• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HRA Reservation Success

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

One of the most fundamental goals of owning a timeshare is the actually ability to get the reservation. If you can’t get the reservation, then we wasted our time and money.

I’m really happy because I was able to secure a difficult reservation using StarOptions. It’s a midweek to midweek reservation across Easter next year. I’m taking Jack and Caroline and I’d booked a room at the hotel for assurance and no one was excited about sharing the room. I never thought I would get the StarOptions reservation and was resigned to the hotel room.

I tried to get a nine night reservation three days ago, but someone else’s atomic clock was better than mine. I would have thrown away the first three days anyway but really value the reservation.

Well last night was my ideal date to book 8 months out and last night, my atomic clock came through for me and I got six nights in a 2BR lockoff villa — 133K StarOptions well spent.

Looking forward to a return trip with my son and daughter (while Jonell and Cassie look at colleges). I’m persona non grata on college trips, apparently. I just get to pay........:doh:

Should be great!!!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, congratulations on a great pick up. I know you have been there before, but this should be a special trip for all three of you. And Jonell and Cassie should have fun on their trip too.

I’m going to be trying to get a week there for next early May, so am watching the clock (only a couple weeks to go.) we are trying to match it up to a week we booked at St Kitts using DC points. I suspect the week will be easier to get than yours was. I love the flexibility of both systems.

Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Congrats. You offer much inspiration to all.....

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I too am waiting just a few more days to try and snag a Harborside ressie mid-week. Weekend would be ok too, but mid- week flights would save us several hundred dollars. Since it is past Easter and past the New England Spring Break, we are hopeful. I have been watching the past week and both one and 2 bedroom have been available. Fingers crossed!

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, congratulations on a great pick up. I know you have been there before, but this should be a special trip for all three of you. And Jonell and Cassie should have fun on their trip too.

I’m going to be trying to get a week there for next early May, so am watching the clock (only a couple weeks to go.) we are trying to match it up to a week we booked at St Kitts using DC points. I suspect the week will be easier to get than yours was. I love the flexibility of both systems.

Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

I am happy to report that we got our reservation for Harborside in a Premium 1BR for 8 nights in early May 2019. The dates match up to our trip to Marriott St Kitts, so we are looking forward to 15 nights in the Caribbean and Bahamas post tax season.

Best regards.

Mike

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
That's great news, congrats on getting the reservations! Let us know what you think of MSK too, I'd like to visit there one day.

Best,

Greg