• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How happy are you with your Marriott ownership?

• I'm very happy with my ownership.

Votes: 193 43.6%
  • I'm happy despite occasional problems, e.g., availability issues, Destination Club confusion, etc.

Votes: 111 25.1%
  • I'm neutral.

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • I'm a bit unhappy with my ownership, but have no current plans to dispose of my Marriott ownership.

Votes: 49 11.1%
  • I'm unhappy, want to sell and would not buy another Marriott.

Votes: 52 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot's Harbour Lake , Sheraton Vistana Villages
You can go online and choose let MVC make an II deposit. You don't need to pick week with this option and it should go through.

Inventory at booking sites bleongs to Marriott, not owners'.
Of course I know the inventory belongs to Marriott , but I just wanted an answer from them.:rolleyes:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To deposit a week with II, first you have to book a week at your home resort , in your season.( this is a way with Marriott , and it upsets me because if there is no av week in our season , than we have lost that year's use , like it happened last year , I spoke to OS , and this is what I was told...)
The Apr.29 was just the only av week in our season, another one may come up , but they can't guarantee it.
And when I called them and said that there are av units through our season , on numerous booking sites , they said that those are the ones owners renting out to thise sites , and I just don't beleive it.
As VacationForever says, to deposit a week with II, you do not have to first book a week at your home resort.
If you choose the option of a Marriott deposit, either online or by phone, they will sort all that out for you without you needing to check availability or do anything else yourself.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As VacationForever says, to deposit a week with II, you do not have to first book a week at your home resort.
If you choose the option of a Marriott deposit, either online or by phone, they will sort all that out for you without you needing to check availability or do anything else yourself.
But they do! I got this answer every time!

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But they do! I got this answer every time!
I just got off the phone with them , yes , I need to book a week first at my home resort , THAN I can deposit it with II( either I or they can do it , does not matter , but it has to be a booked , confirmed week)
Owner services placed a request to II to accept my week , even they trying to recover last year's week , so costumer service is really nice and trying to help , we'll see what will happens!
I still find it annoying that we have these " seasons ", and getting a week in another season , we have to go through II!
Otherwise than this terrible booking system( at least comparing to Sheraton's), I love Marriott!

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them , yes , I need to book a week first at my home resort , THAN I can deposit it with II( either I or they can do it , does not matter , but it has to be a booked , confirmed week)
Owner services placed a request to II to accept my week , even they trying to recover last year's week , so costumer service is really nice and trying to help , we'll see what will happens!
I still find it annoying that we have these " seasons ", and getting a week in another season , we have to go through II!
Otherwise than this terrible booking system( at least comparing to Sheraton's), I love Marriott!
There is either some misunderstanding here or they just have it plain wrong.
You absolutely do not have to book a week first at your home resort.
I suggest you contact Customer Advocacy at
customer.care@vacationclub.com
However, seasons is the way MVC works, so yes if you want to book in another season you do have to exchange via II or (if you are eligible) enrol in the Destination Club points programme and elect for points to book a week in that other season.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
However, seasons is the way MVC works, so yes if you want to book in another season you do have to exchange via II or (if you are eligible) enrol in the Destination Club points programme and elect for points to book a week in that other season.
I did and they wrote me back: "Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care. You will need to reach Owner Services at 800-845-4226 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time, and Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care
Customer.Care@VacationClub.com
800 860 9384"

Haha , I was just asking a simple question...:wall:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did and they wrote me back: "Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care. You will need to reach Owner Services at 800-845-4226 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Eastern Time, and Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care
Customer.Care@VacationClub.com
800 860 9384"

Haha , I was just asking a simple question...:wall:
I am not quite sure how this happened, but the email address I meant to include (and thought I had, but clearly didn’t) is
customer.advocacy@vacationclub.com
I would hope you might get a more helpful reply from them.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, you can keep trying to find someone at Marriott to help and spending too much effort imho, or, you can follow this Marriott document, see page 5 for the start of it. You can do this yourself, in 5 minutes, problem over. Note these words in Marriotts document:

"Let Marriott do the work with the Deposit First method–including reserving and depositing your week"

So, on mvci.com it details what to click to accomplish this without any reserved week. Follow the guide and you should be quite pleased.

