• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is 5G technology bad for our health?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
As 5G wireless technology is slowly making its way across the globe, many government agencies and organizations advise that there is no reason to be alarmed about the effects of radiofrequency waves on our health. But some experts strongly disagree.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326141.php

There is certainly evidence that ties RF-EMF exposure to a small increase in the risk of developing certain cancers and other adverse health outcomes.

But the jury is still out on how serious a threat RF-EMFs in general — and 5G bandwidths in particular — pose to our health.

For those of us who live in densely populated areas, there is no escape from the myriad radio waves zipping through the air all around us.

To reduce our exposure to RF-EMFs, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suggest cutting down how much time we spend on our cell phones, as well as using speaker mode or a hands-free kit to create more distance between our devices and our heads.

The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommend limiting the time that kids and teenagers spend on mobile devices.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I remember the movie The Terminator. The machines fight the humans in a physical war.

Rather than war, I think the machines will conquer the human race and take over the world in a number of more insidious ways. Initially, I thought that they might drive us all crazy with constant tech updates to our computers and cell phones. Every time there is a darn update, I hold my breath while I wait to see what new problems the update will bring. What will Microsoft or Google do to me next? Programs that i understood in the past no longer work the same way that they once did, and each update seems to bring more and more complexity to my tech world.

Or maybe I will be suffocated under a giant mountain of relentless email. Email seems to swallow up more and more of my time (and I don't even participate on Twitter or Facebook!).

But perhaps they will slowly kill us with invisible waves. I don't think wearing an aluminum foil hat will help to protect us!!

Last edited: