• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting Cash stay offer at W. 57th

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a W. 57th stay last night. Sunday afternoon we had a phone message about an interesting option for us as owners:

Come and stay for 2-night minimum (extendable to 4), and $150/night with no:

• Blackout dates
  • Surcharges for Holiday/Weekend
  • Owner short-stay fees
  • Booking Fees

Of course it has an "owner's update" requirement, but 60 minutes and gives 20K HHonors points, $100 Prepaid Visa or $200 Elevated Rewards that work at a bunch of local restaurants and such.

Also, the claim that we can get Studio Premier (STX), space available, and booking is at 10 months.

We confirmed for 2 nights and will see how it works out. We may add a night depending upon when we go as $150/night for this is very good.

The one caveat was that owner lounge access could not be guaranteed, although the rep said that he had never seen it denied (but I appreciate the honesty of not saying "sure it's included.")

Cheers.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We just got back from a W. 57th stay last night. Sunday afternoon we had a phone message about an interesting option for us as owners:

Come and stay for 2-night minimum (extendable to 4), and $150/night with no:

• Blackout dates
  • Surcharges for Holiday/Weekend
  • Owner short-stay fees
  • Booking Fees

Of course it has an "owner's update" requirement, but 60 minutes and gives 20K HHonors points, $100 Prepaid Visa or $200 Elevated Rewards that work at a bunch of local restaurants and such.

Also, the claim that we can get Studio Premier (STX), space available, and booking is at 10 months.

We confirmed for 2 nights and will see how it works out. We may add a night depending upon when we go as $150/night for this is very good.

The one caveat was that owner lounge access could not be guaranteed, although the rep said that he had never seen it denied (but I appreciate the honesty of not saying "sure it's included.")

Cheers.

So you are getting a presentation gift and only have to pay $150/night? That does sound like a good deal. I would definitely do 4 nights if you can. I have receive offers for 4 or 5 nights in Hawaii for about $750 without an additional gift but with the long expensive trip that certainly wasn't worth grabbing.

While there may not be any black out dates I would assume it is subject to availability since there are owners booking units and only a certain amount of units set aside for this promotion. There must be more availability at West 57th Street than I thought.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Interesting offer. That's about $100+ cheaper than open season and you can book 10 months out. If you can use your lounge privilege as an owner and avoid $85 short stay housekeeping fee, it's not bad.

Are they still promoting the Residences?

FWIW...W57 is akin to Lagoon Tower because it is a lower point way to stay in an expensive locale.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE="Tamaradarann, post: 2128861, member: 13796"]So you are getting a presentation gift and only have to pay $150/night? That does sound like a good deal. I would definitely do 4 nights if you can. I have receive offers for 4 or 5 nights in Hawaii for about $750 without an additional gift but with the long expensive trip that certainly wasn't worth grabbing.

While there may not be any black out dates I would assume it is subject to availability since there are owners booking units and only a certain amount of units set aside for this promotion. There must be more availability at West 57th Street than I thought.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be able to do 4 nights just based on the realities of life and how much vacation time we have.

As for availability- I do expect there to be limitations . There are only about 100 units total at W57th, so I do expect this to be limited and require early booking.

Interesting offer. That's about $100+ cheaper than open season and you can book 10 months out. If you can use your lounge privilege as an owner and avoid $85 short stay housekeeping fee, it's not bad.

Are they still promoting the Residences?

I believe that Residences is still the push. The guy even mentioned that staying at the Residences was within the rules for this, but thought that the likelihood was not high given how new it is.

We'll have to see about the lounge access claims :)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Circling back on this now that we've booked.

We wanted to go Labor Day weekend. As would seem reasonable, neither W. 57th nor HCNY were available for the weekend, although a 1-2 day move had them being available. We need the weekend, so couldn't move, but good to see that those places really are on the "available" list with a little flexibility.

We ended up at Hilton midtown. All things considered, this may be better than HCNY (since that would *not* come with lounge access) since the rooms are bigger. Asked her to put in a note for an exception to allow us to use the Executive Lounge since we're Hilton Diamonds. Not allowed for a package stay, but we'll see if they grant an exception anyway :)

Got the tour time that we "wanted" and will wear by TUG "shorten the presentation" shirt to see how that works.

Cheers.