• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Residence Portfolio

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Keep in mind current HRC owners have NOT received any type of official notification as to our options regarding HPP.
Unless, where you live, has the new program, legally they can't release anything so that may be why there is nothing in writing.At least that is what they told us. We initially bought into Hyatt because we had a great salesman in Sedona who shared how he made use of and stretched his points to trade. We bought resale, but were impressed with him. Lately since the new program has been introduced I have not
had good experiences with owner's updates and plan to avoid Hyatt presentations, unless it is a promotion for a reduced rate stay. We will still check out Marriott and Westin presentations. As far as the residence side of Hyatt we still love it and have nothing but good things to say.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the "shared access" that is being mentioned? I am under the impression that the two systems are totally separate and that the points owners will only have access to any units that have enrolled in points and that HRC owners ONLY would have access to the legacy deeded units available. Am I correct?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
My take is "shared access" means HRP members only have access to specific HRC units which are deposited by HRC owners who joined the HRP program. HRC owners would not have access to HRP units and HRP owners would not have access to the vast majority of HRC legacy units.

Sharing is very limited.

melroseman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just sat thru the program in Key West. Can't imagine buying 660 points at $20.00 each just to have availability of "trust" access in 9 resorts. The remaining benefits are surely not worth the price and it sounds like Maui will never be in the program based on the maintenance fee disparity. The promise of a few uncertain future urban locations is not a sufficient incentive to spend over $13,000 to buy in. As a Hyatt fan I hope they can get some modifications that increase the value....

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Can't imagine buying 660 points at $20.00 each just to have availability of "trust" access in 9 resorts. The remaining benefits are surely not worth the price and it sounds like Maui will never be in the program based on the maintenance fee disparity. The promise of a few uncertain future urban locations is not a sufficient incentive to spend over $13,000 to buy in.
You've captured in three sentences the central reason why HRP is floundering. HRP does offer members a distinct series of benefits: 1) advantageous access to the 9 resorts included in the program, beginning at 6 months out; 2) more flexibility through a points platform to choose among those resorts than the fixed week ownership of HRC. But those benefits are clearly not worth paying $13,000 to access, not to mention the fact that ongoing maintenance fees are much higher than under the HRC program. As has been discussed here, there will be the so-called "lambs" who will buy out of ignorance of what the real market is, but for seasoned timeshare owners and particularly owners of HRC, there's just no chance.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
You've captured in three sentences the central reason why HRP is floundering. HRP does offer members a distinct series of benefits: 1) advantageous access to the 9 resorts included in the program, beginning at 6 months out; 2) more flexibility through a points platform to choose among those resorts than the fixed week ownership of HRC. But those benefits are clearly not worth paying $13,000 to access, not to mention the fact that ongoing maintenance fees are much higher than under the HRC program. As has been discussed here, there will be the so-called "lambs" who will buy out of ignorance of what the real market is, but for seasoned timeshare owners and particularly owners of HRC, there's just no chance.

HPP was ill conceived from the start. Without participation from HRC members, they will have a very difficult time getting the inventory they need. I still predict, when Hyatt figures this out, current HRC members will be given an opportunity to convert permanently or on a yearly basis for a nominal cost. As is, HRC members will most likely never see an impact or if they do, the impact will be minimal, on their internal trading.

Reactions: bdh

noriega

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt
I just went to an owners presentation at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. The saleman had to nerve to call me dumb twice!?? He bashed the Airbnb the system...can't believe Hyatt has gone to this level. I didn't buy into the upgrade sale. It was 660 for $13k - What a rip off!!!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to an owners presentation at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch. The saleman had to nerve to call me dumb twice!?? He bashed the Airbnb the system...can't believe Hyatt has gone to this level. I didn't buy into the upgrade sale. It was 660 for $13k - What a rip off!!!

Sorry to hear this. I wonder if the HPP is failing to the point management is pressuring the sales staff to make a sale no matter what. Then the sales staff are stressed out at the lack of sales because no one is buying the overpriced product and taking it out on the folks who are smart enough to walk away (and buy resale HRC).

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I echo Sapper's sentiments. Very sorry to hear that a sales weasel had the temerity to call you "dumb"--and twice! That's totally uncalled for. And very un-Hyatt like.