• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Need Help Using E-Plus to Retrade in II

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have been on TUG for over five years now, and I really should know this, but I don't. And I've been embarrassed to ask, but now I'm feeling the pressure of time, so have to bite the bullet.

In the middle of rehabbing from my hip over the winter (did I mention I inexplicably broke my hip, than walked on it for two weeks until I displaced it, requiring more-or-less emergency surgery between Christmas and New Year's?) I put in an OGS (although it might have been in open inventory; I can't recall) for a week in HHI during my daughter's Spring Break in March , and got a 2 bedroom Grande Ocean for the first week of her two-week break--our top choice. Score, right?

And, then, in the middle of the summer, while we were in Europe, the school sent out a schedule change, and we no longer have a two-week Spring Break! The break would start on the Thursday of that first week, which is the one we had booked. So that doesn't really make sense.

Luckily, I had paid for E-Plus, but I've never had to use it before. I don't have any other weeks in the system that I can use to search. Can I go ahead and click the "Start E-Plus Retrade?" Do I have to search from what is available in inventory or can I do another OGS? I know I have lost precious months, and that another HHI week may not be available for that week at this point, but I think I need to do it.

Any advice or knowledge of E-Plus would be of great benefit--thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Unfortunately, you no longer can start an OGS. You just need to check frequently manually using the start eplus retrade button and completing the exchange if you find something you want. If you make an eplus you do not get a 24 hr grace period but you would have any remaining eplus retrades to trade again if you trade into something that doesn't work for you.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I start the EPlus Retrade, do I have to confirm something if there is not something I want? Or do I need to have TUGGers help me look for a week until one pops up?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Starting an eplus retrade is like starting a regular manual search. You can search and nothing is changed or confirmed unless you click through several pages stating that you want to confirm a finalized eplus retrade and use up one of your X remaining retrades.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much--that's what I needed to know! I was worried that starting the EPLus locked me into having to confirm something immediately, and about whether or not I could do an OGS...Well, I know what I'll be doing many times a day between now and March, LOL! (And if one of you does spot a Marriott HHI week for the second week of March, or even Waterside or something similar, please let me know! :)

TUGgers are the best. I have no idea why I was feeling so self-conscious about asking. :)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a two bedroom at Bluewater--does anyone know anything about this resort? It's not ocean front, but is on the intercoastal, and it has an indoor pool (a must for my daughter at that time of year.) Any advice is appreciated!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've stayed at Bluewater around that time of year. It isn't ideal for your first or second visit to Hilton Head as there are more interesting areas and you will have to get in the car and drive 10-30 minutes depending on traffic and where you are going. The outdoor pool is heated but just barely and was too chilly except for the hardiest of children (like my 12 year old son). There might have been a day or two at the warmest part of the day where the pool was almost tolerable if you could get over the initial shock. There is an indoor pool as well. It is a nice resort and they have lawn games and activities. I believe they did institute a daily resort fee (it started after we were there but it was on the activity sheet crossed off that we received) so you will want to check on that.

I would probably take it as one eplus and keep an eye out for one of the 4 ocean front Marriott resorts and also Harbour Club.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, we've been to HHI well over a dozen times (for awhile, we were going every year,) but I've just never been to that resort. I wouldn't expect to be able to swim outdoors at that time of year (unless it was truly unseasonably warm,) which is why the indoor pool is kind of a must. I think I will let it sit there for right now. I personal wouldn't mind Monarch or Harbour Club, but neither of them has an indoor pool.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your owned week a Marriott?
You're looking for the week beginning March 8/9/10, correct?

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
You can also do a sightings request in the sightings forum so that others can keep an eye out for what you are looking for.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I don't, but I tend to see all the Marriotts as soon as they are out of preference. And yes, any date starting March 7. I might do the sightings request, too. You can tell I usually don't have any issue getting what I want with II in an OGS, which is why I am so kerfluffled by the whole schedule change.