• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How do ebay sellers get by with renting RCI exchanges into DVC?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273769657974?ul_noapp=true

I also talked to someone in the know at Redweek, and they aren't going to do anything about the people who rent exchanges on that site. They won't verify a week for those rentals, and the person at Redweek who does the verifications will tell them they cannot verify an exchange because that week doesn't belong to you, it is an exchange.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just curious -- how do you know for sure this is an exchange? Are exchangers the only ones who pay the $190 fee?

Thanks!
Kurt

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just curious -- how do you know for sure this is an exchange? Are exchangers the only ones who pay the $190 fee?

Thanks!
Kurt
That is exactly how I know. $190 disclosed is a dead giveaway. And this guy has been doing this for years. At one time, he had about 15 for rent, some 2 bedrooms in the mix.

I have points I need to rent. I charge quite a bit for a studio, and the 1 bedrooms are twice the price of a studio with my points.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy

I don't know if you were around tug probably 15 years ago, II and RCI started cracking down on rentals, especially those on ebay. Several folks lost their accounts. I believe folks were reporting the ads when they saw them. Who knows though, maybe it is RCI itself....I wouldn't put it past them to cherry pick

Reactions: DrQ

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Cindy

I don't know if you were around tug probably 15 years ago, II and RCI started cracking down on rentals, especially those on ebay. Several folks lost their accounts. I believe folks were reporting the ads when they saw them. Who knows though, maybe it is RCI itself....I wouldn't put it past them to cherry pick
RCI has never been aggressive about member rentals. They have the disclaimer but they really don't enforce it. I have heard of dozens of II members punished but only one or two rci members ever.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has never been aggressive about member rentals. They have the disclaimer but they really don't enforce it. I have heard of dozens of II members punished but only one or two rci members ever.

I have always heard rumors of II punishing members but don't know of any. RCI on the other hand I know canceled several Tuggers accounts for exchanges they put on ebay. I haven't heard of any since but that was when RCI was first getting into the rental business big time