• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Island Links Resort

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived late last night. Front desk was closed picked up keys from lock box. The 2 BR is beautiful and looks like everything was recently updated.

I had 8 requests to rent this unit so I will book the 4th of july week again in the future. I pulled the trigger to soon and only rented 3 nights out of 7.

Offered $125 to do update. Let me know if you have any burning questions.

Stephen

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We stayed twice recently on rental. Had 3-BR which was a bit dated but extremely comfortable and clean....would stay again in a heartbeat. We own several Marriott weeks but IL is very nice.

What do you mean you had 8 requests to rent that unit? You had an ad somewhere? you ended up going yourself? just curious.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
anything interesting in that 15 minutes? silver dilution. Cloobeck proposed stock sale? Fractional O in the US? Any new places on the horizon? Changes to Club Select entry level?

resort is managed by coral sands. did not discuss anything substantive.

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score
resort is managed by coral sands. did not discuss anything substantive.

thanks. I see now that it is an affiliated resort in the US collection. I wonder if it is a pseudo affiliate, decent trust inventory and 13 month window? Dunes Village is one pseudo affiliate.

Are you able to rent points from Diamond while still having points?
As a silver level, 14 days out or less, points would then cost .09 (currently)/point. Could one advance book and pay the $85 cancel fee. Then if you have confirmed res for the guest yet be able to lower your cost or have availability for more than one interested guest. Does this make sense to you?

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
thanks. I see now that it is an affiliated resort in the US collection. I wonder if it is a pseudo affiliate, decent trust inventory and 13 month window? Dunes Village is one pseudo affiliate.

Are you able to rent points from Diamond while still having points?
As a silver level, 14 days out or less, points would then cost .09 (currently)/point. Could one advance book and pay the $85 cancel fee. Then if you have confirmed res for the guest yet be able to lower your cost or have availability for more than one interested guest. Does this make sense to you?

We have been here since Sunday.... Leaving tomorrow. Wow what a fun time and best Timeshare for the whole family I have been at....:banana:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Diamond Club Member did you received a second floor updated unit ?

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Diamond Club Member did you received a second floor updated unit ?

We are going to Island Links in September. I would be inclined to request an updated unit. Are they all second floor? We need first floor or elevator.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Island Links consists of both DRI units and Coral Resorts units both managed by Reba. I believe the inventory and units are separate. Both types exchance through both RCI and II I believe. In RCI they have a different resort code for the DRI units. I don't think they have different codes in II. If the info that I was told several years ago is still correct they Coral Resorts and DRI units are on different (but similar) refurb schedules. In the Coral Resort section I don't believe they would refurb a part of a building. It would be the whole building or nothing.

Also as an exchanger you can certainly request the nicer units but every time I've stayed in a Diamond resort, exchangers do not get updated units. At the Williamsburg resorts I feel like the purposely keep some units not updated specifically to save money and to keep them for exchangers.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Island Links consists of both DRI units and Coral Resorts units both managed by Reba. I believe the inventory and units are separate. Both types exchance through both RCI and II I believe. In RCI they have a different resort code for the DRI units. I don't think they have different codes in II.

Our II confirmation shows resort code ILK. I believe there is another II code, IL1. Also it is unit 269. Would this indicate second floor?

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Island Links consists of both DRI units and Coral Resorts units both managed by Reba. I believe the inventory and units are separate. Both types exchance through both RCI and II I believe. In RCI they have a different resort code for the DRI units. I don't think they have different codes in II. If the info that I was told several years ago is still correct they Coral Resorts and DRI units are on different (but similar) refurb schedules. In the Coral Resort section I don't believe they would refurb a part of a building. It would be the whole building or nothing.

Also as an exchanger you can certainly request the nicer units but every time I've stayed in a Diamond resort, exchangers do not get updated units. At the Williamsburg resorts I feel like the purposely keep some units not updated specifically to save money and to keep them for exchangers.

We are on the first floor room 145, three bedroom nice rooms with very nice features but could use updating..... You also heard every movement from the people upstairs.... Thin walls.... Kind of a weird layout with Master and connecting bedroom having to share the Master Bath..... BUT ALL IN ALL they had wonderful activities and we had a nice stay and an amazing trip!!!! We want to come back in two years and stay here..... :banana: Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this information.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our II conformation for two-bedroom unit 269 in September says "two single beds" in the second bedroom. Do they mean twin or full? I will call the office and ask in the morning.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Is Island Links on the same property as Coral Sands? I have two 3 bdr units at Coral starting next week.

birddog31

Reaction score
How is the weather/temps here end of December beginning of January? Things to do for small children?

Thanks for any feedback!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How is the weather/temps here end of December beginning of January? Things to do for small children?

Thanks for any feedback!!

At that time of year you can have some cloudy chilly weather in the 40's or you can have sunny days that reach the mid 60's to lower 70's. You often can have both types of days in the same week. It's fairly rare to have a week where you don't have at least one day in the 60's.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/hilton-head-island-sc/29926/january-weather/340557

http://www.parents.com/fun/vacation/ideas/hilton-head/?slideId=29626

I think most can be done in winter. You would just need to bundle up a bit more on the cooler days for the outdoor activities.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent most of my DD's earliest years spending a winter week on Hilton Head. Plenty to do with young children. And, as has been mentioned, the weather can vary widely.

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
we have on ongoing search going for NEXT July 2017 for Island Links.... we love the place..... Dave:whoopee: hope we get it.... another 3 bedroom over July 4th....

birddog31

Reaction score
What's the deal with booking a place there in the summer? Almost impossible.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
We are on the first floor room 145, three bedroom nice rooms with very nice features but could use updating..... You also heard every movement from the people upstairs.... Thin walls.... Kind of a weird layout with Master and connecting bedroom having to share the Master Bath..... BUT ALL IN ALL they had wonderful activities and we had a nice stay and an amazing trip!!!! We want to come back in two years and stay here..... :banana: Dave
I know this is an old post but could you tell me if they have three bedroom lockoffs?

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know this is an old post but could you tell me if they have three bedroom lockoffs?

No, lock offs.... true 3 bedrooms......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
No, lock offs.... true 3 bedrooms......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. Debating if a 3 bedroom would benefit me if it's not a lockoff

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Debating if a 3 bedroom would benefit me if it's not a lockoff

We LOVE the 3 bedroom... we had booked two for this past summer and already have it booked for the summer of 2019..... it depends on what your looking for.... are you wanting to buy???? then do like we did and get a 122000 point Grandview at Las Vegas and trade into it every year..... BUT make sure to buy it resale.... we always have points left over that gets added onto the next years pile.... :) we also do it through RCI so I dont know what your planning on doing.... Dave +++like other people have said the rooms could use some updating BUT its a wonderful timeshare in a wonderful location.... :) also each 3 bedroom has two full bathrooms a living room, dining room, and kitchen.... living and dining room are attached... also the one bedroom has a door out to the living room BUT it also has a door that is connected to the main bedroom... we love it and it has never bothered us....