• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I want to write a review but can't find my resort

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I'm just returned from the following WM resort and would like to write a review but can't find it in TUG's resort review system. This is really old resort ... so I'm quite surprised that it is missing in TUG's review list.

WorldMark Palm Springs
1177 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760) 416-4428
Fax (760) 323-1766

I suspect that the TUG reviews for 'WM Palm Springs' and 'WM PS Plaza Resort and Spa,' two different properties, have been merged together? If so, could these be separated to correct the situation?

Thx!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry, just saw this. It exists in the database.

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
sorry, just saw this. It exists in the database.
But that isn't the resort I wish to review. That is "Worldmark Palm Springs @ Resort Plaza and Spa." I want to review "Worldmark Palm Springs" which is on North Palm Canyon Drive. Different location.

FWIW, the Palm Canyon Drive location is the original WM in all of Palm Desert. The one at Resort Plaza & Spa is a far newer acquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what is the rci code for the resort in question?

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Is it #3978 ?

And the one he doesn’t want to review is #2524

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brian,

Would you ask one of the Moderators to look this over? I feel I've provided sufficient evidence of two different resorts with different locations (addresses). An extra set of eyes might be helpful to straighten out the problem.

Thank you.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
When dealing with WM resorts that need to be added or combined, refer to worldmarktheclub.com/resorts. It can get confusing.

The original WM in Palm Springs in the system for decades

WorldMark Palm Springs
1177 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262
RCI: WorldMark Palm Springs #3978
Interval: WPS

Another WM in Palm Springs added in the last year or two:

WorldMark Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa
2601 Golf Club Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264
RCI: Worldmark Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa #DD45
not in Interval

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bump.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, ive renamed them (rci site appears down, so i cant verify rci codes).

the plaza resort and spa has been around for many...many years...so its certainly not new.

perhaps wyndham recently bought it? or is it another dual affiliation type places where wyndham owns some rooms and the plaza resort owns/manages the others?

II still shows the plaza resort and spa as II CPH.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, ive renamed them (rci site appears down, so i cant verify rci codes).

the plaza resort and spa has been around for many...many years...so its certainly not new.

perhaps wyndham recently bought it? or is it another dual affiliation type places where wyndham owns some rooms and the plaza resort owns/manages the others?

Did you rename the ONE or did you split them so there are TWO?

That WM has inventory at the Plaza Resort/Spa is fairly new. Nobody claimed it was a new build -- just that it isn't the same as the original WM on N. Palm Canyon.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI

Brian,
Worldmark, through it's developer Wyndham, has been adding resorts via a variety of means. In the past few years, it's been mostly by buying existing complexes and converting them to timeshare or buying parts of other timeshares. This is a case of the latter as is the addition of some (but not all) Raintree units. Sometimes they split the inventory between Wyndham and Worldmark so it can all get to be very confusing.

Sue

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oops, something is still not right. The reviews for the WM Palm Springs claim the resort is pet friendly. I'm guessing these were meant for the ORIGINAL Plaza Resort & Spa, which also mention Pet Friendly. NONE of the Worldmark locations, including those in Palm Desert, are Pet Friendly. None. Zero.

And other stuff are still wrong.

1. The photos for both properties still show Plaza Resort/Spa not WM on Palm Canyon.
2. The resort name for WM Palm Springs is correct on the OVERVIEW page but not for the Resort Review page.

Please either fix these resorts or kill them and start them fresh? I suspect the merge of data, sometime in the past, may be irreversible.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
deleted

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
im a bit confused here at the terminology being tossed around...why dont we try to update just a single one first and make it correct and then we can move on to the other.

what needs to change on this one?

https://tug2.com/ResortOverview.aspx?WorldMark Palm Springs @ Plaza Resort and Spa&ID=12034

(note the name / url change will update overnight)

If this is intended to be WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort and Spa then the following needs to change:

Overall Title - Shows WM - Palm Springs NOT WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa
Address (as current address is WM Palm Springs)

Address for WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa is

WorldMark Managed
2601 Golf Club Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264
(760) 324-1802

Pictures shown appear to be WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa

Here is info on WM Palm Springs

WorldMark Palm Springs
WorldMark Managed
1177 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760) 416-4428
Fax (760) 323-1766

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Oops, something is still not right. The reviews for the WM Palm Springs claim the resort is pet friendly. I'm guessing these were meant for the ORIGINAL Plaza Resort & Spa, which also mention Pet Friendly. NONE of the Worldmark locations, including those in Palm Desert, are Pet Friendly. None. Zero.

