• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II account if you own an unenrolled Marriott Week and a Hyatt Week

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
Our portfolio includes 2 enrolled weeks and 1 unenrolled post-2010 week. I noticed that Hyatt has some nice locations where there are no Marriott MVC's. I also learned that resale Hyatt weeks can internally exchange. My question is can a resale Hyatt week and my unenrolled Marriott week be combined together in a new Interval International account?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our portfolio includes 2 enrolled weeks and 1 unenrolled post-2010 week. I noticed that Hyatt has some nice locations where there are no Marriott MVC's. I also learned that resale Hyatt weeks can internally exchange. My question is can a resale Hyatt week and my unenrolled Marriott week be combined together in a new Interval International account?

No.

You have an II account included with your Hyatt MF's. You would have to set up a separate account for your Marriott week.

Hyatt does have some very nice locations. My favorite is the Highlands Inn in Carmel, CA.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
The thing to realize is that you cannot exchange your Hyatt week for another Hyatt week via Interval. You can only reserve Hyatt weeks through Hyatt Residence Club using their points system. And you don't need an II account for that. Through HRC, you can book 2, 3, 4 and 7 night stays into other Hyatt properties.

However, with your Hyatt unit you automatically get an II account as part of your MF. You can't have any other non-Hyatt weeks in that account. You use your II account to trade for non-Hyatt properties only.

Make sense?
In the Hyatt system:
Trade Hyatt for Hyatt: use HRC internal exchange system
Trade Hyatt for non-Hyatt: use II exchange system

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
Thanks for the helpful information. I never bothered to open a separate II account for our unenrolled week which we purchased in 2014. We have either used it or rented it. I was just thinking I could justify paying for an II account if it were for multiple weeks. I was intrigued by the Hyatt system as it does not seem to penalize resale buyers they way MVC does.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I was intrigued by the Hyatt system as it does not seem to penalize resale buyers they way MVC does.

Right now this is true but Hyatt is rolling out a new pure points system this year. They will start just selling points, not weeks, to new buyers. It's unclear what will happen with current owners, who now all own a deeded week which is assigned a certain number of points for trading purposes. Hyatt has recently been tinkering with those point values and has not indicated if current owners will be accommodated in any way in the new pure points system.

However if you have the stomach for unknowable change in Hyatts system but actually want to own a deeded week, the time to buy is now.

SunandFun83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
I was intrigued by the Hyatt system as it does not seem to penalize resale buyers they way MVC does.

The skim in the Marriott offended me. I think the DC points system is horribly overpriced, and, I decided to buy Hyatt. A 2,200 point diamond 2br at Coconut Plantation is the same no matter how you split it. You can reserve another diamond week at the same resort, no skim. You can reserve a 1br and a studio, no skim. You can reserve another resort ( many are hard to get) no skim. You do have to pay a small reservation fee. $39 reservation is much better than 10% skim on $2,500 maintenance fees.

I switched to Hyatt for points exactly in response to the Marriott skim. [Deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
To clarify, if I buy a deeded (with floating weeks as well) Marriott Week "resale", I can only trade to other Marriotts thru II?
No Marriott to Marriott trades?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
To clarify, if I buy a deeded (with floating weeks as well) Marriott Week "resale", I can only trade to other Marriotts thru II?
No Marriott to Marriott trades?
You can do Marriott to Marriott trades through II. You can't do any DC point trades since you would own an unenrollable week.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
You can do Marriott to Marriott trades through II. You can't do any DC point trades since you would own an unenrollable week.
That's what I thought, thanks. But what is the benefit of DC trades vs II trades?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
That's what I thought, thanks. But what is the benefit of DC trades vs II trades?

As I understand it, Marriott operates its' own internal exchange (outside of II) for owners who have either DC points or a week that is enrolled in the DC program that can be converted into points. This internal exchange based on points (instead of weeks) allows Marriott to Marriott trades of inventory comprised of either developer owned (unsold) points or individually owned weeks that have been converted to points and are now available for other points owners to reserve. Instead of the owner depositing the week with II, they converted it to points and gave the week to Marriott to place in their internal exchange inventory.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As I understand it, Marriott operates its' own internal exchange (outside of II) for owners who have either DC points or a week that is enrolled in the DC program that can be converted into points. This internal exchange based on points (instead of weeks) allows Marriott to Marriott trades of inventory that is not necessarily available through II.
Gotcha, that makes sense! More inventory with a DC point trade than with a II trade. So the main reason to buy Marriott "resale" would be to use your home resort... And the fact that you would save thousands of dollars...

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Gotcha, that makes sense! More inventory with a DC point trade than with a II trade. So the main reason to buy Marriott "resale" would be to use your home resort... And the fact that you would save thousands of dollars...
And you can still exchange it through II if you want. There is also the prospect that at some point, Marriott will open the door to allowing more resale weeks to be enrolled in the DC program than they currently do. It's happened once or twice for a limited time. It may happen again in the future.