• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Beach House

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesamirage

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cat... I agree that the boards should remain nice... I guess I shouldn't let certain points of views and replies bother me. I'm glad I can help if/when my comments may have helped. To be honest, only having owned Hyatt for 3 years now, I have learned alot from others... Seth was a fantastic help on my first purchase and he didn't even have a vested interest, he took my phone calls, answered questions.. etc.. that really is the spirit of TUG. Second, Kal has always been a HUGE resource for Hyatt info and is always willing to help. I think TUG works best when how "good" of a deal you may or may not have got is left out of the conversation.... many of our best TUG members made their first purchases from the developer... its what we learn from TUG members that makes TUG wonderful..... and I still have alot to learn.

I have decided to sell my Starwood interest, only because we can't afford to many timeshares... or even more important we can't use all the time we have! So we sold our Westin Kierland unit (reluctantly) so that we could pick up another Hyatt week and be basically mostly invested into one system we like. We will keep our Sheraton Desert Oasis units... they are the little cheap units that could! They pull AMAZING trades at reasonible MFs and entry costs. Even the lock off pulls 2 bedrooms Westins and Marriotts... and we have had luck renting them from Spring training in March as well.

Happy Hunting!!

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
What timeshare company did you buy this trought? What timeshare companies did you look at on the internet?

I got it from one of the internet resale sites where you leave your info and the owner calls you back. They had it listed for $6400 and the ad said they were willing to negotiate. When they called I offered $5000 and they said the lowest they would go was $5500. The person said they had a banked week and they would give it to me. When I asked how much all the closing cost would be, they said they would pick it up.

I don't know their situation but they probably needed some quick cash or just couldn't use it anymore and didn't want to keep paying maintenance.
Whatever the reason I am happy.

I had something similar happen when I bought the Grande Vista. I seen an ad on an internet website listing an every year gold week for $5000. I sent the person an email and offered $4000. They emailed me back and said the best they could do is $4500, but they would pay the closing cost.

Now this deal gets even stranger. It turned out that the agent for the seller was in Mexico. So, I got nervous and said I wasn't going to send my money to someone in Mexico that I didn't even know. The seller actually lives in The Villages in Florida. That made me even more suspicious so I told them I didn't want to go through with the deal. The agent emailed me back again and said the seller was willing to complete the closing without me sending any money. They told me once Marriott had completed the transfer, I could send the money.

Well I waited thinking this was a joke and a few months later I received an email from the timeshare company stating the transfer had taken place. A few days later I got the letter from Marriott modifications confirming it. I then sent the money. This all happened this year.

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

Just to let you know I just came to an agreement with the seller for $5500 at the Windward Pointe. This is an annual Silver week. They are going to pick up the closing cost including the Hyatt transfer fee and it includes a banked week.

Sorry guys I am a member of the family.

Enjoy!

Make sure you report back on the ROFR status. If it gets thru Hyatt it's a good price. If you plan on using the owned unit every year things will work out fine for you. Otherwise we'll be awaiting all the questions on how to best work thru the points program for multiple stays.

We'll also anticipate the routine concern that you don't have enough points to get the full value out of the system.

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Make sure you report back on the ROFR status. If it gets thru Hyatt it's a good price. If you plan on using the owned unit every year things will work out fine for you. Otherwise we'll be awaiting all the questions on how to best work thru the points program for multiple stays.

We'll also anticipate the routine concern that you
don't have enough points to get the full value out of the system.

I have a question for you now Kal. When you want to rent out your week with Hyatt are you only allowed to rent out the actual week and unit it shows on your deed. Or can you also reserve another week at another resort and rent that out as well.

The reason I ask is I got in trouble with Interval World by making an exchange and then renting out the week on Ebay. I gave the renter a guest certificate from interval. However, it turned out the person that rented it from me on Ebay called Interval and asked them some questions. Interval didn't tell the renter I wasn't suppose to rent out exchanged weeks, but they suspended my account. After I talked to them they reinstated it.

So I was thinking that since Interval is not involved with Hyatts internal trading that you may be able to do this.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can ONLY rent out the unit/week that you own. The HVC rules are very clear on this.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a wild transaction. So what exact internet site did you buy from?

thanks

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a wild transaction. So what exact internet site did you buy from?

thanks

I found the ad for the Grande Vista purchase on The Resort Network website and the broker was Caribbean Resales.

Last edited:

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the ad for the Grande Vista purchase on The Resort Network website and the broker was Caribbean Resales.

saturn28

YOU are FOS!!!! You do not own a HYATT that is the FACTS!!!

Or should I say CFOS (Canadian)!!!!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if there is some substance to the fabled purchase, it won't be completed until after Hyatt's 30-day ROFR review period.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Per BBS Rules I've deleted this post
Please be nice to each other.
Bill4728

We're suppose to play nice here. No reason for name calling or shouting.

He may have found a great deal. Now we have to wait to see if it passes ROFR. Just because you might believe it's a deal that's to good to be true is little reason to start calling names or typing in something more than caps, which indicates shouting.

Last edited by a moderator:

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're suppose to play nice here. No reason for name calling or shouting.

