• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Information from our Kings' Land "Owner's Update"

rdw95

Reaction score
They no longer allow resales purchased from HGVC resale to count as HGVC purchases.

Hi Sandy. We are purchasing our additional HGV property through HGVC resale agent at Tortuga Beach Club on the SW Florida coast, and they do count toward Elete status. I was personally told by the person in charge of HGVC resales in Orlando that there are 2 properties with authorized HGVC resale agents in SW Florida (I have the information at home on the name of the other one), plus a third property is expected to come on line this late summer/fall which will have a HGVC resale agent employed by HGVC. Our paperwork for the purchase included as part of the paperwork a form from HGVC listing the SW Florida property and Scotland.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Hi Sandy. We are purchasing our additional HGV property through HGVC resale agent at Tortuga Beach Club on the SW Florida coast, and they do count toward Elete status. I was personally told by the person in charge of HGVC resales in Orlando that there are 2 properties with authorized HGVC resale agents in SW Florida (I have the information at home on the name of the other one), plus a third property is expected to come on line this late summer/fall which will have a HGVC resale agent employed by HGVC. Our paperwork for the purchase included as part of the paperwork a form from HGVC listing the SW Florida property and Scotland.

That is how I purchased my resale and had it count towards elite. I did not think this practice was still permitted, but more power to us if this path is still open. I would get it in writing in the contract, just in case they want to go back and change it. That has not happened with my HGVC but it did happen with my Wyndham. I just had the paperwork to prove them wrong.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Well, we finally went to our first Owner's Update while staying here on the Big Island. We weren't sure if we wanted to waste our vacation time by sitting through a presentation, but we decided to accept the invitation and take the $100 gift certificate plus the 20% off activity card. After all, we are here for 12 days!

The most surprising thing I learned from the presentation is that Hilton does not know if you purchased your timeshare through a developer or on the resale market. Their paperwork showed only the original deed price of our timeshare at MarBrisa which is much, much more than we paid resale. The funniest part of the presentation was when the sales person said you can only purchase a Hawaiian timeshare in Hawaii and that if we were interested, we should buy a timeshare today because for some reason, Hilton "underpriced" the Ocean Tower timeshares! I almost laughed in his face! The most informative thing I learned from the presentation is that HGVC has acquired another timeshare in NYC, which I assume is the Quin, and that they have also purchased the Turtle Bay Resort on the north side of Oahu. The sales person said that Turtle Bay will be converted into 50% hotel rooms and 50% timeshare units. I am really interested to hear if anyone else knows something about this.

The final thing I learned about going to our first presentation is that all you have to do is mention that you bought your timeshare on the resale market and you are not interested in purchasing a timeshare any other way. As soon as we mentioned this, the sales manager said, 'Okay, I think we are done here. Let me get you signed out and we'll get your gift." Our "free" dinner at Sansei was delicious!! Thanks to all who have shared their experiences and given advice!

I love it. Ok, I think we are done. See how ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk