• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get FREE Wyndham points on eBay?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone asked this question in a different Wyndham thread. Rather than take that thread further off-topic ...

This applies to other timeshares as well, but this is limited to a points system like Wyndham. It has to do with when the new owner takes over maintenance fees versus the usage the new owner receives and can use. (That last part is important).

If you receive and can use points in the first year that are worth more than your all-in cost for the new-to-you Wyndham contract, then you received free-to-you points that the previous owner paid for.

The sweet spot is about 4-5 months into your Use Year. Since most ownerships are now January Use Year, the best time to find an eBay auction with "free points" would be April or May. Look for auctions that still have the full year's points available. The previous owner has already paid for 4-5 months of maintenance fees and will pay about 3 more months before the contract transfers. The new owner then has the fourth quarter of the year to use the points for the current Use Year.

The new owner received a full year of use, but paid only 4-5 months of maintenance fees. 7-8 months worth of "free points" is better than FREE.

Here is an example of someone who lucked into a late-in-the-Use-Year deal (eBay is not specified, but that is where the $1 Wyndham timeshares are most commonly found) that illustrates the process.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...rt-w-free-2019-usage-just-transferred.298659/

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Are these zero-sum transactions just between the buyer and the seller?
That is, will all the MF due have been paid either by the buyer or the seller before the transaction is concluded?
Will other owners be left holding the bag for unpaid MF?

I rent my previous home which is governed by an HOA. If someone doesn't pay their HOA dues, HOA is authorized by charter to legally go after delinquency with the full force of the law and place a lien on the property and even foreclose! As they should! I will support my HOA in going after the deadbeats!

TS is real property and is governed by the same rules, right?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Apparently, it's not good enough for the Wolves of Timeshare to buy TS at throwaway resale prices! But they have to pound the seller to the ground and rob them blind!:(

I hated this conman in the 80s. A predator preying on old folks! I could never understand why this was even permissible in a civilized society! Why would we throw our vulnerable elders to wolves!:ponder:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are these zero-sum transactions just between the buyer and the seller?
Yes.

That is, will all the MF due have been paid either by the buyer or the seller before the transaction is concluded?
Yes. If you look at eBay ads, they generally fall into two categories. The seller pays maintenance fees until the contract transfers. These are the desirable contracts that may include "free" points depending on the exacting winning bid/transfer time. The less desirable ads have the buyer assuming maintenance fees upon auction completion, with mf prepayment included with the escrow for the winning bid and closing costs.

Will other owners be left holding the bag for unpaid MF?
No. The contracts do not transfer unless the mf is current. If the new owner does not pay the mf for a month or two, because they were not timely informed about the transfer (happened to me), they will have to pay the mf or face the usual consequences for non-payment.

Rest assured, someone is paying the mf on the "free points" in these eBay auctions. Who pays and when determines whether or not and how many points are "free."

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Are these zero-sum transactions just between the buyer and the seller .......Will other owners be left holding the bag for unpaid MF?

I rent my previous home which is governed by an HOA. If someone doesn't pay their HOA dues, HOA is authorized by charter to legally go after delinquency with the full force of the law and place a lien on the property and even foreclose! As they should! I will support my HOA in going after the deadbeats!

TS is real property and is governed by the same rules, right?

I would assume that because a title transfer cannot happen without Wyndham doing the "paperwork'" there is a zero chance that a contract is transferred with a monthly MF balance owed .

I don't think Wyndham cares who uses the points attached to the transferred contract .

(ie)- You put your house up for sale for $ 100,000 and an offer came in for the asking price with a stipulation that you leave the workout gym that is valued at $1500 . You accept the offer - they get a bonus & you get rid of the house . The county does not care who keeps & uses the gym when they do the deed transfer , and then put the new owner on the tax rolls .

( LOL - CO Skier is faster at typing then I am; and posted while I was still pounding the keyboard.)

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently, it's not good enough for the Wolves of Timeshare to buy TS at throwaway resale prices! But they have to pound the seller to the ground and rob them blind!
Someone in the other thread asked to be educated about buying Free Wyndham points on Ebay. I provided an answer. It is an eBay auction; the seller sets the terms of the auction. The buyer does not do any "pounding" or "robbing." And the market sets the price for seller and buyer to meet.

The auctions are there on eBay, and will continue to be offered on eBay. Everyone can have their opinion about eBay auctions. It will not ever change the fact that there are FREE points available on eBay.

Last edited:

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Someone in the other thread asked to be educated about buying Free Wyndham points on Ebay. I provided an answer. It is an eBay auction; the seller sets the terms of the auction. The buyer does not do any "pounding" or "robbing." And the market sets the price for seller and buyer to meet.

The auctions are there on eBay, and will continue to be offered on eBay. Everyone can have their opinion about eBay auctions. It will not ever change the fact that there are FREE points available on eBay.

I am with you on this. A willing buyer and a willing seller can get a room and do whatever the hell they want!;)

But would I be wrong in surmising that you were acting as an agent for the buyer when you recommend the most opportune times to seduce the seller!;)

Why not suggest the best times for the seller too?;)

Is the seller the prey and the buyer the predator? And you're the leader of the hunting party?:(

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
But would I be wrong in surmising that you were acting as an agent for the buyer when you recommend the most opportune times to seduce the seller!
Yes, you would be wrong in those assumptions.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, you would be wrong in those assumptions.

It requires stronger predication to surmise than to assume!;) Your entire thesis was about buyers getting the best deal!:(

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this TUG BBS geared solely towards helping the predators? And not the prey?
How about some helpful advice for the old folks on how best to exit their TS?
How about some guidance on how best to protect their investment and pass it on to their progeny, my main interest?
Most threads on this BBS are about gaming the system or sticking it to the MAN!
I have learnt a lot about all my mistakes but I still have gained no insight into how I must proceed in my objective to protect my wife and sons!
But I am determined to do it! Because of you or in spite of you! But I will get it done!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this TUG BBS geared solely towards helping the predators? And not the prey?
How about some helpful advice for the old folks on how best to exit their TS?
How about some guidance on how best to protect their investment and pass on to their progeny, my main interest?
Most threads on this BBS are about gaming the system or sticking it to the MAN!
I have learnt a lot about all my mistakes but I still have gained no insight into how I must proceed in my objective to protect my wife and sons!
But I am determined to do it! Because of you or in spite of you! But I will get it done!
These are all topics for other threads. There is nothing to stop you from creating them.

This thread is simply about how to find FREE Wyndham points on eBay. I had the courtesy to not take another thread off-topic. Maybe you could learn the same courtesy.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The very concept of 'FREE' Wyndham points offends my core principles! Your FREE comes at the expense of others!:(

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok. I will be on-topic and express my opinion that this is an unacceptable usurpation by a greedy buyer of a distressed seller that should not be permitted in a civilized and equitable society that disavows the law of the jungle!:( So, there!;)

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The very concept of 'FREE' Wyndham points offends my core principles! Your FREE comes at the expense of others!:(
I do not think you know how eBay auctions work. The seller is in control. It is their decision to offer free points. Their free offer comes at their expense, and that is their choice.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok. To give you the benefit of the doubt, you were characterizing the seller's enticements as FREE! Like I said before, I have no problem with what willing sellers and willing buyers do! I am a libertarian at heart!
So, I guess we have no difference of opinion. Except that you were simply rejoicing on the part of the buyer! Like my wife does when she goes for a sale at Macy's or Kohls!;)
I should not have assumed you were into gaming the system. I should not have mistaken you for a @dgalati! I apologize! Are we good?;)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I apologize again! I should have checked out your posts before getting into it with you! But you kept your cool like a mensch! Shalom!:)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Here is the rest of the story about free timeshares on ebay and many other sites including tug.
These are at will transactions. Buyer happy to recieve a free timeshare and seller is happy to rid themselves of the finacial burden the timeshare has become to them. Please realize that many deeds on ebay are given away with closing costs and resort transfer fees paid. Most are being sold by timeshare exit companies. These exit companies have charged the owners thousands to get them out from under the finacial burden of paying maintenance fees. Many owners still dont know about Ovations and will pay these exit companies to rid themselves of their ownership.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Perhaps a better way to think about it is not that the seller is being cheated out of the value of the TS free usage he has offered on eBay as an inducement to potential buyers because the seller isn’t compensated for the paid MFs, but instead that alleviation of the MF obligation in the future is what the seller really wanted and got. There is clearly a meeting of the minds on that bargain and they have mutually agreed when the obligation to pay MFs changed.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a better way to think about it is not that the seller is being cheated out of the value of the TS free usage he has offered on eBay as an inducement to potential buyers because the seller isn’t compensated for the paid MFs, but instead that alleviation of the MF obligation in the future is what the seller really wanted and got. There is clearly a meeting of the minds on that bargain and they have mutually agreed when the obligation to pay MFs changed.

Many can not travel anymore and were sold more points under the pretense that renting them would pay all maintenance fees. Points usage is not their main concern and many will pay exit companies to rid themselves of the financial burden of the maintenance fees. The whole TS industry on a whole is filled with people buying and selling before doing their due diligence.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering that people will PAY to get out from under a timeshare obligation, I don't think it really matters much if they are offering FREE mid year or not. It isn't taking advantage of anyone to purchase at a time that is advantageous to you. I buy things the day after a holiday because it is cheaper - I purchase at a time advantageous to me. I am not trying to cheat anyone; I just know how it works.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering that people will PAY to get out from under a timeshare obligation, I don't think it really matters much if they are offering FREE mid year or not. It isn't taking advantage of anyone to purchase at a time that is advantageous to you. I buy things the day after a holiday because it is cheaper - I purchase at a time advantageous to me. I am not trying to cheat anyone; I just know how it works.
I call it free enterprise. Many just don't take the time to learn the system and make it work for themselves. Many smart people have been hoodwinked in to buying developer deeds only to find out after the recission period that they over paid for something that they really cant afford.. Is Wyndham at fault for ones lack of due diligence? I find it hard to believe many just don't take the time to educate themselves on getting the most out of their ownership. These same people will call one out and say they are gaming the system, sticking it to the man or using loopholes to their advantage. All they are guilty of is educating themselves and learning the system to maximize the points available at a minimum cost

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Twice I bought eoy points on ebay an odd year and a year later, an even year contract.

The first closed at the end of December with 12 out of 24 months mf paid so I was able to deposit in the credit pool,then book at 10 months for a January week in Florida the following year.

The other closed in January of the following year, but I still had 11 months use that year.

It's even better now that the points can be deposited until the end of March.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Twice I bought eoy points on ebay an odd year and a year later, an even year contract.

The first closed at the end of December with 12 out of 24 months mf paid so I was able to deposit in the credit pool,then book at 10 months for a January week in Florida the following year.

The other closed in January of the following year, but I still had 11 months use that year.

It's even better now that the points can be deposited until the end of March.
Knowledge is something no one can take from you. Empower and Educate yourself on how to use and Learn the system so it works to your advantage.