He may have found a great deal. Now we have to wait to see if it passes ROFR. Just because you might believe it's a deal that's to good to be true is little reason to start calling names or typing in something more than caps, which indicates shouting.

I will post it whether the deal makes it through Hyatt ROFR or not. The sales agreement will be sent to me next week to sign. Then I will send it back and wait.

With Marriott if the closing company emails the request to them it used to take 3 to 4 days to get a reply. However, I believe it takes longer than that now because of all the request. I don't know how long Hyatt takes but I believe I read here up to a month.

mesamirage

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you at least let us know what where you found the posting that you bid on? The actual website, no harm in that right? or if its a broker can I have the contact info, since I am looking to add another week, no harm in that right?

Thanks in advance.

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you at least let us know what where you found the posting that you bid on? The actual website, no harm in that right? or if its a broker can I have the contact info, since I am looking to add another week, no harm in that right?

Thanks in advance.

If Hyatt waives their right to purchase, send me a pm and I will see if we can work out a deal.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Cmon Saturn,
easy enough question to answer...
If you dont----- we will know - what we suspected all along - that you are not being truthful

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't want a deal.. just the contact info.... Thx

Yeah right. Can you say not going to happen.
:hysterical:

And if you don't believe me. So what, do you really think I care.

Do you think I am here seeking your approval like some adolescent child. I am here to get info and if someone is interested in my experience or view, I will give it. If their not than just skip over my post and threads.

If you want to find deals on resales just do a google search for the timeshare you are looking to buy. It's that simple.

Now quit bumping this thread to the top every day. Since I won't supply you with the sellers contact info, the thread should have no interest to you. Just let it die.

However, for those interest in what makes it through ROFR I will update once I get word.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a little information for those of you that are interested in searching the titles for timeshares you are interested in purchasing in Key West. You will be able to see if there are any mortgages or liens on the week, which may be helpful when purchasing a week, and the price that was paid.

This is also very helpful if you can't find your deed and need a copy of it for a resale. The closing companies will charge you for doing this so why not do it yourself.

Click on this link

http://www.clerk-of-the-court.com/default.asp

1) Once the page comes up click on "Search Official Records."

2) Click on that you "Agree" with the terms and conditions for using the search.

3) Under application menu click on "Official Records"

4) A new window will popup. Now under the heading "Searches Available" click on "Name."

5) You can now enter the persons name. Make sure you enter the last name first then the first name. If you just want to see how it works, enter any last name and it will search all people with that last name.

6) Under the "Search as " heading click on "Both"

7) Enter a date range that you want to search.

8) Under "Document Type" you can leave it blank and it will search all the criteria or you can scroll down the list and choose "Deed, Warranty Deed, Quit Claim Deed, Mortgage, and Lien." Then click on the greater than arrow after highlighting each item and they will be added to the "Selected Types List."

NOTE: The Warranty Deed and Quit Claim deed search will show resales. The Deed search will show weeks bought from the Developer.

9) Now click on "Go Search" and a new window will popup with the results.

10) Under the "View Heading" click on the magnifying glass icon beside the name you are looking for and a copy of the deed will be able to be viewed in the window that pops up.

11) Now maximize the browser window and click on "View Index." A new window will popup for you to see the price that was paid for the week.

---------------------------------------------------

Search All Sales at any Resort

If you want to search to see all the resales at a particular resort, choose to search "Date and Document Type." Once the window pops up enter in any date range you want, then select "Warranty Deed." This will bring up all the resales in that time period for all resorts. You will have to scroll down the list and select the resort you are looking for. This will enable you to see the price paid for every resale during that time period.

-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I'm seeing here is someone who wants information from knowledgeable owners but is unwilling to share any information he has with others. As we've noticed various TUG posters have been very willing to help the poster, but the poster would not provide a shred of information to anyone who has provided help.

It seems very odd that the website where a person might find an opportunity to find another Hyatt cannot be provided.

Note to self: Disregard any further questions about the Hyatt System from selected posters.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why get mad at Saturn28? I also would not disclose the site where I buy the timeshare until the timeshare registered to me and closed. What if someone else offer more money and the seller decide not to complete the transaction. Look what happen when someone disclose that he get a deal for $5000 for 2000 Hyatt points. Noone believe him.
http://www.sellmytimesharenow.com/details.php?idadd=358960

You just have to look around everywhere for deal. Deal may be at one site only once. All the frequent used resale site is posted in the Buy and Sell Forums.

Saturn28,
Good luck with your purchase. Let us know whether it pass ROFR.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
No one is mad at Saturn- We are just on to him- He got upset when I called him on it-
You believe him-
I d like to- but I dont-
No big deal
I agree with Kal
This is a forum where people share-

The Conch Man

Reaction score
Kal's my man & we have been owners for a long time of which you don't know nothin bout altho you & Mesamirage need lots of help ~~ :hysterical: At least I don't have to read "Vote for ....... 15 times a day" ~~

mesamirage

TUG Member
Reaction score
..."have been owner" .... you don't know nothin ...you & Mesamirage need lots of help

Thats what I like about you Conch Man... you always add such insight and positive tone to the boards. Are you still an owner now?? or a "have been owner" ??

Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.