• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Portfolio Points Program

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I was there for 3 hours. The salesman, Berton Spivy, a long time employee of Hyatt, was the lucky recipient of my barrage of questioning. He handled everything I threw at him with a calm demeanor and professionalism. Now, here are the answers to my questions.
He stated that 85% of legacy owners do not use their deeded weeks. He decided to drive that point home by telling me they had looked at my usage. He said I never used my deeded week at either property I own at and I stayed at a HRC Property 33 times since I became an owner. He further stated that 98% of current owners are not selling off their legacy units, but they are buying into the portfolio points program to give them more flexibility. He said that 30% of the current owners that are previewing the program currently buy into it. In the month of May, they have only seen three legacy owners completely convert to the portfolio program and give up their deeded weeks permanently.
When I questioned him about availability at the different resorts, he stated that the way the program is structured, there is availability at every one of them, including Hawaii. When I asked him how that was possible he stated the following. Portfolio members will be allowed to access our inventory( HRC) six months in advance just like we are. In addition, they will be allowed to access properties within PP one year In advance. I was further told there is not two waiting list, only one. There are nine properties with approximately 300 units/weeks that went into PP inventory. Currently there are no units that have been deposited from Breckenridge, Hawaii, Siesta Keys, or Beavercreek. However, he insists that the inventory will still be available for Portfolio members. When I told him I already had access to all of those resorts his rebuttal was there are "more locations" that will be opening up for the PP program. When I asked him to name somewhere he could not. He said they were just looking at the history of how Marriott works. He further indicated that some of the other benefits would be no booking fees and Three years to use your points without expiring. He also made it a point to tell me they're only 44,000 owners in the HRC program. he said portfolio will more than double that number.
They also told me that if I would buy into the portfolio program, my unit that I bought from a realtor would now become eligible to convert my points into world of Hyatt if I desired. The conversion rate is one point equals 43 World of Hyatt points. He states this is the only way that a resale unit can be granted that.
This is the points that we were offered. $20,000 would buy us 1000 points with the yearly fee of $830 for maintenance. I was told, that I didn't need that many points and they can offer me the following options. 660 Point is the least amount they sell and it is $13,200. Next is 780 points and it is $15,600 last one is 880 points and it is $17,600. They will offer a bonus of World of Hyatt points with the last two. 50,000 and 75,000 respectively.
There is also an executive portfolio program for members with 2201 to 4399 portfolio points. The priority access reservation window is open from 12 months to six months prior to arrival. Reservations made he made up to one day prior to arrival. You can confirm a specific unit, Floor level or view for an additional 75 portfolio points at time of booking. You can request reservations up to 18 months prior to arrival using your portfolio points to access Hyatt residence club resort inventory. I will take a picture and upload that information. So, clearly they are being told they can access our inventory.
I was not convinced to buy into this new program as all it did was seem to make me question what the next tactic would be to get me to ante up more money. I would be interested in hearing what some of you are intending to do. Thanks for listening folks!View attachment 6945