https://www.my-vacationclub.com/common/vc/en-us/flash/showme/res/Reservations.pdf

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, you can keep trying to find someone at Marriott to help and spending too much effort imho, or, you can follow this Marriott document, see page 5 for the start of it. You can do this yourself, in 5 minutes, problem over. Note these words in Marriotts document:

"Let Marriott do the work with the Deposit First method–including reserving and depositing your week"

So, on mvci.com it details what to click to accomplish this without any reserved week. Follow the guide and you should be quite pleased.

https://www.my-vacationclub.com/common/vc/en-us/flash/showme/res/Reservations.pdf
Thx, but I know this , and no matter how you do it , you ( the owner) or Marriott costumer service has to make a reservation , before it can be deposited with II. It's better if you do the reservation yourself because you can pick a better week , like in my case , spring break time would be much better than August , but if I let Marriott do it for me , they may reserve a not so popular week.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok , thx , I tried the new address too :thumbup:
:):ponder::shrug:
A same mail from the same guy....I don't think I'll ask again..
"Good day,

To provide you with the requested service you will need to contact our Owner Services Department directly at one of the following:

Owner Services phone: (800) 845 4226 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or 801-468-4089 (International Callers)
Owner Services email: owner.services@vacationclub.com

Regards,

MVW Customer Care"
Ok , thx , I tried the new address too :thumbup:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thx, but I know this , and no matter how you do it , you ( the owner) or Marriott costumer service has to make a reservation , before it can be deposited with II. It's better if you do the reservation yourself because you can pick a better week , like in my case , spring break time would be much better than August , but if I let Marriott do it for me , they may reserve a not so popular week.
This is a different problem from when you first posted that you were unable to book a week to deposit into II and it would cause you to lose a week as in last year. You cannot choose a week that has no more availability. We have all been telling you to just have Marriott deposit a week for you.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a different problem from when you first posted that you were unable to book a week to deposit into II and it would cause you to lose a week as in last in last year. You cannot choose a week that has no more availability. We have all been telling you to just have Marriott deposit a week for you.

This is exactly my point of posting. Just do it, assuming your problem remains, you said you could not get a reservation. Then follow the instructions, and you will. Better than nothing right? And you were saying previously that you *must* get a confirmation number, you do not as shown by the instructions. Is the original problem mis-stated or perhaps we did not hear you correctly? Always possible for me at least!

And next year, if you are going to trade, do this at the earliest possible date to make sure you get a good reservation. You can then decide later if you want to use it, or, trade it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It sounds like Marriott Vacation Club is already taking care of you here. These are what they call supplemental deposits. Usually offered if you buy a resale and get possession late in your use year. In these cases MVC will often be able to get you a supplemental deposit to at least get something from your usage. For the future, be sure to call early and make a reservation regardless if you know when you want to go. You can deposit it to use it for when you want to travel. Another option is to enroll the week. Your platinum week will get more than enough DC points to travel in the fall off season. One issue you can sometimes run in to when you are getting a supplemental deposit is that Marriott will transfer a deposit to you that was deposited within 59 days of checkin and you end up with a restricted Flexchange deposit.

There certainly is the option of II Exchange-Marriott deposit. Don't call to do this, I don't understand the need to have to call when everyone here is telling you to do it online. This is what is says online about this option.

Marriott Deposit
Marriott reserves and deposits my week with Interval International on my behalf as a Deposit First. Marriott does the work for me. My week is immediately available to other Interval International members and no longer available to me. The Deposit First option gives me up to a three-year travel window and is best if I know I do not wish to visit my home resort.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
:):ponder::shrug:
A same mail from the same guy....I don't think I'll ask again..
"Good day,

To provide you with the requested service you will need to contact our Owner Services Department directly at one of the following:

Owner Services phone: (800) 845 4226 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) or 801-468-4089 (International Callers)
Owner Services email: owner.services@vacationclub.com

Regards,

MVW Customer Care"
Definitely, as everyone says, “Marriott Deposit” online is the way to go.
I am surprised though that it seems from their sign off that your last email was responded to by the same Customer Care team as before.
Whenever I email Customer Advocacy, the response is from an individual manager in their Executive Office.
XXXXXX XXXXXXXX
Customer Advocacy Manager
Executive Office
407-529-2498

