• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Trade demand index

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I did an unsuccessful search...is there a data base of TDI number per resort. I was wondering about the TDI number and if one could use this to evaluate desirability of resorts. not sure what a low...average or high number might be for a particular type/location of a resort.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did an unsuccessful search...is there a data base of TDI number per resort. I was wondering about the TDI number and if one could use this to evaluate desirability of resorts. not sure what a low...average or high number might be for a particular type/location of a resort.

If you mean the number in yellow inside the black rectangle, disregard it.
The TDI scale is at the bottom of the graph. Lowest is 50. Highest is 150. Each square steps up by 5.

What are you searching for? What do you mean "an unsuccessful search"? Do you have an ongoing request set up in II?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a TDI chart per area (example TDI chart #13 is Hawaiian Islands) and the TDI chart number (13 in my example) has nothing to do with the trading power.
Only the values (TDI 50 to 150) inside the TDI chart are part of the equation of the trading power.
There is a TDI value per week. A TDI of 100 as example in 2 different areas doesn't means that both area have the same trading power nor all resorts in the same areas have the same trading power.
The TDI is just a variable of the unknown equation of II for the trading power.
II provide the TDI chart number for each resorts (click the travel demand index link under resort information of each resort to open the pop-up chart).

You can get all TDI charts in one place in the II TDI Charts section of my Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8NPz0Pmm6KZZYcVsMoMIrwenxcIYwT2gD62Y/pubhtml#

Here is what you will see when you will click on the travel demand index link of a resort on II
upload_2018-10-18_6-35-4.png

My spreadsheet looks like this

upload_2018-10-18_6-52-48.png

If you click on a chart number like 13 as example, you will get this
upload_2018-10-18_6-54-27.png

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
Thanks for the explanation and info!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no TDI per resort. It is a regional demand index only and has no bearing on the actual resort. It is also reflective of relative demand for the year and not true demand for the area. For example areas like Orlando, New Orleans, and Hawaii that have heavy visitors all year will have flatter TDI charts than places like HHI and further NE beach areas.