Great report! Thanks for it!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
The only reason H.P.P. members have access to Club inventory is that most of the members belong to both. New owners that buy in that don't own a week do not have access to Club inventory. We confirmed this with many Hyatt folks. Only ones saying differently are in sales.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I was there for 3 hours. The salesman, Berton Spivy, a long time employee of Hyatt, was the lucky recipient of my barrage of questioning. He handled everything I threw at him with a calm demeanor and professionalism. Now, here are the answers to my questions.
He stated that 85% of legacy owners do not use their deeded weeks. He decided to drive that point home by telling me they had looked at my usage. He said I never used my deeded week at either property I own at and I stayed at a HRC Property 33 times since I became an owner. He further stated that 98% of current owners are not selling off their legacy units, but they are buying into the portfolio points program to give them more flexibility. He said that 30% of the current owners that are previewing the program currently buy into it. In the month of May, they have only seen three legacy owners completely convert to the portfolio program and give up their deeded weeks permanently.
When I questioned him about availability at the different resorts, he stated that the way the program is structured, there is availability at every one of them, including Hawaii. When I asked him how that was possible he stated the following. Portfolio members will be allowed to access our inventory( HRC) six months in advance just like we are. In addition, they will be allowed to access properties within PP one year In advance. I was further told there is not two waiting list, only one. There are nine properties with approximately 300 units/weeks that went into PP inventory. Currently there are no units that have been deposited from Breckenridge, Hawaii, Siesta Keys, or Beavercreek. However, he insists that the inventory will still be available for Portfolio members. When I told him I already had access to all of those resorts his rebuttal was there are "more locations" that will be opening up for the PP program. When I asked him to name somewhere he could not. He said they were just looking at the history of how Marriott works. He further indicated that some of the other benefits would be no booking fees and Three years to use your points without expiring. He also made it a point to tell me they're only 44,000 owners in the HRC program. he said portfolio will more than double that number.
They also told me that if I would buy into the portfolio program, my unit that I bought from a realtor would now become eligible to convert my points into world of Hyatt if I desired. The conversion rate is one point equals 43 World of Hyatt points. He states this is the only way that a resale unit can be granted that.
This is the points that we were offered. $20,000 would buy us 1000 points with the yearly fee of $830 for maintenance. I was told, that I didn't need that many points and they can offer me the following options. 660 Point is the least amount they sell and it is $13,200. Next is 780 points and it is $15,600 last one is 880 points and it is $17,600. They will offer a bonus of World of Hyatt points with the last two. 50,000 and 75,000 respectively.
There is also an executive portfolio program for members with 2201 to 4399 portfolio points. The priority access reservation window is open from 12 months to six months prior to arrival. Reservations made he made up to one day prior to arrival. You can confirm a specific unit, Floor level or view for an additional 75 portfolio points at time of booking. You can request reservations up to 18 months prior to arrival using your portfolio points to access Hyatt residence club resort inventory. I will take a picture and upload that information. So, clearly they are being told they can access our inventory.
I was not convinced to buy into this new program as all it did was seem to make me question what the next tactic would be to get me to ante up more money. I would be interested in hearing what some of you are intending to do. Thanks for listening folks!View attachment 6945

Thanks for the great post update report! Apologize in advance for segmenting your post, but there was just so many items to comment on.

1. He further stated that 98% of current owners are not selling off their legacy units, but they are buying into the portfolio points program to give them more flexibility. No surprise here - HRC owners may occasionally grumble about difficulty obtaining reservations at popular properties/seasons or the issues if they're an owner at Hacienda Del Mar, however they are typically content with their Hyatt ownership.

2. He said that 30% of the current owners that are previewing the program currently buy into it. Based on what others here on TUG are saying and all the post owner update conversations with other owners at the pool, somebody is lying - either the salesman with his 30% or the owners at the pool that said they didn't buy. My money is on the salesman as the liar.

3. In the month of May, they have only seen three legacy owners completely convert to the portfolio program and give up their deeded weeks permanently. No surprise here. Other than someone that is too lazy or uninformed on how to use their HRC ownership, there is just no advantage to giving up your deed. If they buy into HPP, they can elect to deposit their deeded week to HPP on annual basis - it just provides more flexibility to keep the deed and by able to play on both sides of the fence. Note: if someone doesn't know how to use what they own in HRC, I question if they'll know how to use what they own in HPP.

4. When I questioned him about availability at the different resorts, he stated that the way the program is structured, there is availability at every one of them, including Hawaii. When I asked him how that was possible he stated the following. Portfolio members will be allowed to access our inventory( HRC) six months in advance just like we are. In addition, they will be allowed to access properties within PP one year In advance. I was further told there is not two waiting list, only one. There are nine properties with approximately 300 units/weeks that went into PP inventory. Currently there are no units that have been deposited from Breckenridge, Hawaii, Siesta Keys, or Beavercreek. However, he insists that the inventory will still be available for Portfolio members. Access to non-HPP properties is via the wait list. Just the same as HRC owners exchange their deeded week at their home resort for a different property. This is the same internal exchange scenario that has existed in the Hyatt program since 1994.

5. When I told him I already had access to all of those resorts his rebuttal was there are "more locations" that will be opening up for the PP program. When I asked him to name somewhere he could not. He said they were just looking at the history of how Marriott works. He further indicated that some of the other benefits would be no booking fees and Three years to use your points without expiring. I firmly believe Marriott buying ILG could be the savoir of the HPP program as it is failing miserably under ILG.

7. He also made it a point to tell me they're only 44,000 owners in the HRC program. He said portfolio will more than double that number. In his dreams - I firmly believe he is smoking crack or drinking too much of their own salesman coolaid.

