• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hula Girl Festival on Kalakaua Today

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We walked down to the Hula Girl festival on Kalakaua today. It was much more crowded than the last few we’ve been to.

we stopped into the International Market Place to rest for a bit before we went to get something to bring home to eat.

There was a guy who had Live Maine Lobsters so we had to get a sampler plater to take home. It had Beef Ribs, Pork, Chicken, a half of a lobster, corn and rice.

D2FABCCA-8DEA-42D3-8F2E-0688A1CC1B7C.jpeg
FC2EAF71-64C9-429E-8250-15EFF0D76DB3.jpeg

D88F5977-B4C7-4221-89B8-916835D34AD9.jpeg

Beautiful sky tonight too!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Thanks for posting when you experience things that visitors might experience too!

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Your wife is looking like Hawaiian Life agreed with her.

Yes she does. Slip, how is your wife's walking. I know that to enjoy Waikiki you need to walk and the two of you seem to be enjoying Waikiki. I hope for your sake she doesn't fall in love with it so much like we did. There is an old WWI song that goes "How are going to keep em down on the farm, now that they have seen Paree".

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Your wife is looking like Hawaiian Life agreed with her.

That is for sure and especially being retired. I joke about her busy schedule all the time. :)

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes she does. Slip, how is your wife's walking. I know that to enjoy Waikiki you need to walk and the two of you seem to be enjoying Waikiki. I hope for your sake she doesn't fall in love with it so much like we did. There is an old WWI song that goes "How are going to keep em down on the farm, now that they have seen Paree".

Her abilities change daily but last week we walked all the way to Lulu’s and around by the beach and shops. We put on about 2.6 miles and she was fine. We bought one of those walkers that has wheels and brakes and you can use it as a seat also.

While I was at work one day she walked 1.8 miles with any pain or the walker. The next day she put on 1.1 miles with the walker and was sore.

She is doing better and is getting used to walking daily. The walker helps when she is not sure of herself and she always has a seat if she needs one. It helps a lot.

My daughter just found out the sellers excepted her offer in a condo in Denver. She ended up buying a two bedroom and my wife and I were talking about our apartment and she is glad we are living in Waikiki and she really does see living anywhere else while we are on Oahu so it has worked well. I told her she could look elsewhere and we can move to a different apartment but she said the only thing she would like is a lanai. She said it would be too expensive to get something different and she likes where we are. Especially for the price. While we can pay more, we are both fine with what we have for a few years here.

it has worked out well so far and I’ happy and surprised by how everything did work out in the end. :thumbup:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has you old house sold yet? And is your daughter's move to Denver a new development? *worries that I missed an episode post somewhere along the the line*

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has you old house sold yet? And is your daughter's move to Denver a new development? *worries that I missed an episode post somewhere along the the line*

Our daughter is now under contract on a two bedroom condo in Denver. She is really happy. It has nice open Mountain View’s. She closes 12-05-19.

We have an accepted offer on ours and went through all the inspections now. We are set to close on 11-25-19. So fingers crossed on both of them. Ours is the week we go to Molokai so hopefully we’ll be able to do some celebrating!:)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Taro Pies are back in stock at the McDonalds on Kūhiō, yeah. :cheer::)

163458F9-51CE-4B07-8BA9-32401B705701.jpeg

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Her abilities change daily but last week we walked all the way to Lulu’s and around by the beach and shops. We put on about 2.6 miles and she was fine. We bought one of those walkers that has wheels and brakes and you can use it as a seat also.

While I was at work one day she walked 1.8 miles with any pain or the walker. The next day she put on 1.1 miles with the walker and was sore.

She is doing better and is getting used to walking daily. The walker helps when she is not sure of herself and she always has a seat if she needs one. It helps a lot.

My daughter just found out the sellers excepted her offer in a condo in Denver. She ended up buying a two bedroom and my wife and I were talking about our apartment and she is glad we are living in Waikiki and she really does see living anywhere else while we are on Oahu so it has worked well. I told her she could look elsewhere and we can move to a different apartment but she said the only thing she would like is a lanai. She said it would be too expensive to get something different and she likes where we are. Especially for the price. While we can pay more, we are both fine with what we have for a few years here.

it has worked out well so far and I’ happy and surprised by how everything did work out in the end. :thumbup:

We have found Waikiki to be one of the most convenient places to live in Hawaii without a car. The other areas we like are Ala Moana and parts of Kakaako. While I know you have cars, your posts don't speak about your driving fun times, you speak about your walking fun times!!

