• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holding a [Vidanta] TS accountable for undelivered Presentation Incentives?

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
Not sure if this is the right/best forum on the TUG site for this topic,.....but;

I'm looking for any tips or advice on how to enforce a TS provider, in this case Vidanta, and hold them accountable for a written incentive offer that I still have the original slip in hand for, that they have NOT delivered the incentive to me.

Attended their sales presentation and 1 of the key components, and the one that got us (me & wife) to even agree to the presentation at all was a 1 week voucher for FREE/no cost to properties in Vegas, Orlando or Miami.
We intend to use this for Orlando as a component to build a Disney vaca for the kids around.

Vidanata is being extremely difficult and has not as of this posting come through with the activation code for the certificate I have in hand.

This is still an active and on going matter, but I'm wondering if there's any regulator agencies or similar I can file a formal complaint that will spur Vidanata to stop acting in Bad Faith, and produce the promised incentive?

The presentation took place on Friday 9/27 and today is 10/8 so I'm about done with their back n forth games and non-production.

TIA
WTChuck
edit:typo correction

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you REALLY mean that a Mexican TS outfit (or that someone representing one) promised you something to attend a presentation, then didn't produce? Well. Unless you have something in writing, there's nothing you can do. They lie. Sales weasels lie. And even if you do have written promises of a voucher, there will be so many hoops to jump through (extra charges, a requirement to attend another presentation, they get to pick the dates, etc.) that the value is dubious, and highly unlikely to mesh with your plans.

If you have a voucher, call Vidanta's customer care (someone here will probably have the number) and when you have the proof, they will make good on it. Sales will just blow you off.

Jim

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
Do you REALLY mean that a Mexican TS outfit (or that someone representing one) promised you something to attend a presentation, then didn't produce? Well. Unless you have something in writing, there's nothing you can do. They lie. Sales weasels lie. And even if you do have written promises of a voucher, there will be so many hoops to jump through (extra charges, a requirement to attend another presentation, they get to pick the dates, etc.) that the value is dubious, and highly unlikely to mesh with your plans.

If you have a voucher, call Vidanta's customer care (someone here will probably have the number) and when you have the proof, they will make good on it. Sales will just blow you off.

Jim

Oh yes, absoluately, I wrote above in my op that I have the offer in writing.

I have contacted Vidanta CS but they also are playing 'dumb' so far (via email) which included a scanned copy of the written offer, so I was looking for a next level leverage option.

WTChuck

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
*Moved to the Mexico forum.

Mexico is not under US jurisdiction, so you have no legal recourse here. Your best option is probably to complain about them on whistle blower websites and send them links to the complaints. They don't want the negative publicity.

Long term - don't go to any more timeshare presentations, especially in Mexico. There is no free lunch - you pay one way or another.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Just curious - where did you get this incentive in writing? I have never heard of them offering anything like that.

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
Just curious - where did you get this incentive in writing? I have never heard of them offering anything like that.
I have a numbered invitation slip where there's a box.
Above the box it is printer:
To Enjoy a guided tour and presentation of our exclusive Private Residences Club 90 min after breakfast. As our way to thank you, you will receive:

Within the box below the above text typed verbatim as it appears on my Invitation and the incentives they offered for my attendance.

I received the invite from a woman at the front of the resort as we sort of were 'gawking' checking it out (on the advice of family members who are joining they say)

Technically the sales director added 2 items, one of which was the voucher in question/at the heart of my issue because they 'moved' the presentation location from the resort on the morning we arrived for it, to a sales office 30 minutes away.
We were ready to walk out there and then, so he made the additional incentive offer.
I told him to put it in writing, and he did, so we went.

zendog500

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation Club NYC, Vidanta, Moon Palace
Not sure if this is the right/best forum on the TUG site for this topic,.....but;

I'm looking for any tips or advice on how to enforce a TS provider, in this case Vidanta, and hold them accountable for a written incentive offer that I still have the original slip in hand for, that they have NOT delivered the incentive to me.

Attended their sales presentation and 1 of the key components, and the one that got us (me & wife) to even agree to the presentation at all was a 1 week voucher for FREE/no cost to properties in Vegas, Orlando or Miami.
We intend to use this for Orlando as a component to build a Disney vaca for the kids around.

Vidanata is being extremely difficult and has not as of this posting come through with the activation code for the certificate I have in hand.

This is still an active and on going matter, but I'm wondering if there's any regulator agencies or similar I can file a formal complaint that will spur Vidanata to stop acting in Bad Faith, and produce the promised incentive?

The presentation took place on Friday 9/27 and today is 10/8 so I'm about done with their back n forth games and non-production.