8. They also told me that if I would buy into the portfolio program, my unit that I bought from a realtor would now become eligible to convert my points into world of Hyatt if I desired. The conversion rate is one point equals 43 World of Hyatt points. He states this is the only way that a resale unit can be granted that. Being able to "Hyattize" a resale week is a perk used to entice HRC resale buyers to buy HPP - I'm thinking that's somewhat of a kick in the groin to HRC retail buyers that buy into HPP (they paid retail prices twice). If you own more than one resale week and buy 660 HPP points they'll allow one of the resale weeks to be Hyattized - you'd have to buy additional HPP points to Hyattize additional resale weeks. As noted here on TUG numerous items, converting a week in a 2 bd TS unit to WOH points is not the best use of a deeded week. The conversion rate is 1 to 45 for Premier members and 1 to 50 for Elite members.

9. This is the points that we were offered. $20,000 would buy us 1000 points with the yearly fee of $830 for maintenance. I was told, that I didn't need that many points and they can offer me the following options. 660 Point is the least amount they sell and it is $13,200. Next is 780 points and it is $15,600 last one is 880 points and it is $17,600. They will offer a bonus of World of Hyatt points with the last two. 50,000 and 75,000 respectively. The "you don't need that many points" is the standard line to HRC owners - which is true if you elect to deposit your deeded week to HPP every year as you'd have enough points to confirm a nice unit/vacation - but if you didn't deposit to HPP, how nice a unit/vacation are you going to have with 660 HPP points?

10. There is also an executive portfolio program for members with 2201 to 4399 portfolio points. The priority access reservation window is open from 12 months to six months prior to arrival. Reservations made he made up to one day prior to arrival. WOH went to different tiers a couple of years ago and it provides different perks based on the number of points an individual has - that same concept has been carried over HPP. Executive is 2201 to 4399 points - Premier is 4400 to 6599 points - Elite is 6600 or more portfolio points. Each level has additional perks of reservation windows within HPP.

11. You can confirm a specific unit, Floor level or view for an additional 75 portfolio points at time of booking. All based on availability. Expect that to be true with HPP units - seriously question how that is possible on a wait list confirmation of an HRC unit (the HRC unit deposited isn't known until its most likely deposited at the HRPP to CUP roll date - and the reservation confirmation is an automated matching to a wait list request - that would suck if your confirmation for a ski week got passed over because you had a preference for a particular view or unit.)

12. You can request reservations up to 18 months prior to arrival using your portfolio points to access Hyatt residence club resort inventory. I will take a picture and upload that information. So, clearly they are being told they can access our inventory. No doubt because there is only one wait list.

13. I was not convinced to buy into this new program as all it did was seem to make me question what the next tactic would be to get me to ante up more money. I would be interested in hearing what some of you are intending to do. Wise choice grasshopper.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only reason H.P.P. members have access to Club inventory is that most of the members belong to both. New owners that buy in that don't own a week do not have access to Club inventory. We confirmed this with many Hyatt folks. Only ones saying differently are in sales.

I'm not in sales, so don't shoot me - but I believe/say that HPP has access to HRC club inventory. There is only one wait list - and both HPP and HRC can be on the same list regardless of their type of ownership.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great post update report! Apologize in advance for segmenting your post, but there was just so many items to comment on.

1. He further stated that 98% of current owners are not selling off their legacy units, but they are buying into the portfolio points program to give them more flexibility. No surprise here - HRC owners may occasionally grumble about difficulty obtaining reservations at popular properties/seasons or the issues if they're an owner at Hacienda Del Mar, however they are typically content with their Hyatt ownership.

2. He said that 30% of the current owners that are previewing the program currently buy into it. Based on what others here on TUG are saying and all the post owner update conversations with other owners at the pool, somebody is lying - either the salesman with his 30% or the owners at the pool that said they didn't buy. My money is on the salesman as the liar.

3. In the month of May, they have only seen three legacy owners completely convert to the portfolio program and give up their deeded weeks permanently. No surprise here. Other than someone that is too lazy or uninformed on how to use their HRC ownership, there is just no advantage to giving up your deed. If they buy into HPP, they can elect to deposit their deeded week to HPP on annual basis - it just provides more flexibility to keep the deed and by able to play on both sides of the fence. Note: if someone doesn't know how to use what they own in HRC, I question if they'll know how to use what they own in HPP.

