• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Marbrisa an Affiliate or not?

fabro001

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Villas at Disney's Grand Californian
DVC Saratoga Springs
HGVC Marbrisa
HGVC W57th
Wyndham Worldmark
I am doing my due diligence about HGVC and have a question about MarBrisa in Carlsbad, CA.
I am interested in a resale contract: 6200points EOY, Even years starting 2020. Float week (1-52).

Questions:
1. Do these points and float weeks seem like the contract was executed when MarBrisa was an affiliate resort or an HGVC developed/managed resort?

2. If I am purchasing this resale contract, are there any downsides if the original contract was executed when MarBrisa was an affilliated resort?

As reference, I am more interested in using the points to use for other HGVC resorts rather than using it exclusively for the Week at MarBrisa.

Thanks in advance.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Have you read the info in the HGVC Sticky - here.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I believe that Marbrisa has a higher maintenance fee than many other resorts. That is is something to consider, particularly since you mention using this potential purchase mostly for points. There is always a bit of a trade-off between purchase price and the MF. Some really seek out the lowest ongoing fees, and others seek out low up front costs... There are quite a few threads that discuss the merits of each approach.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I agree to read the stickies. We owned at MarBrisa and still own The Bay Club. Both had similar MFs. We never Hiltionized our Bay Club though because we are not interested in trading. We never had any issues since we purchased resale.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
We were close to buying at Marbrisa. We were actually under contract when we found out that the ELARA MF were much lower. Our broker David Patchnanian let us out of our contract and we bought ELARA. During the process we found out they are managed by GP and they have no ROFR with HGV. I’d suggest if your only buying for points - buy Vegas for the lower MF. When we bought the ELARA wasn’t exercising ROFR, I don’t know what they are doing now.

jnsrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
I own an EOYO week at MarBrisa which I can convert to HGVC points. You will have to pay a one time fee to Hilton in order to exchange your week for points from here on out, but then it is a piece of cake. You will have the option to keep your deeded week or exchange it for the alloted amount of HGVC points. I've never used my deeded week and it doesn't matter if your original deed dates back to when MarBrisa was solely owned by Grand Pacific. You will pay higher overall maintenance fees, but I like being able to have access to all the extras that GPX offers. I also like to book short stays at Grand Pacific resorts in RCI, which you can do without the 4-in-1 rule when you own at a GP resort.

lvtraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Big Bear CA
I own an EOYO week at MarBrisa which I can convert to HGVC points. You will have to pay a one time fee to Hilton in order to exchange your week for points from here on out, but then it is a piece of cake. You will have the option to keep your deeded week or exchange it for the alloted amount of HGVC points. I've never used my deeded week and it doesn't matter if your original deed dates back to when MarBrisa was solely owned by Grand Pacific. You will pay higher overall maintenance fees, but I like being able to have access to all the extras that GPX offers. I also like to book short stays at Grand Pacific resorts in RCI, which you can do without the 4-in-1 rule when you own at a GP resort.
We are looking at a Marbrisa resale after pulling out of a GP direct deal.. We are interested in doing exactly what you stated.. So you pay the fee once and moving forward you can always convert to points? What was the fee? Thanks