TIA
WTChuck
edit:typo correction
I see in my Vidanta contract that "all disputes may be resorted to the Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency." Tell them you are taking the matter there for resolution. A buff maybe but it may ring a bell for them to take action. Here is the full name to cut and paste: Procuraduria Federal del Consumidor Authorization, No. 8059-2018 FilePFC.B.E 7/005767-2018
I Googled it...Here is a link to that , looks like you can write up a complaint letter and email it to them. See this link: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montre...s/services-foreigners/318-consumer-protection

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
I see in my Vidanta contract that "all disputes may be resorted to the Mexico's Consumer Protection Agency." Tell them you are taking the matter there for resolution. A buff maybe but it may ring a bell for them to take action. Here is the full name to cut and paste: Procuraduria Federal del Consumidor Authorization, No. 8059-2018 FilePFC.B.E 7/005767-2018
I Googled it...Here is a link to that , looks like you can write up a complaint letter and email it to them. See this link: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montre...s/services-foreigners/318-consumer-protection

Thank you very much for this information!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
So, which Vidanata resort did you go to?

The PV Marina location might take you to Nuevo Vallarta, but at all of the other resorts, the sales offices are on the property. They would have told you upfront that you would be going to NV. I have been a Vidanata owner for 20 years and this seems unusual as most of the resorts are out of town and the Taxi takes you onto the property. You can’t peek in. Did you take the tour and spend several hours there?

When you left the sales office they should have taken you to a place to validate your gifts before you left the property.

We have never been offered anything but cash or tours for taking a presentation. This could be a new tactic.

Is Vidanta written anywhere on your certificate? Is there a legible signature? Sorry for so many questions. I’m just trying to figure this out. I will look through my stuff and see if I can find someone to contact. (Of course the people change so often, my contact may no longer be there.)

I am sorry this has happened to you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have a numbered invitation slip where there's a box.
Above the box it is printer:
To Enjoy a guided tour and presentation of our exclusive Private Residences Club 90 min after breakfast. As our way to thank you, you will receive:
........ they 'moved' the presentation location from the resort on the morning we arrived for it, to a sales office 30 minutes away.

We were ready to walk out there and then, so he made the additional incentive offer.
I told him to put it in writing, and he did, so we went.

Thoughts -
there is a Private Residences Club -that is part of Vallarta Gardens
PRC - Vallarta Gardens is about 30 minutes from Nuevo Vallarta in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle .

the invit from "a women at the front of the resort" - could be an OPC - ( Off Property Consultant) this is a person who is paid a commission to find people to go to TS presentations.
Since they are independent contractors - they sometimes "work" for more than one property .

IF - you actually were solicited in front of a Vidanta property but taken 30 minutes away to a sales pitch for another property - the term " body snatchers " may be applicable .I have read on TUG about this occurring in Cabo .

IF - it was Vallarta Gardens - read the TUG Mexican Forum thread started in 2014 about this property / and consider yourself lucky.

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I forgot about Vallarta Gardens. The Vidanta does have Grand Luxxe Residences, but these are generally not sold to first time Mayan World owners. T-Dot May be on to something.

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
So, which Vidanata resort did you go to?

The PV Marina location might take you to Nuevo Vallarta, but at all of the other resorts, the sales offices are on the property. They would have told you upfront that you would be going to NV. I have been a Vidanata owner for 20 years and this seems unusual as most of the resorts are out of town and the Taxi takes you onto the property. You can’t peek in. Did you take the tour and spend several hours there?

When you left the sales office they should have taken you to a place to validate your gifts before you left the property.

We have never been offered anything but cash or tours for taking a presentation. This could be a new tactic.

Is Vidanta written anywhere on your certificate? Is there a legible signature? Sorry for so many questions. I’m just trying to figure this out. I will look through my stuff and see if I can find someone to contact. (Of course the people change so often, my contact may no longer be there.)

I am sorry this has happened to you.

The good news is that other than waste some time and frustrate me with run around after the fact nothing truly "bad" HAPPENED to me.
There's plenty of horror stories.

Let me try to address your points or questions:

I have considered posting a full scan of the slip but there just seemed to be a lot of PI on it, but I'll do so with redactions just so people can see it 'all'.

The story is bascially this, I was next door at the DRI Cabo Azul.
I do not own, we rented a week from family who do.
Said family told us 'check out Vidanta next door if you get a chance, just stroll in like you belong and look around, that is the place we're switch to from DRI'
SO we lol tried just that.
The Bell hop at the front stopped us almost immediately a the lobby entrance and we were paired up with Yesenia who was at a podium directly across from the bell hop's podium at the front entrance.
We said what we were up to vaguely without full disclosure of specifics, and it was this woman Yesenia who gave us a short 5 minute impromptu 'walking tour' of the public spaces, then invited us to come back tomorrow morning for breakfast & a presentation. We didn't jump at it, but she gave us the invitation slip with some incentives written, so we kind of said OK thank you, we'll think about it, took the invite and left.

The next morning when we showed up , we were taken past the gift shop into a conference room where we were registered and paired with a sales manager named Gabriele.
It was Gabriele that informed us the presentation had just been changed, and we would need to go to CSL proper for the presentation.
We balked and were going to just leave, but Gabriele made the additional incentive offers.
I requested he put them in writing on our invitation, and he did so, so we begrudgingly went.