4. When I questioned him about availability at the different resorts, he stated that the way the program is structured, there is availability at every one of them, including Hawaii. When I asked him how that was possible he stated the following. Portfolio members will be allowed to access our inventory( HRC) six months in advance just like we are. In addition, they will be allowed to access properties within PP one year In advance. I was further told there is not two waiting list, only one. There are nine properties with approximately 300 units/weeks that went into PP inventory. Currently there are no units that have been deposited from Breckenridge, Hawaii, Siesta Keys, or Beavercreek. However, he insists that the inventory will still be available for Portfolio members. Access to non-HPP properties is via the wait list. Just the same as HRC owners exchange their deeded week at their home resort for a different property. This is the same internal exchange scenario that has existed in the Hyatt program since 1994.

5. When I told him I already had access to all of those resorts his rebuttal was there are "more locations" that will be opening up for the PP program. When I asked him to name somewhere he could not. He said they were just looking at the history of how Marriott works. He further indicated that some of the other benefits would be no booking fees and Three years to use your points without expiring. I firmly believe Marriott buying ILG could be the savoir of the HPP program as it is failing miserably under ILG.

7. He also made it a point to tell me they're only 44,000 owners in the HRC program. He said portfolio will more than double that number. In his dreams - I firmly believe he is smoking crack or drinking too much of their own salesman coolaid.

8. They also told me that if I would buy into the portfolio program, my unit that I bought from a realtor would now become eligible to convert my points into world of Hyatt if I desired. The conversion rate is one point equals 43 World of Hyatt points. He states this is the only way that a resale unit can be granted that. Being able to "Hyattize" a resale week is a perk used to entice HRC resale buyers to buy HPP - I'm thinking that's somewhat of a kick in the groin to HRC retail buyers that buy into HPP (they paid retail prices twice). If you own more than one resale week and buy 660 HPP points they'll allow one of the resale weeks to be Hyattized - you'd have to buy additional HPP points to Hyattize additional resale weeks. As noted here on TUG numerous items, converting a week in a 2 bd TS unit to WOH points is not the best use of a deeded week. The conversion rate is 1 to 45 for Premier members and 1 to 50 for Elite members.

9. This is the points that we were offered. $20,000 would buy us 1000 points with the yearly fee of $830 for maintenance. I was told, that I didn't need that many points and they can offer me the following options. 660 Point is the least amount they sell and it is $13,200. Next is 780 points and it is $15,600 last one is 880 points and it is $17,600. They will offer a bonus of World of Hyatt points with the last two. 50,000 and 75,000 respectively. The "you don't need that many points" is the standard line to HRC owners - which is true if you elect to deposit your deeded week to HPP every year as you'd have enough points to confirm a nice unit/vacation - but if you didn't deposit to HPP, how nice a unit/vacation are you going to have with 660 HPP points?

10. There is also an executive portfolio program for members with 2201 to 4399 portfolio points. The priority access reservation window is open from 12 months to six months prior to arrival. Reservations made he made up to one day prior to arrival. WOH went to different tiers a couple of years ago and it provides different perks based on the number of points an individual has - that same concept has been carried over HPP. Executive is 2201 to 4399 points - Premier is 4400 to 6599 points - Elite is 6600 or more portfolio points. Each level has additional perks of reservation windows within HPP.

11. You can confirm a specific unit, Floor level or view for an additional 75 portfolio points at time of booking. All based on availability. Expect that to be true with HPP units - seriously question how that is possible on a wait list confirmation of an HRC unit (the HRC unit deposited isn't known until its most likely deposited at the HRPP to CUP roll date - and the reservation confirmation is an automated matching to a wait list request - that would suck if your confirmation for a ski week got passed over because you had a preference for a particular view or unit.)

12. You can request reservations up to 18 months prior to arrival using your portfolio points to access Hyatt residence club resort inventory. I will take a picture and upload that information. So, clearly they are being told they can access our inventory. No doubt because there is only one wait list.

13. I was not convinced to buy into this new program as all it did was seem to make me question what the next tactic would be to get me to ante up more money. I would be interested in hearing what some of you are intending to do. Wise choice grasshopper.

