• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In-N-Out Burger Now Faces a Truly Insane Problem...

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
In-N_Out Burger Now Faces a Truly Insane Problem That Almost No Other Company Has to Deal With. (And It Keeps Popping Up).
By Bill Murphy Jr/ Marketing/ Inc/ inc.com

"Seriously, who does this?

There are some truly evil people in this world.

We hear about crime, terrorism, and greed. And then there's an even more cruel category.

I'm talking of course about people who put up fake, professional-looking "In-N-Out Burger Coming Soon!" banners at construction sites around the country, in an effort to get people's hopes up that the iconic California-born burger chain will be opening up in their location.

It's not happening of course. Almost never is. In-N-Out is privately owned, and the company is adamant that it's not expanding past California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Texas, and Oregon anytime soon.

"I don't see us stretched across the whole U.S. I don't see us in every state," billionaire owner, Lynsi Snyder, told Forbes earlier this year. In fact, she said she doesn't see the company expanding east of Texas in her lifetime.

(She's 36, in case you read that "not in her lifetime" quote and were hoping to learn that she's as old as Colonel Sanders.)...."

getty_546065892_200013311653767347564_377998.jpg

Credit: Getty Images

Richard

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
That's funny. I love these kind of pranks.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Just had our second In N Out burgers on Tuesday or Wednesday. Fries are so so, but then so are everyone's since they removed trans fats. But the burgers really are very good -- and they have so much lettuce-tomato-onion that I feel like I've had salad too! Saw someone walk by with some French fry concoction that wasn't on the menu and remembered they have a "secret menu" too. Came home and looked that up. Next time we'll ask for grilled onions on our burgers since a whole slice is a bit much -- some caramelization should help, otherwise we need them to share one slice between two burgers.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Just had our second In N Out burgers on Tuesday or Wednesday. Fries are so so, but then so are everyone's since they removed trans fats. But the burgers really are very good -- and they have so much lettuce-tomato-onion that I feel like I've had salad too! Saw someone walk by with some French fry concoction that wasn't on the menu and remembered they have a "secret menu" too. Came home and looked that up. Next time we'll ask for grilled onions on our burgers since a whole slice is a bit much -- some caramelization should help, otherwise we need them to share one slice between two burgers.
You need to order their fries "extra crispy".

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
You can order your burger with raw onion or grilled onions or with both.

I always say that I want fries "well done." If that's still not good enough for you, you can say "extra well done."

The fries concoction you saw may have been animal fries, which are popular. The fries are topped with their sauce.

No one ever talks about one of the things I like best. There are freshly cut lemons next to the soft drink machine. I like to squeeze several lemons into my Diet Coke.

Another thing no one seems to talk about: the service is prompt, polite, and friendly.

Last edited:

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just had In N Out last Tuesday also. I keep forgetting to get my fries well-done. Oh well, next time.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We just had In N Out last Tuesday also. I keep forgetting to get my fries well-done. Oh well, next time.
I now order my fries well-done, or extra crispy, everywhere.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I had in and out burger twice while in Las Vegas and my family and I all agreed it is sooooo overrated. An average burger with too long of a wait. Shake Shack or 5 Guys Burger and fries can show them how to make good burgers.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have LITTLE interest in fast food burgers and fries. I worked 9 months as a teenager in a Gino's store (a Northeast chain with the KFC license plus burgers & fries, opening up in Jan 1970 in South Jersey).

Could eat as much and ANYTHING for 9 months while at Gino's .... still have a rule TODAY, NO McDonald's .. can tolerate Burger King, prefer Taco Bell or Subway over other fast food.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They built an In N Out in our town and we tried it, but we still go to Whataburger.

My wife likes In&Out, so we stop anytime we are out West. I believe it's better than McDonalds, but over rated... and Whataburger just dominates it.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Agreed that In N Out has a superior product, but for me, I can get exactly what I want at WAB with the least hassle. The only thing that torques me off is the obligatory "Do you want cheese on that?". If I had wanted cheese, I would have ordered it!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Can't get over all of the hamburger love in this thread! (I'm neutral on burgers). I get pretty excited about a great salsa and would go out of my way to get it, but hamburgers, nope. Vive la difference!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed that In N Out has a superior product, but for me, I can get exactly what I want at WAB with the least hassle. The only thing that torques me off is the obligatory "Do you want cheese on that?". If I had wanted cheese, I would have ordered it!

Haha, they want the extra 24¢ for the 1¢ slice of cheese. Great profit margin.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Can't get over all of the hamburger love in this thread! (I'm neutral on burgers). I get pretty excited about a great salsa and would go out of my way to get it, but hamburgers, nope. Vive la difference!
I'm with you there!

Chuy's copycat Salsa Fresco
Ingredients

1 oz serrano peppers, fresh
1/2 cup cilantro, fresh
1 cup onion
1 /3 cup lime juice, fresh
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 lbs roma tomatoes​

Directions
  1. Wash vegetables well.
  2. Stem and chop coarsely Serrano peppers. Remove seeds and ribs to reduce heat, if desired
  3. Peel and coarsely chop onion.
  4. Squeeze fresh lime juice.
  5. Core and coarsely chop tomatoes.
  6. Place Serrano chiles, cilantro, onion, lime juice, salt, and garlic salt in food processor, or blender and pulse on low for five seconds.
  7. Add tomatoes and pulse on low until desired consistency. (Chuys is pretty chunky) makes 1 quart.
  8. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have not eaten at McDonald's or Burger King in years. We seldom eat fast food. We prefer Nancy's a local. If not them than Carl's Jr, Wendy's, Taco Time over Taco Bell, or Popeyes.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Pollo Loco avocado salsa, I sneak in my own to-go large container when I go there.

In-n-Out Double Double animal style.

Five guys fries are my favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

How about a burger w/salsa on it? I kind of like Smashburger’s Spicy Baja Jalapeño Burger, it has a chipotle sauce, guacamole, and sliced jalapeños on it; not really a salsa, but getting there....

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
How about a burger w/salsa on it? I kind of like Smashburger’s Spicy Baja Jalapeño Burger, it has a chipotle sauce, guacamole, and sliced jalapeños on it; not really a salsa, but getting there....
Can't beat a green chile cheeseburger. Best ones are in New Mexico. :)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You’re right about that! I always go for the Laguna Burger when I’m there. Gotta make do when I’m not though, and Smashburger is the best option in Maryland. 5 guys with grilled jalapeños is about the second best, but just doesn’t cut it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Pollo Loco avocado salsa, I sneak in my own to-go large container when I go there.

In-n-Out Double Double animal style.

Five guys fries are my favorite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Five Guys fries are my favorites too. I cannot get enough of them. Rick orders us a SMALL order, and then they dump those extras in the bag. I keep telling him to order a bigger fry, but he says it's enough for two people.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I'll repeat what I said up-thread. Lack of trans fats pretty much ruined fries for me. Loved McDonald's skinny fries (what we grew up on) and a local (I think) chain called Y Not Burger (fat fries), but they are all pretty much "meh" now. Only thing making them edible is dipping them in catsup. And I have a weird thing about "bitter", can't stand anything that registers as bitter. Without the sweet and tangy from the catsup after a few fries I've got a bitter taste in my mouth -- happens at multiple restaurants so I blame the new oils.