because Walnut Baron said that he used his HPP week for the trade. I thought that maybe something had changed and I had missed the notice.
Sorry for the confusion. By "HPP", I meant our Hyatt Pinon Pointe week--not Hyatt Pure Points. We do not own within the points system.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I stayed there on a promo and did the tour. We were on a lower floor 2 bedroom. Unit was awesome. We were in the middle of the building (the call it the knuckle). The balcony in those units is huge and I would recommend requesting a knuckle unit when you stay. I hope to go back some day. I don't own anything in Hyatt and don't really have an II trader that could pull it. I'll just have to use Benjamin Franklin exchange.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
We will be HKB in a week on a promo tour (5 nights 2 bedroom ocean view) and will update on the presentation and offers. We toured last year and were very impressed and we own OceanFront at WKORV-North. Would be interested in a week 52 if reasonable but know it will be out of our price range.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I know that owners at the Hyatt Ka’anapali Residence Club have use of the Grand Hyatt facilities next door. I was wondering if this is reciprocal, if the Grand Hyatt guests have use of the Residence Club facilities? Or are the amenities at the Residence Club less interesting, thus less appealing to Grand Hyatt guests?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I know that owners at the Hyatt Ka’anapali Residence Club have use of the Grand Hyatt facilities next door. I was wondering if this is reciprocal, if the Grand Hyatt guests have use of the Residence Club facilities? Or are the amenities at the Residence Club less interesting, thus less appealing to Grand Hyatt guests?

I doubt it would be reciprocal and the Residence Club has a nice pool but that's about it. Restaurant and bars are at the hotel.

trader14

Reaction score
we traded into westin kaanapali last month but toured the hyatt which is quite lovely. re the 1 bedrooms, i thought they said most of the 1 bedrooms were mountain views but not all. thought about buying there but i like the marriott and westin lockoff which allows us to extend our stay to 2 weeks. one thing i LOVED about the hyatt was the size of the balconies and the depth of the beach and how UNCROWDED the pool was...tons and tons of empty places to lay out

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
we traded into westin kaanapali last month but toured the hyatt which is quite lovely. re the 1 bedrooms, i thought they said most of the 1 bedrooms were mountain views but not all. thought about buying there but i like the marriott and westin lockoff which allows us to extend our stay to 2 weeks. one thing i LOVED about the hyatt was the size of the balconies and the depth of the beach and how UNCROWDED the pool was...tons and tons of empty places to lay out
There are 10 ocean view 1 bedrooms and 9 mountain views. It is my all time favorite !!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I doubt it would be reciprocal and the Residence Club has a nice pool but that's about it. Restaurant and bars are at the hotel.
It is reciprocal and we met many hotel guests in the pool and hot tub trying to get away from the crowds at the hotel pool.

taffy19

Reaction score
We are staying at the HKB right now and the pool doesn’t look too crowded because people may be sightseeing instead or spend time on the beach.

The weather is perfect the last two weeks and the Island looks so green. The locals say that they had a lot of storms this winter. Last year we had rain and high winds too.

We spend a lot of time on the Lanai and are seeing multiple pods of whales and yesterday they were very close to the empty barge that is very visible from here too.

There is a lonely Monk seal visiting the Maui beaches. She was spotted in front of the Hyatt and the Maui Ocean Club and on Napili Beach too.

To dagger1,

There is a new activity sheet every week that shows where all the activities are held. Some are here and some are at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and it shows you where and how to sign up for it. Our front desk can tell you too but class sizes are limited so you need to check it.

You may be a new owner soon and three weeks in Hawaii is better than one!

When we checked in, I still had the Marriott wristband on to enter our condo over there and the front desk asked me if they could rekey it for here and it works like a charm.

A Hyatt Sunset

upload_2019-4-3_0-56-45.jpeg

One of their activities in front of the HKB

upload_2019-4-3_1-0-22.jpeg

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We are staying at the HKB right now and the pool doesn’t look too crowded because people may be sightseeing instead or spend time on the beach.

The weather is perfect the last two weeks and the Island looks so green. The locals say that they had a lot of storms this winter. Last year we had rain and high winds too.

We spend a lot of time on the Lanai and are seeing multiple pods of whales and yesterday they were very close to the empty barge that is very visible from here too.

There is a lonely Monk seal visiting the Maui beaches. She was spotted in front of the Hyatt and the Maui Ocean Club and on Napili Beach too.

To dagger1,

There is a new activity sheet every week that shows where all the activities are held. Some are here and some are at the Hyatt Regency Hotel and it shows you where and how to sign up for it. Our front desk can tell you too but class sizes are limited so you need to check it.

You may be a new owner soon and three weeks in Hawaii is better than one!

When we checked in, I still had the Marriott wristband on to enter our condo over there and the front desk asked me if they could rekey it for here and it works like a charm.

A Hyatt Sunset

View attachment 11145

One of their activities in front of the HKB

View attachment 11146
We are certainly hoping to be new owners, Taffy19!! As I have said in another thread, we are still waiting on ROFR news. Today makes 15 “business” days (21 total days) sent electronic submission of ROFR docs, no word yet (Hyatt Ka’anapali only has a 15 day window per HRC website). Waiting!!!!

taffy19

Reaction score
We are certainly hoping to be new owners, Taffy19!! As I have said in another thread, we are still waiting on ROFR news. Today makes 15 “business” days (21 total days) sent electronic submission of ROFR docs, no word yet (Hyatt Ka’anapali only has a 15 day window per HRC website). Waiting!!!!
I read it and you should be OK if the required days have passed.

I saw a Yoga class this morning on the Napili Garden Lawn that is right in front of us. It starts at 7 AM.

upload_2019-4-3_8-8-14.jpeg