After the exhaustive pitch (this wasn't our first ever pitch, but definitely was the most grueling to date) we politely decined.
We were then taken to the check out desk at the sales office.
Here we were provided with SOME of incentives, but the main one that compelled us to agree to go to CSL proper for the actual presentation we were told we'd have to return to Vidanta resort to obtain from Yesenia by the girls processing us out.

We protested vehemently, that we should be given ALL our incentives on the spot immediately as was promised, we had no need to go back to the Vidanta property. I pulled out my phone to call Yesenia who had given me her business card, so I had her mobile phone number.
When the staff saw this, THEY also called Yesenia. My call went unanswered (shocking I know) but since it was the SALES office phoning her, she actually picked up their call.
After a bunch of back n forth the staff at the CSL sales location provided us with the voucher itself, but could not produce the activation code.
A bunch more arguing, and I actually got on their phone to speak with Yesenia myself, it was indeed the same woman we'd spoken to the day before, and she assured me that she would get the code and bring it by our resort (by this time they knew we were staying next door)
Needless to say that didn't happen.
And I've been fighting with them ever since returning home (this all happened on our last full day in Cabo) the following morning we flew out.

After a bit more than a week of non-resolution I posted here on TUG to see if there was any insights, suggestions etc.

If these images work in the post the (most) at dispute item is the top one which reads "1 week certificate free Orlando Vegas Miami"
As I mentioned we were given the 'voucher' but the activation code that you can actually need to redeem it is blank. On that voucher there's some web address ( I don't have that document with me at the moment) that reads something like sonicotrip.com
Oh yeah that's it, I just pulled it open in a separate tab:

Thanks,
WTChuck
upload_2019-10-9_13-2-5.png
upload_2019-10-9_13-2-37.png
upload_2019-10-9_13-22-35.png
upload_2019-10-9_13-29-48.png

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP, It's your time and expectations, but IMHO, you are lucky to have gotten away no more scathed than you were. I strongly doubt you will get satisfaction from this 'promise'. If it were me, I'd cut my losses and move on.

Good Luck, and I wish you well.

Jim

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
If it was just the free Orlando vacation that interested you type in Free Orlando Vacations or other similar words in a search and you will find many free or relatively low cost vacation offers. You'll just have to spend your time in sales presentations though...I'm sure just as you would have had to if Vidanta came through with their certificate.

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
OP, It's your time and expectations, but IMHO, you are lucky to have gotten away no more scathed than you were. I strongly doubt you will get satisfaction from this 'promise'. If it were me, I'd cut my losses and move on.

Good Luck, and I wish you well.

Jim
In the end I may need to...but giving it the ol' college try as the say.
Wife really wanted that Orlando certificate lol. If not for that we wouldn't have even bothered all around, so....only thing motivating me to press the issue.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Oh my, it sounds like Yesinia is who you need to talk to since she was going to get it to you. The street hawkers get paid for bringing you, but the amount of the gifts comes out of their pay. I personally do not know much about the Vida Vacations part of Vidanta. I have more than enough weeks and the MF are so high that I would never pay them and exchange to another resort for extra money. Some people get these when they purchase an exit package. But, to use a Vida week, you have to pay something, they are not free.

At all Vidanta locations, it is hard to sneek in and take a peak. The staff is trained to watch for the wrist bands.

We went to Cabo in 2009. They had the sales office there, but may have moved it out to the new area they are building at East Cape.

The old saying that" if somethings sounds to good to be true, it probably is" may apply.

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
Oh my, it sounds like Yesinia is who you need to talk to since she was going to get it to you. The street hawkers get paid for bringing you, but the amount of the gifts comes out of their pay. I personally do not know much about the Vida Vacations part of Vidanta. I have more than enough weeks and the MF are so high that I would never pay them and exchange to another resort for extra money. Some people get these when they purchase an exit package. But, to use a Vida week, you have to pay something, they are not free.

At all Vidanta locations, it is hard to sneek in and take a peak. The staff is trained to watch for the wrist bands.

We went to Cabo in 2009. They had the sales office there, but may have moved it out to the new area they are building at East Cape.

The old saying that" if somethings sounds to good to be true, it probably is" may apply.

Yeah so minor point of clarification the Orlando voucher bit was added to the slip by Gabriele on the morning we were in the sales office.
I keep reaching out to Yesenia. She hasn't totally blown me off....yet, just was buying time I felt, and then tried to claim the code was emailed to me, so I said well I don't have it, get me proof of the sent message.
It's all games to me at this point.

AHA! Wrist Bracelets! I wondered how they 'made' us so quickly! lol
darn them! darn them all to heck!
We had nothing from DRI CA, but the staff always just let us stroll in, it wasn't always the same personnel so I can't say 'oh they recognized us'
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WTChuck

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Be Determined
Well, I was going to edit the OP, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do that after the passage of time.

JUST WANTED TO UPDATE EVERYONE.

A short time ago, Vidanta provided me with the code by email!
13 days.
9/27 - 10/9

Perseverance can pay off.

Thanks everyone for your input.

WTChuck
upload_2019-10-9_16-54-57.png

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
That's wonderful. Please report back once you take your trip to Orlando and let us know how it went.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Great news!