I strongly agree that PPP is likely history (or will be significantly devalued by Marriott). There is little doubt the program is a huge flop.

bdbrecheen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I'm not sure if he is saying there are 300 unit-weeks from EACH property, or 300 total. We can do some arithmetic on this:
Let's assume there are 80 units per resort and 50 weeks per year. That equals 4,000 unit-weeks for each resort or for 9 resorts the number is 36,000 unit-weeks. Now with his number of 300 unit-weeks for each property that's 7% in the HPP. For all 9 resorts, that number is 0.8% in the HPP.

In the case of Sunset Harbor (February 2018) there were 20 unit-weeks in the HPP. And this is the basis to buy in???? It doesn't even pass the sniff test.
I did ask for clarification on this issue as well and he said 300 unit weeks from each property. So if 1 unit generates 52 weeks than that is the equivalent of roughly 6 units. He did further stated that all new buildings at Coconut Plantation and Wild Oak Ranch would be put in to the portfolio points program only. My response was there are still the original buildings for me to book into so how is that a benefit for me as an owner? If you are not bringing any new properties to the table that are only accessible by only the portfolio program then I fail to see how it could possibly benefit me.

Reactions: bdh

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did ask for clarification on this issue as well and he said 300 unit weeks from each property. So if 1 unit generates 52 weeks than that is the equivalent of roughly 6 units. He did further stated that all new buildings at Coconut Plantation and Wild Oak Ranch would be put in to the portfolio points program only. My response was there are still the original buildings for me to book into so how is that a benefit for me as an owner? If you are not bringing any new properties to the table that are only accessible by only the portfolio program then I fail to see how it could possibly benefit me.

Total number of HPP unit/weeks varies by property. Whatever unsold week inventory Hyatt had when they made the switch to selling points was dumped into the HPP Trust. Based on what has been confirmed by Hyatt sales, there's 20 units at Sunset Harbor and lots of units at Windward Pointe. Beach House was pretty much sold out, so there might be 75 units in HPP. None of the units in Bldg 7 and 8 at WP were sold as weeks - with 12 units per bldg x 51 weeks (1 week is maintenance week) x 2 bldgs puts approx 1225 units into HPP. Wild Oak had approx 1000 unsold weeks left in the original buildings and the 2 new bldgs that will be all HPP puts approx 2225 units into HPP. Not sure how many unsold weeks were left in the original Coconut Plantation bldgs, but the 2 new bldgs would put another 1225 into HPP. The rumor of a new property in Key West (if it ever happens) would be all HPP.

All of that said, in general it doesn't matter too much the how many units are at each property as the majority of the reservation confirmations will come from the wait list via HRC units that roll from HRPP to CUP at any property - and could be pulled by an HPP or an HRC owner. There will be some exceptions where it does matter how many HPP units are at a property. ie: Sunset Harbor has the highest percentage of owners in the system that use their deeded week, so there isn't a high number of HRC or HPP exchangers.

Until there are new/different locations for HPP than the current HRC locations, there's limited merit to be an HPP owner. Unfortunately, some HRC owners are falling prey to the sales pitch and buy HPP thinking it will solve the difficulty they've had with confirming reservations at high demand properties and seasons.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not in sales, so don't shoot me - but I believe/say that HPP has access to HRC club inventory. There is only one wait list - and both HPP and HRC can be on the same list regardless of their type of ownership.
A portfolio owner that does not own a club week can not wait list for Hawaii or Siesta Key etc. so even though there is only 1 wait list they won't be on it. I am not worried about portfolio but am anticipating needing to do something with Marriottt in the future as we also never use our set weeks.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
A portfolio owner that does not own a club week can not wait list for Hawaii or Siesta Key etc. so even though there is only 1 wait list they won't be on it. I am not worried about portfolio but am anticipating needing to do something with Marriottt in the future as we also never use our set weeks.

That would be good if members that own only HPP can't access HRC units and I hope that is the scenario - but I hadn't heard that from Hyatt before.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That would be good if members that own only HPP can't access HRC units and I hope that is the scenario - but I hadn't heard that from Hyatt before.
We heard it from owners services and from the manager at Cocunut Plantation. From sales I heard the opposite, that basically we would never be able to exchange as everyone would be in portfolio.

