• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I think I got another exchange on a 'glitch'

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has happened a couple of other times.

I searched the other day, and five lower rated timeshares were available for my 'fair' trader.

Then, I looked later, and more were visible-----I didn't even hesitate to scroll down to look at them----I IMMEDIATELY picked the HIGH rated one, put it on hold---then booked it.

When I was finished, I exited, went back in---and the original five were only visible.

I call it a 'glitch'----has it happened to you---and what do YOU call it?

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this RCI or II? Are you saying that you didn't have enough points or TPUs to make the exchange? With RCI, it's not a matter of High or Low. It comes down to points. Not sure how II works.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this RCI or II? Are you saying that you didn't have enough points or TPUs to make the exchange? With RCI, it's not a matter of High or Low. It comes down to points. Not sure how II works.

It was II; on a scale of 1-10, I traded about a 3 or 4, for a 9 (in my opinion).

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Where's the reveal?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I love glitch bookings. I got Northstar (Tahoe) one year for the week after Thanksgiving with an AC. We paid way more for our lift tickets than we paid for the week (~$250). That had to be a boo-boo, but we loved every minute. Of course that set the bar pretty high with my husband's family and they keep expecting me to get weeks like that all the time. :D

Enjoy the week - and the fun it was to find it! Those are the best weeks!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a Marriott Orlando for spring break.

Ironically, I saw a couple of TUGgers looking-----I hope they caught the 'glitch' at that moment.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can actually tell you how that happened because it happened to me once, maybe twice. If I got it right....

• People put in their requests for a week at resort A.
  • You won't see resort A because as people deposit their weeks at resort A, it is checked against the list of people who want that week at resort A.
  • However, someone who has the week you want at resort A decides they don't want to go and gives it back to II.
  • It is not checked against the list until the next morning (or overnight) and if you just happen to be searching during that time (when the week goes back to II and before it is checked against the list), congratulations, you're a winner!
I think it was my trade to the Ilikai in Hawaii that fell into my lap that way; might have been a different one. I also think that's how I got week 52 at the RIU the other day.

In any event, don't poke the sleeping bear and congrats!