• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Points Question

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
I am in the process of buying resale and was thinking of adding another contract. If the first contract is for 1400 points and I add another contract worth 1800 points, will I be able to combine the contracts and use 3200 points as a pool for a reservation? Will the two contacts be in one account or two separate accounts?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same account as long as the owner names are exactly the same. Two contracts will be two maintenance fees.

For the points to work best, you need to have the owned weeks very close to each other. Worst case is they are separated by 26 weeks. The 1400 point week will be at low season while the 1880 point week will be a higher quality season.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
One thing that is different (and slightly annoying if I understand it correctly) is that even though you may own two or more weeks and they are deeded the same and in the same account and have a single Hyatt II account, you pay the same annual program fee for each week. Most other systems with multiple ownerships in the same account (for example Marriott enrolled weeks, SVN weeks, Bluegreen, ect) you pay either a single annual fee in addition to MF or one for your first week and a smaller one for additional weeks.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
One thing that is different (and slightly annoying if I understand it correctly) is that even though you may own two or more weeks and they are deeded the same and in the same account and have a single Hyatt II account, you pay the same annual program fee for each week. Most other systems with multiple ownerships in the same account (for example Marriott enrolled weeks, SVN weeks, Bluegreen, ect) you pay either a single annual fee in addition to MF or one for your first week and a smaller one for additional weeks.

Thank you
What was the annual fee amount for 2016?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
So correct me if I'm wrong... if I buy two different resorts resale, those points will not be combined, yet, they will be available to possibly be used together depending on if the weeks are close enough to "overlap" so to speak? In other words two 1,400 point contract would not become 2,800 points in my account but they would show as two 1,400 points and could be combined as 2,800 if the weeks are within equal use time of each other? Thanks

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So correct me if I'm wrong... if I buy two different resorts resale, those points will not be combined, yet, they will be available to possibly be used together depending on if the weeks are close enough to "overlap" so to speak? In other words two 1,400 point contract would not become 2,800 points in my account but they would show as two 1,400 points and could be combined as 2,800 if the weeks are within equal use time of each other? Thanks
Example: you own week 15 and week 40. Between week 15 and 40 you can use the points from week 15 only. At week 40 you can combine both until week 14 of the next year, when week 15’s Points expire, at which point you only have week 40’s Points. So to summarize, the weeks you buy can be combined between the start of the second week and the expiration of the first. Hope this makes sense to you.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Example: you own week 15 and week 40. Between week 15 and 40 you can use the points from week 15 only. At week 40 you can combine both until week 14 of the next year, when week 15’s Points expire, at which point you only have week 40’s Points. So to summarize, the weeks you buy can be combined between the start of the second week and the expiration of the first. Hope this makes sense to you.
Yes it does. Thanks

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Wonder if you could clarify. for example, In DEC 2018 I pay the maintenance fees for week 15 and week 40, 2019.
Wouldn't all the points combined be able to use if something available as soon as the points are deposited? (hope I'm using the right word) What about borrowing your points? is that an option once fees are paid?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could clarify. for example, In DEC 2018 I pay the maintenance fees for week 15 and week 40, 2019.
Wouldn't all the points combined be able to use if something available as soon as the points are deposited? (hope I'm using the right word) What about borrowing your points? is that an option once fees are paid?

The points will be combined as soon as the week 40 points are available. You will see it in your member statement. Hyatt will list your points as HRPP/CUP/LCUP/EEE. Technically the points are not combined until you give up the use of your unit. Once you have your week 40 points you will have a short period of time to determine if you want to transfer the week 15 points to EEE or keep them combined in CUP.

My rule is to never let my points fall under LCUP. LCUP points are too restrictive.

Your week 40 2019 points may be combinable for a short period of time with your week 15 2020 use. But you will have to look carefully at your time periods especially if you plan to transfer the points to EEE.

You will have the ability to borrow points but it is very restrictive. If I remember correctly you can do it only for a reservation within 60 days.

Hyatt has been good about sending emails notifying me about the various dates for my units. That helps a lot however I set up calendar warnings so I don't forget.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

No. They keep your money, without you being able to use the points early, so there is no sense in paying earlier than needed. Since mine are EOY, if I decide to use them as soon as they are issued, I have to prepay. Technically, my units are week 45 even and week 18 odd. I can use the points one year ahead when they are issued (45 odd and 18 even) but I always have to prepay, since usually the dues would not come until the use year.