TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Hyatt Entry Point

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by Alfonso, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Sapper

Sapper TUG Member

Did you work sales for Hyatt? You are killing me with the imagery! Haha. Just thinking of escaping the Houston heat in August for the cool refreshing ocean breeze while relaxing on the balcony with those views.

2. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, HGVCx2
    *Laughing* No, I didn't work sales for Hyatt. If I did, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. But I certainly do enjoy offering advice on Highlands Inn as I think it's one of the great spots in all the world to relax and enjoy the bountiful beauty of nature. And you're right: enjoying a dinner while watching the sunset at Pacific's Edge Restaurant just kind of rounds out the whole experience.

Sapper likes this.
  3. Alfonso

Alfonso Guest

You mentioned price per point. I have heard for HGVC $1 per point was fair. I know that it may vary a little but what do you think a good price per point would be for Hyatt?

4. Sapper

Sapper TUG Member

I do look forward to going back. Thank you for the help.

5. Sapper

Sapper TUG Member

HGVC is a point system, so it's easier to make general, broad statements, such as $1 pr point (though there are some exceptions to the general rule). With Hyatt, because you are buying a combination of four things, it is much more difficult to make a general statement. What four things? 1) specific location, 2) specific unit, 3) specific date, 4) number of points. For example, at the Highlands Inn (specific location), an ocean view will go for more than a garden view (specific unit). A summer week may be more desirable to you because your kids are out of school, while a spring week may be more valuable to someone who likes watching the whales move north up the coast (specific date). Last, the easiest to gauge, number of points... a 2200 point unit is worth more than a 1400 point unit. Everyone is different, and what they value is different. There is a Key West Fantasy Fest week on EBay for what I would consider a crazy asking price, however, someone else may be happy dropping $33k for that week. Also on EBay is an Aspen week 7 one bedroom for nearly three times the price (it was, they lowered it a tad) of the Key West week... and I considered it. Why? Because for me (week 7 is a week most schools have off, so kids are out of school, and the skiing is still good on week 7, AND it's an amazing property) it checks a number of boxes which are important to me. In the end, I snapped out of it and decided my wife would kill me. Haha.

*edit. There's a fifth. Maintenance fees. Piñon Point has the lowest maintenance fees per point. If you were looking solely for a trader, on going cost per point would be more important than the other things I listed.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 1:30 AM
    WalnutBaron likes this.
  6. Alfonso

Alfonso Guest

Has anyone stayed at Pinion Point? I am looking at a unit (1812) for sale. I got a hold of a map but have no point of reference. Looking for info on the view and surrounding area.

7. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    I looked at that one too, and decided to pass because it's a ground floor unit, and those units have a lot of bad reviews. I bought a second floor unit instead.

BagsArePacked likes this.
  8. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, HGVCx2
    They are hard to find, but I recommend buying in Buildings 1-5 on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. The numbers would be 121 or 131 through 521 or 531, for example. Views from these locations are amazing.

BagsArePacked likes this.
  9. dagger1

dagger1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HWOR, HMSS, CWA
    I was looking at HPP reviews on TripAdvisor recently and there was a negative comment about room 1811 which I assume is in the same building as 1812. There apparently was no view at all and the folks were moved to a better unit. They didn’t specify how poor the view was, just that they asked to move.

10. sts1732

sts1732 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sunset Harbor Key, west
    Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
    We are in bldg. #6 second floor, it sits directly behind commons area/pool. Very nice view of entire valley, snoopy rock, and most important a short walk in the morning to wildflower bakery for coffee in the morning.

11. Sapper

Sapper TUG Member

Ditto on looking at 1812. I think, because of its poor location, if I were to go for it, it would be used solely as a trader... which goes against my "stay where you want to go" theory. To be interesting, it would have to go cheap, and I don't think it will because of everyone else thinking of using it as a trader. Also, if it were to go as inexpensively as I would like, I think it would be grabbed by Hyatt in ROFR.