• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Irma - The 400 Lb Gorilla In The Room

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember, in a bind, high ground counts even if it is a woods sleep over.

A "woods sleep over" through a Category 5 hurricane? Might be time to get that psych evaluation updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to call in and get your points back and re-locate further North. Good Luck and be safe. Remember, in a bind, high ground counts even if it is a woods sleep over.

gotta say, im not too concerned about points...likely Reunion will just be a place to sleep my first night on the run

my house is at the highest point in Cape Coral. Of course high is relative. About 10 feet above sea level... thanks for the "woods" advice but I havent slept in the car since my first timeshare purchase

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hurricane Irma Updates
We advise all travelers to the Myrtle Beach area to pay close attention to all weather reports and updates. While we are still uncertain as to where hurricane Irma is headed, we want both our residents and visitors to have the most current information available in order to protect themselves.

For those with travel plans to the Myrtle Beach area this week, we advise that they contact their hotels and accommodations directly for information on their policy pertaining to Hurricanes and to see what their cancellation policies are. For a complete list of our accommodations members please click here.

The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention and Visitors Bureau is monitoring Irma as the storm makes its way closer to the United States shoreline. All latest updates will be posted on our website, as well as on social media channels Facebook and Twitter.

Additional hurricane information can be found on Horry County’s website by clicking here.

Horry County Emergency Management has moved to Operating Condition Level 4 (OPCON 4), which puts Horry County on “Alert” status. This means county and city officials have begun discussions with South Carolina Emergency Management, the National Weather Service and other coastal communities. Horry County will continue to monitor the storm closely and review all operational plans.

Additionally, South Carolina Governor Harry McMaster has issued a state of emergency. “The state of emergency allows one of the best, most experienced emergency response teams in the entire world to begin organizing response efforts,” McMaster said, while urging people to prepare for a possible landfall.

For additional local information and visitor resources, click here.

UPDATE: Per Wyndham, for reservations through September 14, 2017, if someone calls in the reservation can be cancelled with points returned.

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Wishing the best to all those who live in Florida and up the east coast.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"IMPORTANT HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE
With many resorts in the path of Hurricane Irma, Wyndham Vacation Ownership is closely monitoring the impacts of the storm as well as the projected path. At this time, we are able to confirm that all associates, owners and guests who were at Wyndham Rio Mar, Wyndham St. Thomas, Elysian Beach Resort, and Bluebeard’s Beach Club during the storm are safe. We will continue to monitor the impacts to our other resorts. Due to Hurricane Irma's predicted impact to the Central Florida area, the Wyndham Vacation Ownership corporate offices, including the Orlando-based contact centers, will be closed beginning Friday afternoon through Monday. We expect to resume normal operations Tuesday. During the closure, our staffing will be reduced since Orlando-based contact center agents will not be available. Agents based in other contact centers will be able to assist you, though you may experience longer than normal hold times. We appreciate your understanding during this emergency situation."

The above showed up on the Wyndham Vacation Resorts site.

It would be nice to other owners who have a pressing need to talk with Wyndham over the next few days to hold all non important calls to them.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Edisto Island

"The governor did not rule out more evacuations. He suggested residents and visitors just outside the islands being evacuated to find safe shelter from Irma. Those areas include Edisto Island and St. Helena Island.

The eight islands were chosen for evacuation because of expected storm surge of up to six feet when Irma passes by South Carolina on Monday, the governor said at a news briefing shortly before 8 p.m."

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
gotta say, im not too concerned about points...likely Reunion will just be a place to sleep my first night on the run

my house is at the highest point in Cape Coral. Of course high is relative. About 10 feet above sea level... thanks for the "woods" advice but I havent slept in the car since my first timeshare purchase

Ron - were you able to make it to Reunion? And are you safe?

Wes.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron - were you able to make it to Reunion? And are you safe?

Wes.

Thanks for your concern... yes Im at Reunion and safe.. We are expecting a lot of rain and enough wind that we will probably lose power

They are now saying the eye is likely to pass over Naples and then on to Cape Coral... my home

heres a video of my back yard taken at 11:30 this morning
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/6DC9863060F42E81_201709

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern... yes Im at Reunion and safe.. We are expecting a lot of rain and enough wind that we will probably lose power

They are now saying the eye is likely to pass over Naples and then on to Cape Coral... my home

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/6DC9863060F42E81_201709

Winds are intense in South East Florida, can only imagine whats going to happen on the west coast. I pray everyone in its path.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Glad you are safe Ron. Please keep us updated on the weather there and at your house. How long will you be at Reunion?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Watching the news closely and keeping all of Florida in our prayers! Glad you are safe, Ron!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you are safe Ron. Please keep us updated on the weather there and at your house. How long will you be at Reunion?

My reservation here is through Thursday
Whether I stay here or go home or go to D.C. To be with family, go to California and live on the boat ; it all depends on what happens at my house and how long it takes to get back power

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My reservation here is through Thursday
Whether I stay here or go home or go to D.C. To be with family, go to California and live on the boat ; it all depends on what happens at my house and how long it takes to get back power

That's great you are safe. Did you plan this "vacation" well in advance? Or when Irma starting looking like a Florida hit? I was able to make three reservations for family in Tampa Florida up at Fairfield Glade in Tennessee. They are thrilled to be out of the crosshairs of the storm.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked in with my friend in Miami this past Tuesday and his plan was to go to Tampa and stay at his friend's home on Thu and ride Irma out from there. I told him I would not do that because we never knew if Irma would hit the east or west coast and I could book a week for him in Orlando at no charge starting on Fri. He accepted it, which I believe was still the right decision.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nicely done. Great to be able to use these well built resorts to house friend and family when they can get there in a few hours. Certainly beats the conditions at a shelter.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMG_3304.MOV

Here's a clips on what is happening in west Boca. Can only imagine the west coast.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great you are safe. Did you plan this "vacation" well in advance? Or when Irma starting looking like a Florida hit? I was able to make three reservations for family in Tampa Florida up at Fairfield Glade in Tennessee. They are thrilled to be out of the crosshairs of the storm.

This was a last minute thing. I made the reservation this past Monday or Tuesday. it's a Worldmark unit at Reunion. check out is next week.

And I have a reservation at Fairfield glade starting Wednesday.

And my brother has space at his home in Maryland

so lots of options

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a last minute thing. I made the reservation this past Monday or Tuesday. it's a Worldmark unit at Reunion. check out is next week.

so lots of options

And we've got room in our house in Michigan. Spare bedroom and bathroom. Private entrance through basement service door. We will take you out on Gun Lake on the pontoon!

Wes.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

so lots of options

If you end up coming up to the DC area and want to go to a ball game, I've got an extra ticket to the Dodgers games Friday and Sunday (9/15 & 17). Of course, they may have problems getting the games in. They got this hurricane thing going on.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

so lots of options
And we have room too in Houston!!

ilenekm

TUG Member
Reaction score

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For South Floridia, Wyndham advised 1 of the four resorts is closed for renovations until further notice, one is open, they hope two open tomorrow.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Didn't realize Destin and Panama City were impacted by this storm too :( God knows what either assessment or how much fees will go up for us CWA owners next year :( Our fees went up almost 10% last year :(