From what I remember, Plaza is pet friendly. Wyndham website says
"The Plaza Resort and Spa is one of the only pet friendly vacation resorts in Palm Springs and California. This resort is situated right next to the Tahquitz Creek Golf Course and within easy reach of exciting Palm Springs restaurants, shops and attractions. This Palm Springs resort even offers plenty of activities and fun for the whole family, from organized weekend activities to the game-filled arcade room. The two outdoor swimming pools, fitness center, massage therapy studio, Wi-Fi, tennis and basketball courts keep guests fit and connected while on vacation. Save on baggage fees by packing light and using the onsite laundry facilities. This pet friendly (fee) resort is also a great place to enjoy the great outdoors in the barbecue picnic area."
link:
https://www.extraholidays.com/palm-springs-california/the-plaza-resort-spa

For reference, here is the link to the OTHER one in the area
https://www.extraholidays.com/palm-springs-california/worldmark-palm-springs

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
From what I remember, Plaza is pet friendly. Wyndham website says
"The Plaza Resort and Spa is one of the only pet friendly vacation resorts in Palm Springs and California. This resort is situated right next to the Tahquitz Creek Golf Course and within easy reach of exciting Palm Springs restaurants, shops and attractions. This Palm Springs resort even offers plenty of activities and fun for the whole family, from organized weekend activities to the game-filled arcade room. The two outdoor swimming pools, fitness center, massage therapy studio, Wi-Fi, tennis and basketball courts keep guests fit and connected while on vacation. Save on baggage fees by packing light and using the onsite laundry facilities. This pet friendly (fee) resort is also a great place to enjoy the great outdoors in the barbecue picnic area."
link:
https://www.extraholidays.com/palm-springs-california/the-plaza-resort-spa

For reference, here is the link to the OTHER one in the area
https://www.extraholidays.com/palm-springs-california/worldmark-palm-springs

No Worldmark resort allows pets period, full stop. Wyndham may be renting out the non-WM units at this resort and allowing pets but that is not true for the WM units.
From the Worldmark page for this resort:
  • Since this is a mixed use resort and WorldMark owns only some of the units, you may notice pets on the property and in some of the non-WorldMark owned units. Please comply with the WorldMark guidelines and make other arrangements for your pets.
Sue

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sooo, part of it is pet friendly?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
If this is intended to be WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort and Spa then the following needs to change:

Overall Title - Shows WM - Palm Springs NOT WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa
Address (as current address is WM Palm Springs)

Address for WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa is

WorldMark Managed

2601 Golf Club Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92264
(760) 324-1802

Pictures shown appear to be WM Palm Springs - Plaza Resort & Spa

Here is info on WM Palm Springs

WorldMark Palm Springs
WorldMark Managed

1177 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262
(760) 416-4428
Fax (760) 323-1766

ok im even more confused now as to what needs to be changed or added to correct what is currently listed for this resort. is it just the lack of a hyphen in the title? everything else looks exactly the same?

https://tug2.com/ResortOverview.aspx?Worldmark+Palm+Springs+Plaza+Resort+and+Spa&ID=11294

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

When I was considering buying a TS in the Palm Springs area for my mother I did a bit of research and that's how I know anything about these. From what I recall, legacy owners at Plaza have 'rights' to bring pets. As I recall, it was a hot issue that owners fought for. For all exchangers and renters the pet policy (like parking and other fees) may be up in the air. BUT, the official website for the resort is the Wyndhman link I posted above and it clearly states that the resort IS pet friendly. Obviously, policies like that may change, but that's what it says now: https://www.extraholidays.com/palm-springs-california/the-plaza-resort-spa

Here is the link to the Worldmark info, which Sue quoted: "Since this is a mixed use resort and WorldMark owns only some of the units, you may notice pets on the property and in some of the non-WorldMark owned units. Please comply with the WorldMark guidelines and make other arrangements for your pets." https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/pz/

But here's what's clear, none of the reviews about a pet friendly resort belong to the resort that the OP wanted to write a review for.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Neither the WM PS nor the WM PS Plaza Resort & Spa are pet friendly.

If other parts of Plaza Resort & Spa are pet friendly it is outside the context of this thread. This thread is attempting to separate and differentiate two nearby Worldmark resorts that have become mistakenly merged together.