• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It's not coming fast enough.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
After we just got rid of all the snow, we get 8 inches today. Supposed to be about 30 for a high and 5 for a low for about another week.

30 more days to our Kauai trip and it's not coming fast enough. Then to top it off, I had to take my wife to the hospital on Friday to have a urinary stent put in. She has a kidney stone but she was so infected they had to drain her kidney. Hopefully they can go in and crush the stone next week. Then, a week after that they can take the stent out. This is the second time she's had this and hopefully the last.

Never been so ready to get away.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
This is definitely the winter that never ends! We're supposed to get snow here on Friday...

Kurt

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
We broke 100 year records for cold temperatures on the weekend! Definitely the winter that never ends.
I hope the next month passes quickly for you and that you’re soon back in your “happy place”!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hang in there!

Think warm sands, cool drinks. Warm sands, cool drinks.

You guys will be on your way in no time.

cheers.

(I know, it's tough)

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
After we just got rid of all the snow, we get 8 inches today. Supposed to be about 30 for a high and 5 for a low for about another week.

30 more days to our Kauai trip and it's not coming fast enough. Then to top it off, I had to take my wife to the hospital on Friday to have a urinary stent put in. She has a kidney stone but she was so infected they had to drain her kidney. Hopefully they can go in and crush the stone next week. Then, a week after that they can take the stent out. This is the second time she's had this and hopefully the last.

Never been so ready to get away.

I had a kidney stone once and the nurses on the floor said now men know what giving birth is like (except the stone has sharp edges) They broke mine up ultrasonically.

I've got two weeks at Alii Kai on the market. Will make a fellow mid westerner a great price.

Sterling

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I had a kidney stone once and the nurses on the floor said now men know what giving birth is like (except the stone has sharp edges) They broke mine up ultrasonically.

I've got two weeks at Alii Kai on the market. Will make a fellow mid westerner a great price.

Sterling

Sterling, I sent you a PM.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, you'll make the most of your Island time, I'm sure. Hope your wife is healed and ready for her own adventure. Hang in there.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, you'll make the most of your Island time, I'm sure. Hope your wife is healed and ready for her own adventure. Hang in there.

Dave

That’s our big concern right now. I hope they get her in next week. If that happens she should be good. Fingers crossed.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That’s our big concern right now. I hope they get her in next week. If that happens she should be good. Fingers crossed.

You'll be escaping This Winter when you leave. And when you come back, you'll be just in time for Next Winter. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You'll be escaping This Winter when you leave. And when you come back, you'll be just in time for Next Winter. :)

Dave

That's typical Wisconsin.:)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That's typical Wisconsin.:)

I knew somebody from Minneapolis. She said you folks had four seasons: Pre-Winter, Winter, Post Winter, and Next Winter. ;)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Where I grew up (NW MN), we called Minneapolis the "balmy south". :)

Kurt

She moved to Washington when she realized it was 55 degrees warmer in her refrigerator than it was outside. Sorry, that's way too cold for me. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
She moved to Washington when she realized it was 55 degrees warmer in her refrigerator than it was outside. Sorry, that's way too cold for me. :)

Dave

The older I get, the worse it gets for me too.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The older I get, the worse it gets for me too.

You definitely got it worse than we did, but thank goodness neither of us was in Wausau or WI Rapids this week!!

13 days to go....

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You definitely got it worse than we did, but thank goodness neither of us was in Wausau or WI Rapids this week!!

13 days to go....

At least 13 days ago it was March.:) I know we’ve had big snows in April but i’ve Just had it this year.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Got some bad news for your trip: There's snow on Mauna Kea ;)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DW is in surgery now. They have to remove the stent and the kidney stone, then put in another stent for a week. Hopefully she’ll be all ready a week from today when they get this stent out.
After that she said she should be back to normal. Then she’ll probably start packing. :)

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I can relate, I mean with the kidney stone. Been there, done that. Being prone to kidney stones and with an upcoming trip to Kauai, I am getting an x-ray and seeing my urologist soon to make sure the stones aren't getting too large.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep, my wife just got out of the operating room and the doctor said it was a very large stone that wouldn’t have passed. Sounds like that was the same problem in 2015. They did take a sample of this one so they may be able to tell is why she’s getting the stones.

I’m just waiting for her to get to the room now. She probably be wide awake and hungry like usual after a surgery. :)

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Yep, my wife just got out of the operating room and the doctor said it was a very large stone that wouldn’t have passed. Sounds like that was the same problem in 2015. They did take a sample of this one so they may be able to tell is why she’s getting the stones.

I’m just waiting for her to get to the room now. She probably be wide awake and hungry like usual after a surgery. :)

Glad it went well and with enough time to recover for vacay!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Good to hear that they have some answers. Hope she’s recovered in time for your trip. Give her my best.

Dave

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Garden Island is a great place to recover.
More snow coming this weekend:confused:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
52278540-B1A1-4689-B130-376AEE203B56.jpeg
Alright, enough is enough. Never seen this much hail. We got pounded and had to shovel it. Luckily our cars are ok. Plus we’re supposed to get another 3 to 6 inches of snow tomorrow. :mad: I’m done.

33F69F27-FB53-4113-89DA-1CE0C256A437.jpeg