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I haven’t been allowed by Hyatt, to go to a presentation, I have a question. Let’s say I join HPP. I elect to keep my deeded week. I die and my kids now have my deeded week and my points. Are they part of HPP with the same rights as I had? Or, do they have to buy HPP points all over again, if they want to participate? Discuss.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Since I haven’t been allowed by Hyatt, to go to a presentation, I have a question. Let’s say I join HPP. I elect to keep my deeded week. I die and my kids now have my deeded week and my points. Are they part of HPP with the same rights as I had? Or, do they have to buy HPP points all over again, if they want to participate? Discuss.
I'm assuming you own both HPP and a fixed week legacy unit in the scenario you're presenting. If you include the passing of HPP points to your kids in your will, they will be the recipients of those points with the same ownership rights you had. Of course, they also inherit the annual maintenance fee obligation--and they will have the option to refuse to receive the HPP and the MF obligation if they choose to do so by notifying Hyatt of their wishes.

In addition, they will have the option to keep your deeded week as well. I would think that the intrinsic value of the deeded week (assuming it is either a Platinum or Diamond week) is much higher than the value of the points.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see how it plays out. Is there a right of survivorship clause in the contract? If the "asset" is in the will, does the beneficiary have to accept the HPP points (and MF)? What if no one wants the HPP points? The $13K purchase price could be gone if there is no way to sell the points. If you die, the spouse will likely receive everything you had in your name.

It might be nice to have an option to selectively discard anything Hyatt on the passing especially considering the future cost of the MF. 6%/year compounded annually is like real money.

bdbrecheen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, let me offer this info that I was given from 3 different salesmen at 2 different resorts, Coconut Plantation and Windward Pointe. All 3 of them stated that people who are in the HPP can go on the wait list 12 months in advance of a desired reservation date to stat at ANY of the HRC properties, including the one that have no weeks deposited in them. This includes Hawaii, Breckenridge, Lake Tahoe, etc. They will be allowed to access the properties as part of their program. Now, whether they get a confirmed reservation remains to be seen.

bdbrecheen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, let me offer this info that I was given from 3 different salesmen at 2 different resorts, Coconut Plantation and Windward Pointe. All 3 of them stated that people who are in the HPP can go on the wait list 12 months in advance of a desired reservation date to stat at ANY of the HRC properties, including the one that have no weeks deposited in them. This includes Hawaii, Breckenridge, Lake Tahoe, etc. They will be allowed to access the properties as part of their program. Now, whether they get a confirmed reservation remains to be seen.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is information from sales. I would ask that question to owners services and see what your answer is. I hear lots of false information from sales and put little stock in fear tactics. Maybe the information is accurate but base it on asking a neutral party with no ulterior motive.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before we get our tails in a knot, just remember the number of HPP owners is very small. Plan in advance and they won't do to much damage to the legacy program. Most importantly, DO NOT listen to anything from the lips of the hucksters. Believe only what you see in written rules. The slide show is only meaningful if you have a bag of popcorn. Don't consider the slide show as written material. Read the hardcopy.

An owner friend walked away looking at the "value" of using HPP points for non-timeshare usage i.e. Interval, Hotels, airfare, etc. All this without ever looking at the points schedule for using those options. I'll have to admit, I don't know anyone who has seen that schedule. If someone has it, please share.

Rick E

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Point
OK, folks. We did an “update” on Saturday. It was our first, as i was given the week at Piniion Point by my fathers. We were All ready to say not to buying more timeshares/points. Well, they had some great points, as we have never used our week. Just 2 Hyatt weeks in 9 years of ownership. Otherwise, we deposit in II. Well, we said no and they came back with the closer, i guess. She offered us the following, and we signed up. I’m wondering if you ALL would say no, with having the 2 years to decide. The deal was............

48,000 WOH points...... 3, or 4 nights at a Hyatt.
4 nights at one of 5 resorts.
2 or 3 other small benefits.

It cost us about 1,600 dollars, that is bing financed over 16 months at 0 percent. This gives us the right to pay 20 bucks per point any time in the next 2 years. I’m thinking since there is so much uncertainty in the new system, that this may be an OK deal.

I know most will say “NO.” But, again, with the wait period, maybe some would say...... “eh.”

I can still use my “free look period” and cancel if we choose. Just trying to make the right decision.

thanks for all the help here.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
OK, folks. We did an “update” on Saturday. It was our first, as i was given the week at Piniion Point by my fathers. We were All ready to say not to buying more timeshares/points. Well, they had some great points, as we have never used our week. Just 2 Hyatt weeks in 9 years of ownership. Otherwise, we deposit in II. Well, we said no and they came back with the closer, i guess. She offered us the following, and we signed up. I’m wondering if you ALL would say no, with having the 2 years to decide. The deal was............

