• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does a timeshare save me money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason why I said the resale value does not matter is because if one chooses to become a Platinum owner they should not have plans to sell it. One cannot buy a Platinum membership resale so its not like they can go out and buy the same think for 5% on the dollar like they can other timeshares.

If you do not even think a Wyndham Platinum membership is worth $10 000 there is no point explaining the math. You are just too against purchasing retail to waste my time.

Why not spend only 1/10 of the money and get access to more resorts any to many that are higher in quaility than Wyndham?

You may be experianced about Wyndham but seem not know much about the rest of of the timeshare world that has a few ownerships that can offer far better and a 50 time bigger selection for far less outlay with far less in set maintenance fees.

You can not explain the:doh: math away so it would be a waste of time unless you were a Wyndham salesman pitching some heat at some off of the street newbie trying to earn a commission during at sit.

But I do not think you are a Wyndham salesman as they would know better than to try and con longtime Tug members.

Bruce :D

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with people having other views. Except I guess when it comes to buying a Wyndham Platinum ownership here on TUG. A waste of time is when someone tells me 'Dont be stupid" No need to dignify that with a reponse. But I will do it here. A million wyndham points is worth much more than $10k. The resale on that would be $5 - 8k on ebay with none of the VIP benefits.

Wyndham is not the only good system out there but it does work. The point of this thread was to show how timeshares can save people money. A Wyndham Platinum ownership can save people money if it is done properly. I do not need to explain the math away. If someone was interested in it they can calculate the math on their own. I will stand behind the fact that a Wyndham Platinum ownership is a very good way to enjoy timesharing and save money in the process.

I am not trying to con anyone as I have nothing to gain by someone buying a wyndham timeshare from Wyndham.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Never buy Wyndham points retail. Calculator or not

There is nothing wrong with people having other views. Except I guess when it comes to buying a Wyndham Platinum ownership here on TUG. A waste of time is when someone tells me 'Dont be stupid" No need to dignify that with a reponse. But I will do it here. A million wyndham points is worth much more than $10k. The resale on that would be $5 - 8k on ebay with none of the VIP benefits.

Wyndham is not the only good system out there but it does work. The point of this thread was to show how timeshares can save people money. A Wyndham Platinum ownership can save people money if it is done properly. I do not need to explain the math away. If someone was interested in it they can calculate the math on their own. I will stand behind the fact that a Wyndham Platinum ownership is a very good way to enjoy timesharing and save money in the process.

I am not trying to con anyone as I have nothing to gain by someone buying a wyndham timeshare from Wyndham.

I would be very interested in any math that could make spending $90K+ MORE for the same quantity of Wyndham points in order to be a Plat VIP a money SAVING option. That simply cannot occur. Perhaps there is a timeshare sales weasel model calculator by Wastegate Enterprises I do not own that can make that impossible calculation magically appear?

As you say you are not a Wyndham sales person how is it you can try to say that type of purchase would make any sense for anyone? Tuggers, and others, can easily figure that out. No calculator even needed!

Last edited:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score

Buy a Wyndham Platinum ownership for $100,000 tomarrow and sell it 5 years from now on ebay at a lost of $90,000 to $95,000. Wyndham Platinum ownership is a:hysterical: very good :hysterical: way to :rofl: enjoy timesharing and :rofl: save money in the process.

Bruce :rofl:

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score

shifty1981

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moderator Note: The Portion of this post that attempted to Moderate has been removed. Postings that attempt to Moderate a thread are inappropriate for anyone who is not a Moderator or Administrator.

Without continuing the discussion of if buying retail can save money, can someone explain what type of VIP perks you get that might tempt someone into spending $100,000? I mean there are so many fancy timeshares out there that the $100,000 could go to. I wonder if that money couldn't be spent getting lots of nice TS for many weeks? Or even going to fancy hotels that pamper you? What is so great about the VIP service? Again, not wondering about saving money, just wondering what the perks are. Please debate the saving of money elsewhere as no one in this thread is interested in purchasing anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

brucecz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's ease off on the condescending comments and animations people. The OP of this sub-topic said he would never put that kind of money up front so case closed. If you want to discuss this further, please start a new thread where people are willing to do the math on both sides of the argument.

Without continuing the discussion of if buying retail can save money, can someone explain what type of VIP perks you get that might tempt someone into spending $100,000? I mean there are so many fancy timeshares out there that the $100,000 could go to. I wonder if that money couldn't be spent getting lots of nice TS for many weeks? Or even going to fancy hotels that pamper you? What is so great about the VIP service? Again, not wondering about saving money, just wondering what the perks are. Please debate the saving of money elsewhere as no one in this thread is interested in purchasing anymore.

I forgot you:annoyed: do not like proven facts, rules and math if proves you wrong like it has in the past.

I would suggest you study that about Wyndham system before you take any one to task about condescending comments about a system as your post indicates you know very little about by your questions.

Seeing that this string is about how timesharing can save you money spending despite as am1 suggested, in most experianced Tuggers have posted Wyndham is NOT cost effective and anyone saying over losing over 90% of $100,000 is a good value needs to be called on as 4 of us have.

The person was making condescending comments as Quote "The point of this thread was to show how timeshares can save people money. A Wyndham Platinum ownership can save people money if it is done properly. I do not need to explain the math away. If someone was interested in it they can calculate the math on their own. I will stand behind the fact that a Wyndham Platinum ownership is a very good way to enjoy timesharing and save money in the process."Unquote The facts and figures show that am1's claim to be in deep error to say it in the kindest way.

am1 postings are sad:( if if someone belives he is correct and follows his advice. I looked into Wyndham and they have some nice resorts but as am1 they had ONLY 80 resorts and am1 agreed they are not the top of the line resorts.

Why pay top of the line maintenace fees for a limited selection of about 80 resorts if they are not top of the line resorts when other low cost options of dually afiilated resorts give you access to about 4,000 resorts worldwide.

To pay anywere near $100,000 for banking on last minute 10- to 15 prime time reservations is IMHO terrible math and horrible economics when you will lose $90,000 to $95,000 when you go to dump them on the resale market that isIMHO insane, The typical 3 bedroom red time Wyndham takes 154,000 Wyndham points for one week and more. So that is only just abot 7 full weeks in red time.

Note that am1 said the Wyndham resort sale I posted on ebay had higher maintence fees for Wyndham but am1 did not post a total of what the average would be, did he? No the case is not closed unless you are a moderator because he should supply the facts to back up his claim about that maintenace fee.

In regards to jumping on me for the second time for my animations people, I will put them were I feel appropreate when regular words do not seems get the facts accross.

So if you want to be :mad: that is your choice.
Bruce :D

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is it just me, or has this thread worn out it's welcome?

Since we can't seem to stick to the topic, and avoid personal attacks, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.