• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many actually book Home week

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Ha Ha...so to riff a famous saying, those that "Buy in Vegas, don't stay in Vegas!"

That's the truth!

We own at HGVC on the Boulevard, but have never stayed there. Lately we have been going to the Elara on HGVC "owner updates." We love Las Vegas, but we aren't interested in the location of HGVC on the Boulevard. Before the Elara came along we liked the HGVC Flamingo.

We are definitely in it for the points, and usually trade through RCI.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did follow the rule of "buy where you want to go", so 2 of our timeshares we go to every year because we love the locations (New Orleans, LA and Palm Desert, CA) The other two, we go to every other year and trade every other year. This has allowed us plenty of weeks all over the world and we have had some really nice trades. We also occasionally split our two bedroom Marriott for two weeks instead of one. I hope everyone else enjoys their timeshare vacations as much as we do. Next weekend we are off to Park City, Utah (our every other year place).

What HGVC location is in NOLA or PD?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
There are no HGVC properties in those locations. The poster was just giving an example of how they used their (non-HGVC) properties.

Kurt

aandmrun

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt is correct, I was just letting you know how I use my timeshares. I didn't realize this thread was about HGVC. The New Orleans resort is a smaller resort (Pierre Maison LaFitte), the locations is great, next to the Roosevelt Hotel and on the parade route of Canal Street. The Palm Desert resort is a Marriott.

Brian_F

Reaction score
I have a platinum ownership but wanted to go to Bay Club during gold season so booking home week would have been crazy. So used club window booked less than week and then will jump over to Oahu for a few nights leaving me me lots of points left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I have a platinum ownership but wanted to go to Bay Club during gold season so booking home week would have been crazy.
Actually, if you own a Platinum week, you are not allowed to book a Gold season Home Week reservation.

Kurt

Brian_F

Reaction score
Actually, if you own a Platinum week, you are not allowed to book a Gold season Home Week reservation.

Kurt

You’re correct, I booked during club booking period, maybe was not clear on that - 9 months out.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
We use our home week - Lagoon Tower in Hawaii - most of the time, though with the youngest finishing high school, it will open up our ability to travel when school is in. It appears we can actually get more days out of the home week points by not going Saturday - Saturday, plus lower airfare, so I’m anticipating more midweek - midweek points-based trips down the road.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex
Home week is actually one reason I just bought a "worthless" silver season 2BR contract for HGVC at the Flamingo contract. I go to CES every year with a friend, so a 2BR contract with a good location is more valuable than the points to me. I have a Bay Club for points.

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
I own Elara (and love Elara) but I can't imagine ever staying an entire week in Las Vegas :-X seems like a recipe for disaster!!

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Staying in Las Vegas for us a long time is not a problem. We really don't gamble much. $5 or $10 once in a while is all we usually risk in a $.05 or $.25 poker slot machine to get a few free drinks. We love to just walk around people watch have some nice dinner and enjoy the party.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
I own Elara (and love Elara) but I can't imagine ever staying an entire week in Las Vegas :-X seems like a recipe for disaster!!

Same here. We’ve been to Vegas but just bought ELARA for points and low fees.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score

We're done at 2-3 days. And 3 days only if we have a car and go other places as well for hikes and such. We do like Vegas for wandering about, but it's not that interesting. We don't gamble at all, so no risk there :)

Cheers,

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We spend more money on shows and restaurants than gambling...usually ready to leave after 4 days.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spend more money on shows and restaurants than gambling...usually ready to leave after 4 days.

We go to the discount tickets booth and often eat at the happy hours. And we still spend less on gambling :)

But it can actually be pretty cheap this way.

Cheers.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

We usually stay for 2 weeks. Of course we always have a kitchen so breakfasts, lunches and a few dinners are in the timeshare. We get a rent a car when we first get there for 1 day, drop off the luggage and fill up the car with food and drinks for most of the 2 weeks. About 1/2 way through the stay we take a bus or Uber to a supermarket to stock up again on perishables. We do spend some money on a couple of prime shows usually in the balcony areas. That is one of the reason we go to Las Vegas. We do a few timeshare presentations and never buy since we have more than enough resale timeshares already. The presentations give us a few nice free dinners and some free shows. We usually have more free stuff than we can use in the 2 weeks with the stuff we already have planned to do with friends and family that live there or meet us there. By the way the Ocean 1 restaurant in Planet Hollywood has some excellent prices including an excellent $5 "lunch" menu before 5:00 PM that works for an early dinner.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you elite status match to the Caesars Rewards Diamond from Hyatt or Wyndham elite, you get $100 per year free anniversary dinner. This gets the free Bacchanal buffet or discount at a number of restaurants. We got for both DH and I used $200 at Ruth Chris' steakhouse. You also get 2 free show tickets monthly.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you elite status match to the Caesars Rewards Diamond from Hyatt or Wyndham elite, you get $100 per year free anniversary dinner. This gets the free Bacchanal buffet or discount at a number of restaurants. We got for both DH and I used $200 at Ruth Chris' steakhouse. You also get 2 free show tickets monthly.

Couple of questions on this:

1. Does one need to be staying at a Caesar's property to get the dinner credits?
2. Is this a one-time status match, or can it be done anually?

In doing a search, I see a number of cards that can match across the programs, but didn't see answers to the above.

Looking further, it seems that HHonors Diamond matches to Wyndham Diamond and then to Caesar's Diamond (funny how that works out name-wise). Hyatt Explorist (which is mrs. brp's level) only goes to Wyndham Platinum and that won't get Caesar's Diamond. So, it seems that the Hilton may be the best path for us.

Of course, it's somewhat convoluted, so I may be missing something here :)

Cheers,

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Don't need to stay at Caesars. We stayed at Elara.
Can be done annually if they keep offering it.

Details here:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...tay-no-ts-preso-required.288198/#post-2266220

Here's an updated article "how to" from TPG. (FWIW...We matched from Hyatt since we never stay at Wyndhams.)

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/status-match-maximize-las-vegas-trip/

Thanks for sharing, for some reason I though this was a one time thing, I must have go confused by the mLife part at the end. We are heading to Vegas in February, I will have to try this...

Is there any benefit to the Caesars credit card? I thought I remembered that having some special perks, but reading back over the website, i not sure it adds that much value..