TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II: which week would you deposit

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by JulieAB, Mar 12, 2018.

1. JulieAB

JulieAB TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Plantation Resort Villas, Lifetime in Hawaii, MROP, Disney's Grand Californian
    I'm thinking about trying II with an MROP week. These are 2018. Which do you think would have the best trading possibility? We prefer 2 bedrooms, but can do 1 bedroom.

Powder Ridge, Utah, week 51 or 52, 2 bedroom
    Vacation Village at Fantasy World, orlando, week 52, 2 bedroom

2. basham

basham TUG Member

No one is rushing to answer this?

I'll take a stab. I looked at the TDI for both places and both show the max 150. Power Ridge weeks extend the 150 for a month or two following, VV was only for week 52 and 53 and subsequent weeks were less.

I thought I would compare the two in RCI, Powder Ridge got 21 Trading Power and the Vacation Villa probably got 18. I'm not sure I selected the right Vacation Villa, there were confusing choices.

Since RCI appears to value Powder Ridge more highly and the subsequent weeks have stronger values in II I'd use Powder Ridge for trading in II.

JulieAB and mauitraveler like this.
  3. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

With MROP, you can trade test the weeks. Call VRI to get a unit number for each resort. In II, run a test with each week in your MROP week, and see which week gives you better/more choices. I have done this in the past. I no longer deposit my MROP weeks into II because I use them in RCI.

JulieAB likes this.
  4. JulieAB

Resorts Owned:
    So since I don't have a II account, if I call II, will they look for me over the phone?

5. WalnutBaron

WalnutBaron TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Welk
    No, because you will need to give them an account number before you can get a rep to speak with you. I think bashan has given you some good advice. If it's a tossup for you, deposit Powder Ridge.

6. JulieAB

Resorts Owned:
    I called II and they said Vacation Villas at Fantasy World might trade better because it's a slightly higher tier than Powder Ridge. They said otherwise week 52 and 2 bedroom is equal. Not sure if it's worth the cost to find out.

7. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

I ran a quick trade test on my II account for you - I didn't see any difference between the two weeks. There probably is some slight difference, but I couldn't find it... When there is a bulk deposit in II of different size units/different seasons at the same resort, I can usually identify which units trade better.

JulieAB likes this.