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a different problem from when you first posted that you were unable to book a week to deposit into II and it would cause you to lose a week as in last year. You cannot choose a week that has no more availability. We have all been telling you to just have Marriott deposit a week for you.
Yes , you are right , this is two different problem , and the second one is not even a problem. I was told( by MOS) that I should book 75 days prior my season starts....Gee , I'll try..:doh:

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It sounds like Marriott Vacation Club is already taking care of you here. These are what they call supplemental deposits. Usually offered if you buy a resale and get possession late in your use year. In these cases MVC will often be able to get you a supplemental deposit to at least get something from your usage. For the future, be sure to call early and make a reservation regardless if you know when you want to go. You can deposit it to use it for when you want to travel. Another option is to enroll the week. Your platinum week will get more than enough DC points to travel in the fall off season. One issue you can sometimes run in to when you are getting a supplemental deposit is that Marriott will transfer a deposit to you that was deposited within 59 days of checkin and you end up with a restricted Flexchange deposit.

There certainly is the option of II Exchange-Marriott deposit. Don't call to do this, I don't understand the need to have to call when everyone here is telling you to do it online. This is what is says online about this option.

Marriott Deposit
Marriott reserves and deposits my week with Interval International on my behalf as a Deposit First. Marriott does the work for me. My week is immediately available to other Interval International members and no longer available to me. The Deposit First option gives me up to a three-year travel window and is best if I know I do not wish to visit my home resort.
I just called to make it clear that my week needs to be booked by me or by Marriott before it can be deposited with II , and yes , she said , yes , you can only deposit a booked week with II.
They just offered this supplemental deposit with II , because we have lost the usage for '17 and-I didn't even remembered:shrug:- '16. Marriott said II will contact me in two days , so far , nothing , so I need to call again tomorrow.

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Marriott Deposit
That's what I'm saying...."Marriott reserves....." Reserves! No matter who does the deposit , first the week needs to be reserved/booked...etc!

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A quick update....
Not a word from II( MOS said that they will contact me), but look like they were able to recover our week from 2016, as it's deposited with II , and I can't do anything this year's week on the Marriott's website , so maybe something is goin' on...., there is a 2018 unit on my II account , but to exchange , they need a reservation #. image.jpeg
A few years ago I was able to reserve a unit in our season , even in May or June , things are different this days....

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
A quick update....
Not a word from II( MOS said that they will contact me), but look like they were able to recover our week from 2016, as it's deposited with II , and I can't do anything this year's week on the Marriott's website , so maybe something is goin' on...., there is a 2018 unit on my II account , but to exchange , they need a reservation #. View attachment 6310
A few years ago I was able to reserve a unit in our season , even in May or June , things are different this days....

That's the Interval website, not Marriott which is where you could deposit it. www.mvci.com There, you could deposit it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
A quick update....
Not a word from II( MOS said that they will contact me), but look like they were able to recover our week from 2016, as it's deposited with II , and I can't do anything this year's week on the Marriott's website , so maybe something is goin' on...., there is a 2018 unit on my II account , but to exchange , they need a reservation #. View attachment 6310
As indicated, that is the Interval International website. You can't deposit on the II site without a reservation with Marriott Vacation Club first. The problem is that you can't book anything now because there is nothing left to reserve available in your season. You had indicated previously that you had talked to Marriott about possibly getting supplemental deposits in to II? Have you heard anything back on that?

Ewiike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As indicated, that is the Interval International website. You can't deposit on the II site without a reservation with Marriott Vacation Club first. The problem is that you can't book anything now because there is nothing left to reserve available in your season. You had indicated previously that you had talked to Marriott about possibly getting supplemental deposits in to II? Have you heard anything back on that?
She said that II will contact me , so far , nothing happened ,but I see one available week on my II account , from 2016 , I assume they were able to recover that year , but nothing else so far...Thx for asking:hi:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
She said that II will contact me , so far , nothing happened ,but I see one available week on my II account , from 2016 , I assume they were able to recover that year , but nothing else so far...Thx for asking:hi:
The week from 2016 may only be good for a few more months. They usually expire 2 years after the checkin date on the deposit. You may want to check the expiration date and make sure you do an exchange before that date. You must travel beofre expiration, not just confirm an exchange. There are things like EPlus that you can add to extend the expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.