• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hula Grill Tonight

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We went to the Hula Grill tonight after we signed the closing documents on our house in Wisconsin. It was a perfect night. All the Hawaiian Islands are under a flood warning but the rain has been spotty on Oahu.

I had Marlin and Opah and my wife had the Farm Noodles. Then we had Pineapple Coconut Creme Brûlée and Chocolate Pono Pie.

The sky was beautiful and the night was perfect.

1DB7EF58-FFE8-4A73-899D-456F141EF642.jpeg
EB67DAFC-684A-47BC-AA4B-56AABB37C2AC.jpeg
2B4EE4E6-3DBA-42CD-B7F7-A97397374B79.jpeg
505938EF-10E4-409A-8FB5-6907E9B7E93D.jpeg
F6013F58-706B-4FA9-9C8F-171D266268E0.jpeg
59D29089-3570-48FF-A992-030DBB6EC5E5.jpeg

Attachments

• 2254E714-215F-4B8B-8476-8B2266F7A320.jpeg
    2254E714-215F-4B8B-8476-8B2266F7A320.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 25

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We went to the Hula Grill tonight after we signed the closing documents on our house in Wisconsin. It was a perfect night. All the Hawaiian Islands are under a flood warning but the rain has been spotty on Oahu.

I had Marlin and Opah and my wife had the Farm Noodles. Then we had Pineapple Coconut Creme Brûlée and Chocolate Pono Pie.

The sky was beautiful and the night was perfect.

View attachment 15074 View attachment 15076 View attachment 15077 View attachment 15078 View attachment 15079 View attachment 15080

We have been to Hula Grill a number of times. Great views and good fish.

We go to the early 6:30 show at Blue Note which is on the same floor quite often. We don't have drinks at Blue Note since the drinks are really expensive; $9 for a bottle of standard beer or $15 minimum for a standard glass of wine. The doors open at 5:00 but we usually get there early since the best seats are on a first come basis. We will either bring an insulated coffee cup with our beverage of choice that we finish while waiting on line for the doors to open, or walk over to the Hula Grill during Happy Hour for drinks that are less than 1/2 the price of Blue Note. We usually have Short Ribs, which are great, for dinner at Blue Note before the show starts to cover the $10 per person minimum and just have water to drink with the Short Ribs.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Congratulations on finalizing the selling of your house!! Glad to see everything turned out well. :cheer:

What will you do with all your free time now? The last 5 months have been a real whirlwind. Finally time to relax.:D

Menards has a pre-lit 5' palm tree in the Christmas section. Do you need me to send the link? :rolleyes:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations, Jeff! It’s been one heck of a journey for you both. You deserve to take a step back, and really enjoy what you’ve accomplished. Very, very proud of you!

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Congratulations!!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You are definitely living the dream.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Very nice! Congratulations!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
SO glad that the house sold? Did you get the price you wanted/needed? Now the next chapter TRULY begins...

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations on finalizing the selling of your house!! Glad to see everything turned out well. :cheer:

What will you do with all your free time now? The last 5 months have been a real whirlwind. Finally time to relax.:D

Menards has a pre-lit 5' palm tree in the Christmas section. Do you need me to send the link? :rolleyes:

Thank You, that palm tree may come in handy here. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations, Jeff! It’s been one heck of a journey for you both. You deserve to take a step back, and really enjoy what you’ve accomplished. Very, very proud of you!

Dave

Thanks Dave. Feels like we have come far and we still talk daily on how we can’t believe we are here. I wonder how long it will be until we lose that feeling. :shrug:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reactions: Xan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SO glad that the house sold? Did you get the price you wanted/needed? Now the next chapter TRULY begins...

Yes, we did very well, only 5% below ask and it was really much more than I would have thought but I really wasn’t keeping an eye on the market.

I really think with the house being sold, even my wife has been pretty relaxed. But I’m sure being retired helped that too.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thank You, that palm tree may come in handy here. :)

I think the Menards distribution center would get a kick out of sending one to Hawai'i :D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks Dave. Feels like we have come far and we still talk daily on how we can’t believe we are here. I wonder how long it will be until we lose that feeling. :shrug:

I think because you have a goal to retire to your Molokai condo, the feeling of wonder won’t really go away. I’d suggest you make the most of your time on Oahu, so you don’t regret not seeing more when you move to Molokai.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think because you have a goal to retire to your Molokai condo, the feeling of wonder won’t really go away. I’d suggest you make the most of your time on Oahu, so you don’t regret not seeing more when you move to Molokai.

