• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to book both rooms lockout

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I was hoping someone with more experience than my first attempt booking with Hyatt could help/explain. I have a a lock out unit, A&B. I want to book each separately, for the same week. In the reservation window, I can check A or B but not both using HRPP. The system(which I did not continue on) notes ..."points will be deducted from your HRPP points balance with your Hyatt xxx property. Remaining points will be converted to Club Use points."

Question is what happens with the points in CUP? Will I be able to "priority" reserve the other part of my week? I would do this right away when reserving the first part. Is there a cost?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There was a discussion previously on this issue, and the result was that it's impossible to reserve both sides separately during HRPP.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Thanks, I found the discussion. I'll book the two bedroom unit (A&B) in HRRP, and then for example, issue a gift certificate for the A unit, while I keep the B unit for myself. Does that sound like the right way to go about it?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is possible to book the A and B sides of a deeded week as two separate reservations in HRPP - you just can't do it online. You have to call 1-800-Go-Hyatt to have them do it - the first HRPP reservation is free but you'll have to pay the reservation fee for the second one.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll book the two bedroom unit (A&B) in HRRP, and then for example, issue a gift certificate for the A unit, while I keep the B unit for myself. Does that sound like the right way to go about it?

No, If booked as a 2 bd, you can only get a guest certificate for a 2 bd.

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Well I called gohyatt. After some frustrating time, I was told it is impossible to reserve both sides of MY unit separately. I could reserve one but let one fall into CUP and "take my chances". Absolutely no help at all. The person (trying to be helpful) put me on hold and checked. Said no way. Has anyone actually done this, how exactly? FYI found out that Sunset Harbor in KW Scheduled (might) to re-open October 26th. Actually going to KW oct 4th, I'll have a look around if possible. My be someone if they are at the desk could be helpful in this. Is there a "complaint" procedure at Hyatt, my deeded unit, and they are putting road blocks in my way, does not sit well with me.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
You unfortunately got someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Call back and get a different Go Hyatt agent as it can and has been done before (was done exactly how it was noted in previous post).

Sunset Harbor and Beach House reopening date is 10/22 (in lieu of 10/26). Windward Pointe is 10/21 as they have Saturday check in dates as well as Sundays.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
You unfortunately got someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Call back and get a different Go Hyatt agent as it can and has been done before (was done exactly how it was noted in previous post).

Sunset Harbor and Beach House reopening date is 10/22 (in lieu of 10/26). Windward Pointe is 10/21 as they have Saturday check in dates as well as Sundays.
The messages said "they can't welcome guests before 10/22". Given the fact units are wet (i.e. plaster board), elevator (need parts) and the electronic key system (parts), that date might very well be wishful. And most importantly, it's Key West, where the clock is stuck in the 1970's. Dunno???

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I finally got back to this issue. I called customer services, explain what I need, split the reservations into a one bedroom and a studio. The resolution was fast and painless. My instructions for the next time I want to split, as it can not be done on line, when my points are deposited, are to call Hyatt and ask to have corporate split the weeks. Although they waived the costs this time, there will be a fee for a "second reservation". This would be in addition to the guest certificate fee, which I am now able to process online. Thanks all for the input.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I finally got back to this issue. I called customer services, explain what I need, split the reservations into a one bedroom and a studio. The resolution was fast and painless. My instructions for the next time I want to split, as it can not be done on line, when my points are deposited, are to call Hyatt and ask to have corporate split the weeks. Although they waived the costs this time, there will be a fee for a "second reservation". This would be in addition to the guest certificate fee, which I am now able to process online. Thanks all for the input.
Glad to hear this is possible. I reserved the 1 bedroom side first and lost the studio so ended up depositing it in Interval. I wanted to split the unit and rent them separately and they told me it wasn’t possible. I could reserve the whole unit, stay in one side and handle the rental side with the front desk when I get there. I guess I’ll just have to keep calling until I find someone who knows what they are doing next year.