• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In RM first 2 weeks october- Grand mayan- any news?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Wow - they let you into the Beach Club! We were at GB in late April and were not allowed. They said it was because we exchanged in. We met some other GL owners who exchanged into the GL and were not allowed to use the GL pool, but could use the Beach Club. The rules are really strange at RM!!!

You are right about the Mayan World FIesta - there are better ones in the area.

Our April trip was probably our last to that area. We like the PV/NV area much better.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Wow - they let you into the Beach Club! We were at GB in late April and were not allowed. They said it was because we exchanged in. We met some other GL owners who exchanged into the GL and were not allowed to use the GL pool, but could use the Beach Club. The rules are really strange at RM!!!

You are right about the Mayan World FIesta - there are better ones in the area.

Our April trip was probably our last to that area. We like the PV/NV area much better.

I only requested the luxxe wristband to access the beach club because i agreed to the owner update, it's low season (quite empty here now) and told them i paid top dollar for my grand mayan 1 bed suite so i wanted no restrictions to where i could go. I dont need to stay at the grand luxxe but i told them it would be nice to check out all the facilities.

The beach club is pretty cool but a bit cramped. You cant bring in any of your own beers (i have a nice little 9 can cooler bag)

The luxxe pool i was told is for residences only but again due to low season i checked it out one afternoon with no issues. It was maybe 10-15% full.

I dont mind the RM resort but no ocean views really. All jungle. Lots of mosquitoes too. I got bit many times.

Regardles of that, it is a beautiful place and both NV and RM have their own unique merits.

I will alternate back n forth RM and NV/PV as airfaire deals come around. My kids are young but i dont want them to miss too much school. So last 2 weeks march spring break and other times not certain Will have to do.

Swoop airlines (economy airline) just announced flights to PV now a new destination for them.

It just started raining hard right now lol
Is ok actually the intermittent clouds and rain and sun this time of year.

A little break from the intense heat. Its still warm rain though

Last edited: