• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I'm shocked!

myoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just searching Interval getaways, and I see that the Vidanta resorts in Riviera Maya have increased the daily charge to $30. (from $11.) per adult per day beginning April 2nd. Are others aware of this? Is this true of the other Vidanta resorts, also? I should think that given the recent security issues they would want to encourage, not discourage, tourists.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I was just searching Interval getaways, and I see that the Vidanta resorts in Riviera Maya have increased the daily charge to $30. (from $11.) per adult per day beginning April 2nd. Are others aware of this? Is this true of the other Vidanta resorts, also? I should think that given the recent security issues they would want to encourage, not discourage, tourists.
This has been mentioned in several threads. I haven't checked, but presume it applies to all Vidanta properties (especially NV).
Between RM and NV, we've been 6 times. I'm no longer shocked by the outrageous fees charged by Vidanta, but this latest increase probably means we won't be visiting for a 7th time. It would still be a decent deal for 4 of us, but I just won't do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They raised the resort fees at most locations, though some not up to $30 pppd.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The fee is not applicable if you rent from an owner. The fee was raised for rci exchangers about 3 months ago so it was only a matter of time before Vidanta upped the fees for II exchanges as well.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Nope. Owners pay a usage fee to Vidanta that covers everything except room charges for dining, etc., and taxes. In some of the resorts (Grand Luxxe) there is a coffee service in the morning they also charge for at a small rate. Owners also get some perks depending on the contract terms that a renter can use.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I was just searching Interval getaways, and I see that the Vidanta resorts in Riviera Maya have increased the daily charge to $30. (from $11.) per adult per day beginning April. ...

Net cost ( may be ) no more than owner MF -based on for April to June 2018 stays

Grand Mayan NV , RM - 2 bedroom - TPU 9 - sale
If your TPU cost is $30
$270 + $259 RCI exchange fee +$840 ( 4 people x 7 days x $ 30// less 25% credit to restaurant & room charges )

Net cost for week = $ 1159
including transport to resort from airport , full DAILY housekeeping and towel replacement and wifi .

Vidanta honours the resort fee listed at time of booking .
They removed the 2 RCI exchanges max per year / only one high season restriction that was the model from 2016 .
Resort fee is charged when you check in and the credit is applied when you check out .

As Eric has posted on other threads . This seems to be a balance between getting
new exchanger prospects for Sales , keeping the resorts full during non - snowbird seasons , and keeping the onsite restaurants etc busy by giving the 25% of RF cost back against the bill on check out .

If you arrange a rental from an owner , you avoid the resort fee .

Last time I checked - Vidanta Mayan Palace - Mazatlan did not have a resort fee listed on RCI .
Mayan Palace PV - Marina went from $ 7 to $ 20 ( net $15 after credit )

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Is this fee applicable if you rent from an owner?
Eric answered this, but keep in mind: Depending on your MF and number in your party, you may come out ahead by exchanging. Even at $30pppd, I can exchange into a 2BR GL, 4 people, for cheaper than the owner's usage fee (granted I don't get any owner perks); I just don't want to pay it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We are going next month and we are just paying $75 resort fee for the month.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We’re in GL RM now on an SFX exchange and only have the $75 resort fee. Made the reservation last July, but believe it’s still the same with them based on my last conversation with them.