Dave

Good point and we are starting on Saturday by going to the Bishop Museum. We always wanted to go and we plan to spend most of the day there. :thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Good point and we are starting on Saturday by going to the Bishop Museum. We always wanted to go and we plan to spend most of the day there. :thumbup:

Thats an excellent start! There is plenty to see, and the Polynesian exhibits are amazing. Afterwards, maybe on Sunday, go to Iolani Palace to see the rest of the Hawaiiana story the Bishop will start for you. Be sure to have your wife take her walker inside the Bishop - seats to rest on are few and far between. She'll feel better having it with her.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thats an excellent start! There is plenty to see, and the Polynesian exhibits are amazing. Afterwards, maybe on Sunday, go to Iolani Palace to see the rest of the Hawaiiana story the Bishop will start for you. Be sure to have your wife take her walker inside the Bishop - seats to rest on are few and far between. She'll feel better having it with her.

Dave

Thanks for the tip on the walker. I don’t think she planned on taking it but this may change her mind.

I was thinking of doing the Palace the same day but decided I don’t want to cut the museum short so we decided to do that on the weekend after we get back from Molokai.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the tip on the walker. I don’t think she planned on taking it but this may change her mind.

I was thinking of doing the Palace the same day but decided I don’t want to cut the museum short so we decided to do that on the weekend after we get back from Molokai.

If you do the Bishop justice, you'll fill your day. They have a pleasant cafeteria restaurant there where you can eat lunch, so you don't have to leave the grounds. The walker will be very handy there - I had very poor knees, (now have replaced both), and I remember being exhausted from standing so much. There is a LOT to see and read there, and prolonged standing wore me out. Plan ahead, take breaks, and enjoy the experience. Iolani Palace is a much shorter visit - usually just a couple of hours, tops. But rather than cram it in the same day, save it for the next day. You'll enjoy both visits better that way.

Dave

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only

Dave

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ionani Palace. Whenever I go to Hawaii I buy these passes

https://gocity.com/oahu/en-us/products/all-inclusive/attractions

I found them a great deal and gives me an itinerary of the activities I am going to do.

Here’s some pictures of inside the Palace to wet your whistle:

518e0830b42d441d2a209e8d5603180b.jpg
d496ea1224f190f1f3e9f8d10f9b71da.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

You are correct in just doing the Bishop Museum on Saturday. We have been there 3 times. They have rotating exhibits so that in addition to the permanent exhibits you will have new stuff to see each time you go. There is a lot to see and a few buildings. The walker with a seat for your wife is essential, if you stay all day and try to see everything you may need one also!

Check the days when you can get a docent tour of the Iolani Palace. I don't think they have them everyday. I know you work so you may have to go on Saturday.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You have done great in your relocation and have been a role model for us. We have learned a lot from your tips on the Estate Sale of your belongings as well as the sale of your residence.

As far as losing that special "can't believe we are here feeling", we have spent over 3 years worth of time in Honolulu over the last 11 years and still have that special we can't believe we are here feeling. When we are there we hate to leave. When we are home we can't wait to get there. We started out going to Hawaii for 3 months, this year we will be going there for 5 months, next year our plan is to go for 8 months. The following year may be who knows.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you do the Bishop justice, you'll fill your day. They have a pleasant cafeteria restaurant there where you can eat lunch, so you don't have to leave the grounds. The walker will be very handy there - I had very poor knees, (now have replaced both), and I remember being exhausted from standing so much. There is a LOT to see and read there, and prolonged standing wore me out. Plan ahead, take breaks, and enjoy the experience. Iolani Palace is a much shorter visit - usually just a couple of hours, tops. But rather than cram it in the same day, save it for the next day. You'll enjoy both visits better that way.

Dave

Yes, we plan on doing lunch there. We checked on that and it has a pretty good menu. So we plan on staying most of the day. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yes, we plan on doing lunch there. We checked on that and it has a pretty good menu. So we plan on staying most of the day. :thumbup:

I think the last time we went we arrived within an hour of opening. We did a leisurely walk through the exhibits, reading just about everything. We took maybe 45 minutes for lunch, sat in the sun for a little while, then went back indoors. We left around 3PM. It wasn't rushed, but it was definitely a full day.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have done great in your relocation and have been a role model for us. We have learned a lot from your tips on the Estate Sale of your belongings as well as the sale of your residence.

As far as losing that special "can't believe we are here feeling", we have spent over 3 years worth of time in Honolulu over the last 11 years and still have that special we can't believe we are here feeling. When we are there we hate to leave. When we are home we can't wait to get there. We started out going to Hawaii for 3 months, this year we will be going there for 5 months, next year our plan is to go for 8 months. The following year may be who knows.

That’s great, I hope we never lose that feeling. It helps when I talk to people at work. They like hearing about Wisconsin and our move here.

If you are here for 8 months next year we should be able to get together and meet somewhere for a drink, my treat.:thumbup:

Last edited: