• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I’ll bet I had the highest MVCI maintenance fees for 2019..any takers?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I added up what I paid on Friday to MVCI and it’s astounding.

I own 1500 DC points and 10 weeks...

My maintenance fees were $17,186.33

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
holy moly

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! Just Wow!

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean

You have me beat! I own 4 weeks and 4,750 DC points. I paid $9,000 total for ‘18 and haven’t added up my ‘19 yet but estimate it will be about $9,500.

I don’t rent anything out but use all our weeks and points. Although paying these fees during this 2 month period hurts a little it feels great when I’m booking my trips and not paying for lodging (and /or tour or cruise fees) with my credit card.

Happy Holidays to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Wow. Relatively speaking for timeshares that's a lot.

However if you owned a nice vacation home you would pay about that much per year plus the headaches of repair

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
A much better question is what multiple of value do you derive from your annual maintenance fees? We get typically 5x value for our $9000 annual maintenance fees... We can deal with that...

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am over $20K for just the Marriotts, and then I have all the other stuff...I am at $30K for all of them (but I rent what I don’t use and I actually come out ahead).

Timeshares rock.....

Best,

Greg

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
My maintenance fees for all our timeshares is somewhere between $16,000 and $17,000 per year. Marriott and Vistana are the biggest bulk of this. It is more than I thought. I guess I need to quit buying timeshares until I unload some things. At some point, I may need to rent some out too. I am happy with what we own because we get a lot of value. I used to spend about double this amount on vacations to stay in hotel rooms.We still do spend some out of pocket money on non-timeshare vacations too.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Not a Marriott owner but own many timeshares and the mfs add up. I have owned vacation homes in the past and still own a studio coop in Brooklyn where my mom still lives.

Paying the timeshare mfs are much cheaper then owning and maintaining an additional vacation home where I would want to. With timeshares I am paying for what I use, its not sitting empty most of the time, I do not have to worry about what’s happening when I am not there such as theft or hurricances, the management company takes care of it all.

If you can afford it and use them and enjoy them and don’t want the headaches of a second home, the accumulative mfs are not too high

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ours are now over $10k, which I never would have imagined. However, we love everything in our portfolio and like others get way more value from using them. I think I am now a full time vacation planner and doer! Love it!

Best regards.

Mike

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Happy paying $15,029 in 2019 for 11 weeks, 1 EOY, 3000 Asia Pacific Points and 1,000 Trust Points. Well worth it vs. owning a vacation home!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

I didn’t include my Disney Vacation Club maintenance fees ($5200, but I always rent them out for 3X myfees) or my incredibly reasonable Grandview ($845)
I also rent out my Marriott weeks but my DVC points are so much easier to rent that there’s no comparison.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Just let me add, we lose the fact that desirable vacation areas can be very expensive to rent hotel rooms. I have friends and family who have paid off season over $3000 for one week in a hotel room. If they go prime time to the same location it is more then double. Room rate, taxes, resort fees add up. And they think I’m nuts owning timeshares.:ponder: I can vacation many weeks in a timeshare for what one week of hotel rooms will cost.

Just as an example Marco Island, FL. Check out the rates. It makes timesharing mfs seem cheap.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We pay 3,000 for 5 timeshares total.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
No pain this month when I use our Hilton and Marriott cards to pay for our HGVC and MVC maintenance fees. I just use the discover card for our DVC dues for the 1.5% back.

The pain comes in January when I have to write checks to pay those charges :) ! When I use my weeks and points, it is nice not having a bill at the end. Except in Hawaii where you have to pay the TAT. Have to admit, timeshares have allowed me to stay at places I would have never dreamed of staying at.

We are now starting to rent our DVC points as my son has grown tired of Aulani and Disney in general. He did like the 14 nights in the Polynesian bungalows and Copper Creek cabins this past July. Also starting to cruise a lot more so we have excess weeks and points now. Will have to rent our Hawaii HGVC weeks now as there are not enough weeks in the year to use all our timeshares.

I will pay MVC over $30k for my Marriott weeks. Then add in the DVC and HGVC mf.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am not going to do that math. I really don't want to know. It's not nearly as much as you guys, we can easily afford it, and I know that on a per night basis it's a deal, but I still don't want to admit the amount to my husband, lol.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the average weekly cost and what is average nightly cost per vacation for 2018.

When we started over twenty-five (25) years ago. The average daily nightly cost was between $39.00 to $49.00.

Maintenance Fees, were under $400.00 per year.

There were no point clubs. Every timeshare vacation was a fixed week ownership.
You could only exchange thru RCI and II.