• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Holiday Inn Cape Canaveral Question?

htusa2002

Reaction score
Hi-has anyone been to this place? We have a 2 bedroom booked and RCI assigned us to a Oceanfront unit.

I know the view could be nice and my kids will do a little boogie boarding, but do you think I would be better requesting being moved to a poolside room?? The walk is far and not too sure about these trams?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've never been there, know nothing about the resort. But personally I would take an oceanfront over a poolside any time.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve stayed there twice in Oceanfront and love it Trams are frequent which is helpful if you are carrying lots of stuff or it’s raining. Great resort - not many resorts have a lazy river AND beach to choose from. The Oceanftont units are peaceful and I imagine it would be noisier around the pool. Tons of things to do at resort with indoor playscape, movie theater, entertainers, activities. We enjoyed visits to the Brevard Zoo and Kennedy Space Center (my daughter even got to talk to an astronaut).

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
+1 for a visit to Kennedy Space Center. I've been a couple of times and it is fascinating.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed here when it was still the Ron Jon. Personally, I would prefer a room in the pool building (my kids definitely would prefer it). The walk isn't horrible but it is a little ways. When we were staying there (things might have changed quite a bit) the tram ran fairly often but I hate waiting so we walked. Still, most of the activities/amenities are in the main building and the beach building seemed very quite/a bit remote (at least my kids thought so). However, if you are planning on spending most of your time at the beach you might feel different. It probably is also quieter and I presume you can get a great view. So it depends on what you value more: proximity to beach/quiet or being close to pool/activities/amenities.

We loved our stay there - I think you will enjoy it no matter which building you are in.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed here just after they converted to HIVC. The place was nice. We had to take the tram to the beach, since we were staying in the pool area. There is lots of stuff for kids here. And you can walk out of the resort and there are shops and restaurants nearby. If you are going to the Space center, it’s a good location. The units are nice, we own at Orange Lake and the 2 bedroom is the same style at this resort.
Have fun!
Silentg

Debrajo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Desert Club Resort
We spend every Spring break at HICV CC with our grandkids. For us, the poolside rooms are ideal. Being near all the amenities is worth giving up the view. We just hop on the tram to get to the beach.
Should you decide to keep the ocean front be sure to ask for an upper floor or your view may be blocked by trees!
Don’t miss a visit to the local restaurants - Grills and Fish Lips are our faves.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Many times with RCI units, what you book is what you get.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stay here when it was Ron Jon. About fifteen (15) years ago prior to one of ours three (3) Disney family cruises . We had something liked four (4); two (2) bedroom villas pool side views. All I can remember it was one of the very best family vacation in my life.

Reaction score
And the biggest reason: rocket launches! The most recent launch was the Falcon Heavy, then as the rocket boosters returned, there was a couple loud Sonic Booms as they landed.

TS