48,000 WOH points...... 3, or 4 nights at a Hyatt.
4 nights at one of 5 resorts.
2 or 3 other small benefits.

It cost us about 1,600 dollars, that is bing financed over 16 months at 0 percent. This gives us the right to pay 20 bucks per point any time in the next 2 years. I’m thinking since there is so much uncertainty in the new system, that this may be an OK deal.

I know most will say “NO.” But, again, with the wait period, maybe some would say...... “eh.”

I can still use my “free look period” and cancel if we choose. Just trying to make the right decision.

thanks for all the help here.

The 48K WOH points is only 2K short of the number of points you need for two nights at a high end Hyatt.

4 nights at a resort you want to visit? What size room? What seasons are available?

But the real reason you should just say "no" and cancel is that you will be subjected to another sales pitch during your 4 night stay. If you succumb to that sales pitch (and you are on the cusp of succumbing to this one), it will cost you thousands of dollars. The easiest way to avoid the problem is to say "no" now.

Besides, the $1,600 deal isn't that good of a deal anyway.

Rick E

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Point
Vtime1

We aren’t exactly high end folk. It’s also 2k points shy of 5 nights stay in a Hyatt place. Worth $400 + - easy.

Wild oak, coconut, Carmel and 2 others that we would be happy visiting. A 1 bedroom suite is offered with option to pay $50 per night for a 2 bedroom upgrade to bring the kids or another couple. Availability, I’m sure, is not great. But with our 1240 points, we’ve been trying to jump through hoops for years. Once more wont be so bad.

Yes. Another sales pitch would be required. Sure we could say no (kinda) again. The only reason we did this one (so far) is because we had 2 years to decide. On the big purchase and what might happen to the program.

I appreciate you looking out for us.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
They're baiting you with small stuff. The next step is to pay $13,000 for only 660 HPP points that are pretty much worthless. If you think the $1600 deal is a value, then do it. But remember, the stays are based on availability at those 5 resorts and you have to cover transportation to get there. The WOH points does not get you into a high quality Hyatt, just the low to mid-range stuff.

Keep your eye on the $13,000 price tag!

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Vtime1

We aren’t exactly high end folk. It’s also 2k points shy of 5 nights stay in a Hyatt place. Worth $400 + - easy.

Wild oak, coconut, Carmel and 2 others that we would be happy visiting. A 1 bedroom suite is offered with option to pay $50 per night for a 2 bedroom upgrade to bring the kids or another couple. Availability, I’m sure, is not great. But with our 1240 points, we’ve been trying to jump through hoops for years. Once more wont be so bad.

Yes. Another sales pitch would be required. Sure we could say no (kinda) again. The only reason we did this one (so far) is because we had 2 years to decide. On the big purchase and what might happen to the program.

I appreciate you looking out for us.
Looking at this dispassionately, here is what you've bought: 1) a nice vacation for about $400/night in a 1BR timeshare unit (maybe...sometimes, they put you in a nearby hotel); WOH points that will get you almost 2 nights in a standard Hyatt property--nothing deluxe; 3) the reality that you will be undergoing a second high-pressure sales pitch for the Points Program, which is a complete waste of about $13,000 (for example, right now you can buy 2 2BR Platinum units at Pinon Pointe for about the same amount of money).

If it's not too late to rescind on what you've bought, rescind. If it is too late, book your return trip to Pinon Pointe and be absolutely determined NOT to sign a single purchase document for the Points program.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is information from sales. I would ask that question to owners services and see what your answer is. I hear lots of false information from sales and put little stock in fear tactics. Maybe the information is accurate but base it on asking a neutral party with no ulterior motive.

In my previous call/conversation with the Go Hyatt agent, they said that HPP can make and confirm HRC reservations via the wait list. Anyone else heard anything when talking to Go Hyatt reservations?

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my previous call/conversation with the Go Hyatt agent, they said that HPP can make and confirm HRC reservations via the wait list. Anyone else heard anything when talking to Go Hyatt reservations?

I really don't see this as too relevant. MVC is likely to either do away with PPP or make it irrelevant. They are not likely to keep/promote a system that is not making them $. I strongly suspect they will create a system, like the one they created at Marriott, allowing people to buy in at a nominal cost.