• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Accommodation Certificate for Free

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a first for me. I just booked a one bedroom unit at the Royal Islander in Cancun (January 2019) using an Accommodation Certificate. When I got to the cost page the amount was $0. I usually pay $300 +/- for an Accommodation Certificate. Has this happened to anyone else?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first guess is that you just signed up for a hefty All Inclusive plan.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This is a first for me. I just booked a one bedroom unit at the Royal Islander in Cancun (January 2019) using an Accommodation Certificate. When I got to the cost page the amount was $0. I usually pay $300 +/- for an Accommodation Certificate. Has this happened to anyone else?
If you had a credit on your account they would use that. That could happen if you had a request in that expired and never matched and they credited your account instead of your credit card.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My first guess is that you just signed up for a hefty All Inclusive plan.
I once booked an all inclusive and I was charged the trade fee.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any kind of credit on our II account. And, the Royal Islander is not an all inclusive resort. Still wondering if anyone else has had this happen. :)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There is an extra check box to acknowledge the AI fee.

The first fee that comes up for me is guest cert, that was $0 due to being platinum. There was the normal fee at Moon Palace,did not see Royal listed for Jan in Cancun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never happened to me...…

I just tried to book the same resort with one of my ACs and the charge of $289 popped up which is what I would have expected.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Dang maybe I should try one of mine and see what fees I see.

Last one I used was $289.00

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hope you took a screen shot! So you can argue when they try charging your card

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i still have not received any AC since July when i opened the 2 accounts (one Vistana) in Interval. Has anyone gotten one recently (the free ones, not those given for a deposit). Has Interval changed its policy recently? I was under the impression that members receive several free ACs per year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How did you obtain the AC?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
i still have not received any AC since July when i opened the 2 accounts (one Vistana) in Interval. Has anyone gotten one recently (the free ones, not those given for a deposit). Has Interval changed its policy recently? I was under the impression that members receive several free ACs per year.

There haven't been any "freebies" in a while - the last 2 I received where in June 2018. One that expired in Dec and the other in Feb 2019. The Feb one was just recently extended to June.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Interval to see why we received the free Accommodation Certificate. I was a little worried they might have made a mistake and charge me or take it away. :)

In October, we stayed at a resort in the Bahamas for two weeks (back to back II Getaways) and we had a few maintenance issues that were never taken care of during our stay despite three requests. One was our patio door not locking, one shower wasn't very hot, and couple of light bulbs were burned out. We were in a second floor unit and we put a broom handle in the patio slider door frame, we showered in the second bathroom and we moved light bulbs from lamps we weren't using to other fixtures. It was not a big deal to us and we easily worked around it. I mentioned this on our II online resort survey and they gave us a free Accommodation Certificate week. That was unexpected and not really necessary. And, we had a great time at the resort and on the island. But, we will take the free week and enjoy it. Cheers!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice - this appears to truly be a "freebie" then. Got for free and no exchange fee.

Kudos for II for noticing this on the survey!