I understand your wife's desire for a Lanai. We have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in a Studio much of the time without a Lanai, however, when we do have one we love it. One of the requirements that we made when we bought our condo was to have a Lanai. The one we bought has an unobstructed view of Diamond Head. I don't know how much you are paying but I have seen 2 BR apartments in the building we bought in for about $2500/month.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have found Waikiki to be one of the most convenient places to live in Hawaii without a car. The other areas we like are Ala Moana and parts of Kakaako. While I know you have cars, your posts don't speak about your driving fun times, you speak about your walking fun times!!

I understand your wife's desire for a Lanai. We have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in a Studio much of the time without a Lanai, however, when we do have one we love it. One of the requirements that we made when we bought our condo was to have a Lanai. The one we bought has an unobstructed view of Diamond Head. I don't know how much you are paying but I have seen 2 BR apartments in the building we bought in for about $2500/month.

Yes, we haven’t driven around much yet. I figured that would happen after I was working. I work a long day so that doesn’t leave much time afterwards. Weekends have been doing a few things around the apartment and then checking out something around Waikiki. We will eventually get to where we will explore more of the island. There is a lot to do and see. A day off during the week will be nice for exploring.

We only pay $1,550 a month for our small one bedroom. We would rather not spend the extra money for only a few years but we’ll see if we change our minds as time goes on.

A lanai was a big one for us with our Molokai condo and we love sitting out there so that’s what my wife is missing.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, we haven’t driven around much yet. I figured that would happen after I was working. I work a long day so that doesn’t leave much time afterwards. Weekends have been doing a few things around the apartment and then checking out something around Waikiki. We will eventually get to where we will explore more of the island. There is a lot to do and see. A day off during the week will be nice for exploring.

We only pay $1,550 a month for our small one bedroom. We would rather not spend the extra money for only a few years but we’ll see if we change our minds as time goes on.

A lanai was a big one for us with our Molokai condo and we love sitting out there so that’s what my wife is missing.

We don't have a car in Honolulu, but we do rent one for a day once in a while to explore other parts of the island that are more convenient to get to and get home from with a car rather than the bus. You definitely should explore the North Shore as well as the Windward side. We have yet to explore beyond Ko Olina on the Leeward side.

That is a very good price for a 1 BR in Waikiki. One thing about being in Waikiki without a Lanai is that there is so much going on that you don't sit around the apartment you get out and walk around all the time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We don't have a car in Honolulu, but we do rent one for a day once in a while to explore other parts of the island that are more convenient to get to and get home from with a car rather than the bus. You definitely should explore the North Shore as well as the Windward side. We have yet to explore beyond Ko Olina on the Leeward side.

That is a very good price for a 1 BR in Waikiki. One thing about being in Waikiki without a Lanai is that there is so much going on that you don't sit around the apartment you get out and walk around all the time.

Yes, we will be getting around and checking the island out. The big difference is that I’m still working. The perils of having to work in paradise. :)
I put in a long day so not much time during the week but we can still get out in Waikiki and check things out. it is getting dark earlier too.

We’re not rushing things, we have plenty of time to check out the whole island. We’re just enjoying everything right now. I drive home after work and still can’t believe we live in Hawaii now. :D
We are very blessed. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, we will be getting around and checking the island out. The big difference is that I’m still working. The perils of having to work in paradise. :)
I put in a long day so not much time during the week but we can still get out in Waikiki and check things out. it is getting dark earlier too.

We’re not rushing things, we have plenty of time to check out the whole island. We’re just enjoying everything right now. I drive home after work and still can’t believe we live in Hawaii now. :D
We are very blessed. :thumbup:

Yes I remember the days and nights when I worked; I just came home, had dinner, relaxed a little and went to bed. The weekends were the fun time. At least you have no yard work to do on weekends and can enjoy the sun, the beach, and Hawaii without all the work that comes from having a house with a yard.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes I remember the days and nights when I worked; I just came home, had dinner, relaxed a little and went to bed. The weekends were the fun time. At least you have no yard work to do on weekends and can enjoy the sun, the beach, and Hawaii without all the work that comes from having a house with a yard.

Yes, no yard work! I knew once I started staying in timeshares that I would retire to a condo.
They are redoing the whole pool and patio area in our complex. It is supposed to be done in March. Can’t wait for that. We’ll be out there a lot. We use ours all the time on Molokai.
one Thing we haven’t done yet that I thought we would have by now is go to Bishops Museum. We will do that soon. We have never been there and we’re looking forward to that. So that will be soon.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, after you’ve gone to the Bishop Museum, make sure you tour Iolani Palace. It completes the story of the Hawaiian Monarchy.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, after you’ve gone to the Bishop Museum, make sure you tour Iolani Palace. It completes the story of the Hawaiian Monarchy.

Dave

Yes, both. I love history and am always wanting to learn more about Hawai’i.