• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How easy is it to purchase RCI points by themselves?

chazpbg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about buying an actual timeshare (I already have two of those). I'm running a little low on points and I believe you can legitimately buy points from another RCI member. Is that true? Right now, I only see one ad in the TUG listings that appears to be offering that (at a penny a point). Just curious if this is allowed, how often you can find RCI members willing to sell their points and what the going rate is...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe what you are looking for is actually to rent points...vs buying them outright.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I don't know how it works to transfer from RCI account to another RCI account, different owners of the accounts. It seems RCI would consider it "renting," supposedly against RCI rules.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
You can transfer points from one RCI points account to another. I have done that with a friend in the past. I believe one a year is free and after that there is a fee.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about buying an actual timeshare (I already have two of those). I'm running a little low on points and I believe you can legitimately buy points from another RCI member. Is that true? Right now, I only see one ad in the TUG listings that appears to be offering that (at a penny a point). Just curious if this is allowed, how often you can find RCI members willing to sell their points and what the going rate is...

I just started a conversation. I don't have any points for sale or rent, just some info that may be helpful.

SharonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can transfer points from one member to another if you are premium members.

SharonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMG_2318.PNG
I mean PLATNUM member. See the info on becoming platnum on the RCI website

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can transfer points from one member to another if you are premium members.
This is my newly acquired knowledge for today. I didn't know you could do that.