• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How much money do you pay for worldmark points

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you were to buy on the resale market how much would you pay per thousand points for worldmark.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If you mean to buy to transfer into your name, all I can tell you is my personal experience: I won an auction for a fully-loaded 12K WM account on eBay in October of 2017 for $1556, out the door. Seller paid all costs, and the ongoing maintenance fees until closing. I'm told that was a steal of a deal, at about a third of the going rate. My recollection from what others have said, is 12K accounts should sell for about $4000. Others will have better numbers for you.

A lot of the value has to do with how many credits come with the account. Mine had 12K from the previous year, 12K for the current year, and 12K to borrow from the upcoming year. With Housekeeping tokens in place. A "stripped account" (with no credits in it) would/should sell for a lot less.

Just found this on another thread, quoting @taterhed: "My rule of thumb is: < .40 cents a credit, fully loaded, all-in (transfer included). So, an account with 10k bank, 10k current and 10k to borrow (30k points) and 3 HKTS, $4000 dollars (including the $299 transfer fee)."

Hope this helps a bit.

Dave

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I paid $700 for a 7,000 fully loaded account on EBAY plus the Wyndham Transfer fee. So just over 10 cents per Point. I also paid $3,150 all in for a fully loaded 15,000 Point Account on EBAY. So about 21 cents per Point. I calculate cost based upon the annual allotment.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm bidding on an auction i don't know if its fully loaded i would assume so bcz the points haven't been issued yet it's for 17,000 and it's $3100. Don't know if I will win or if I will go up. Just wanted to get an idea of what to pay. Thanks

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good luck!

Dave

andymul

Reaction score
I know the auction ended, talkamotta, but I just now saw this and I messaged the seller last week regarding how many banked points. They said there is 17,000 available now.

upload_2019-2-1_8-28-29.png